Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Mar 19 here with same delivery window... No contact at all yet. LG GF 20AT in VA.
Sponsored

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
It would be helpful to have a Guide. I’m a 2019 pre-order with a LE LG/FE and an Oct-Dec estimate. It seems like the ones getting delivered now have the off-road/underbody package. I don’t really need that but I would definitely add it if someone with knowledge told me it would move me up in line so i could get deliver this year.
Interesting theory. Didn't something similar happen with early R1T deliveries that felt "out of order" from a pre order to delivery date standpoint? We assumed it could have been due to the config, especially the underbody shield.

Condor

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Rivian R1S
Any updates? Any R1S preorders with Oct-Dec delivery window gotten a guide yet?

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
I am an Oct-Dec Delivery window for an R1S. Changed it from an R1T. Pre order date was Dec 2018. I had a guide assigned since April. Got my 8 steps Sept 1. As far as I know my R1S is at the Orlando location going through pre inspection before delivery. Waiting for delivery schedule.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I am an Oct-Dec Delivery window for an R1S. Changed it from an R1T. Pre order date was Dec 2018. I had a guide assigned since April. Got my 8 steps Sept 1. As far as I know my R1S is at the Orlando location going through pre inspection before delivery. Waiting for delivery schedule.
Great! Curious about your config, particularly underbody and interior color. But good news that we are on to (at least some) Oct. windows.

Sponsored

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
Someone is getting a Rivian Blue on in LA soon. Drove by the service center and it was all wrapped up in shipping plastics

Surfnturf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tunda, GMC Yukon
Occupation
Self Employed
R1S LE, GW with BLK Mountain, 20" AT

Got an email yesterday that my wall charger shipped. So reached out to my guide and she looked up VIN and said its going through pre inspection.... If I didn't reach out I would never know anything.

Curney1

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram truck
Occupation
Self
We won’t hear anything until the Aug-Sept R1S deliveries have heard.

I am tentatively expecting the Aug/Sept R1S deliveries to be like the R1T‘S “Jan/Feb” deliveries this year. Those were delayed to March, but once they started, they went fast, and people with later dates began hearing very shortly thereafter. So that means probably November or later for us, but not too much later.

ETA: And maybe the September 30 quarter end means that the first R1S deliveries can’t slip as much as the first R1T deliveries did. Wishful thinking…
great info

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Great! Curious about your config, particularly underbody and interior color. But good news that we are on to (at least some) Oct. windows.
Patiently waiting for OC deliveries to start...

Sponsored

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022

Tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Tahoe -> Audi e-tron
Occupation
Counselor
I posted in another forum, but I reached out to my Guide and asked a direct question: "Will I take delivery of my R1S in 2022 within my window of Oct.-Dec." The answer was "Yes." I have renewed hope.

steve1081

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model S, 2021 Yukon Denali, R1S LE
I preordered R1S in Nov 2019.

Launch Green / Black Mountain / 20” Truck AT / Underbody Shield

Latest delivery window was Aug - Sept

no guide contact, no nothing, until…

9/1 received the email that my config was ready to confirm, set up guide call, completed 8 steps the same day. As others have said at this point you can not make changes without guide contact so I believe at this point you have been assigned a vehicle that matches what you configured. This is in line with the previous info provided from rivian about how delivery’s would go. I was also given a vin at this point…. The guid didn’t have any info at all on timing.

I didn’t hear anything at all until 9/13 (yesterday) I received an email that my charger shipped. Then I received an email later that day that it was ready for delivery and made an appointment for 9/16 (tomorrow) for delivery.

It all seemed to happen really fast.

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Congrats!

I am still waiting. Hopefully I get a guide soon.

Now my biggest concern is the railway strike potential. I would assume that will impact deliveries if the strike happens.

OP
OP
Lmirafuente

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Congrats!

I am still waiting. Hopefully I get a guide soon.

Now my biggest concern is the railway strike potential. I would assume that will impact deliveries if the strike happens.
Looks like the railway strike was avoided! Phew!
Sponsored