Sponsored

R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023)

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
I swapped my BM to the new OC. My guide doesn't believe it will cause a delay any longer, but has promised to keep a close eye and alert me if he thinks it is delaying my order at all.
Sponsored

jtshaw

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, LE R1S
Occupation
Engineering VP
I happened to be in Bellevue, and there were at least 2 R1S's in the lot yesterday. They could be employee deliveries, since Rivian has an office in Seattle, but it's a good sign! Looked to be RB w/ 20' AT's (non-bright) and LG but I couldn't see the wheels.

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

I swapped my BM to the new OC. My guide doesn't believe it will cause a delay any longer, but has promised to keep a close eye and alert me if he thinks it is delaying my order at all.
I've been looking for this answer all day - thanks! Also - please let us know if your Guide reaches out to change his guess. Thanks

johnnylawson

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 RAV4 EV, 2012 Volt
Occupation
Solutions Architect / Developer
Clubs

Ahk decisions - Launch green with BM with the launch green accents or LG with the new ocean, and no green accents. floot mats too

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) Screenshot 2022-08-19 115744

Sponsored

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
I'm a Sept 20 launch edition R1S. My initial delivery window was July to Sept 22. In the course of trying to get this vehicle, I canceled when RJ raised prices. Got my money back. When he rescinded the price hikes I signed back up. In the course of doing that my account went into double secret time out and nobody can talk to me about my account. They see it in their system but cited an internal error that has yet to be fixed (conversations to verify this started in April) I call on a monthly basis. No luck, no update yet I"m reassured that the guides can see my order. Not one email other than the one a few weeks ago, that allowed me to repay the $1000 and to inform me that $100 went to confirm my purchase agreement to get in under the new Biden bill. I have never received any communication from Rivian about any changes to my delivery. Of course, I know it won't happen in my normal delivery period. But Jeez, as others have mentioned on this forum, not a peep. What worries me is that there is an internal error with my order. When you combine that with total shit communication from Rivian, I wonder if I have a real order (i do have an order number). I've tried to follow the hack to see my order on their side but that failed. So in the end, I keep calling on a monthly basis. As many of you know we've all been promised updates on deliveries. Sadly, every time frame that I was told about, never materialized for me. Whoa is me , right?

In sum, all of this has led me to create plan B(Fisker Extreme) and Plan C (dual motor Lyriq) And all of these plans along with the mystical Rivian delivery date all sound like mid- 2023. In my opinion, if I had to bet on one or the other, I"m betting Fisker comes first. Henrik learned from his previous mistakes and is doing it differently (having Magna Stryr build the vehicles. Second, I think Caddy will come thru. I have the least amount of faith in Rivian. Too bad, b/c I think its a ground breaking vehicle.

What have other people done? Abandoned Rivian? Made Plan B/C/D?
And how has the tax situation affected your BEV plans?

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Took delivery of bronco in march. Not an EV, but something until my lucky ticket gets pulled for my R1S. Then it will be decision time. I still have pre march pricing. No way am I ever cancelling now seeing the further price increases.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I happened to be in Bellevue, and there were at least 2 R1S's in the lot yesterday. They could be employee deliveries, since Rivian has an office in Seattle, but it's a good sign! Looked to be RB w/ 20' AT's (non-bright) and LG but I couldn't see the wheels.
That's encouraging. I might swing by this weekend and see if those two are still around, or if there are potentially others.

Also, I can't imagine why you're Oct - Dec and I'm Aug - Sept with our respective pre-order dates in the same location. Maybe 22s vs 20s?

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Welp I got a guide at least, thats something.
congrats

It really does seem like the reservation dates mean a little more with the R1S based on people reporting scheduled deliveries, 8 step processes, and guides.

Sponsored

Blakeney

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ram 1500 Limited, 2020 Kia Telluride SX
Same boat, original OC interior, then to BM due to delay. Want to switch back but CS says the same story, any changes can effect your Oct-dev delivery….. ahhhhh nail biter!!!

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
There are several R1S in the Denver SC and someone here is going through the 8 step process already. They are Aug/Sept delivery. Hope they will start picking up speed in the coming weeks. They had at least 40 R1Ts in the lot last week and were expecting more R1Ss.

Rivian R1T R1S R1S : Oct-Dec Delivery (Now Jan-Feb or Feb-Mar 2023) E5B72D48-1B70-4480-B840-989DEFC6089B

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
It would be helpful to have a Guide. I’m a 2019 pre-order with a LE LG/FE and an Oct-Dec estimate. It seems like the ones getting delivered now have the off-road/underbody package. I don’t really need that but I would definitely add it if someone with knowledge told me it would move me up in line so i could get deliver this year.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Welp I got a guide at least, thats something.
Go Kan! We ordered same month but I have no offload and when they switched the OC, switched it back to that. Would like to get this year; if I get delayed I would consider switching back to BM. I really don't need offroad pkg (my offroading is on sand).

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Go Kan! We ordered same month but I have no offload and when they switched the OC, switched it back to that. Would like to get this year; if I get delayed I would consider switching back to BM. I really don't need offroad pkg (my offroading is on sand).

Haha ty! It's been a road but others have been on it longer as well so I'm not too worried just really hoping for something soon.
Sponsored