Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
It’s pretty obvious who Rivian is marketing to, and it’s not Joe Redneck.
Don't make me throw a Nascar party to celebrate the arrival of my Rivian.
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

To anyone living in Austin, If I were there, I would be driving once a week to see the Cybertruck and Semi factory going up, taking pictures, and yes do it while still celebrating NASCAR. A NASCAR race without the “roar” would be a silent movie! Got to have ICE cars in perpetuity. Merry Christmas.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
To anyone living in Austin, If I were there, I would be driving once a week to see the Cybertruck and Semi factory going up, taking pictures, and yes do it while still celebrating NASCAR. A NASCAR race without the “roar” would be a silent movie! Got to have ICE cars in perpetuity. Merry Christmas.
Elon Musk was a keynote speaker at a Governor’s event I was at several years ago. He was asked by one of the Governors if he thought ICE vehicles would still be around in 20 years. His response was classic: “Well, we still have horses don’t we. So, yes, ICE vehicles will still be around. They just won’t be a primary source of transportation.”

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
If Rivian wants to market to Joe Redneck, they need to get the R1T as a pace car and show how it can hold it’s own against souped up NASCAR vehicles!

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Elon Musk was a keynote speaker at a Governor’s event I was at several years ago. He was asked by one of the Governors if he thought ICE vehicles would still be around in 20 years. His response was classic: “Well, we still have horses don’t we. So, yes, ICE vehicles will still be around. They just won’t be a primary source of transportation.”
Musk right on — and greetings from a former 21 year resident of Park City.

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

If Rivian wants to market to Joe Redneck, they need to get the R1T as a pace car and show how it can hold it’s own against souped up NASCAR vehicles!
This is a beautiful idea, and have a special E powered “8 cylinder roar” from hidden speakers in the bed of the R1T to turn on and off, up and down. Blow the roof off. ?

Philzer

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Impreza
Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Clubs

Does anyone have an idea on break even costs? I'm asking because I was told EA has no plans for charging stations in Alaska due to our low population. So I'm guessing Rivian will not put anything up here either. I sure hope I'm wrong.
Even though it is low population, Rivian should still do it as an outdoor destination venue, that is the entire state of Alaska! If they do, they would also be wise to install chargers on the Alcan highway where there currently is next to nothing, in northern British Columbia and Yukon Territories, just so Rivians can get to Alaska, starting with chargers in Dawson Creek & Fort Nelson B.C. and Watson Lake & Whitehorse Y.T. as well as a charger at the first stop on that highway once in Alaska, Tok, Alaska. From there, a charge should get you to Anchorage or Fairbanks. After achieving that, they could place a charging station at Denali National Park, mission accomplished Rivian! Everything I have just described, would be with Rivian charging staions, not EA, but if EA would jump in and help, great!
Sponsored

Last edited: