Sponsored

October - November 2022 (New 6/11 delivery estimate)

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So I was pushed to this group from July-Sept. Thursday last week I switched to 21 inch aero wheels from 20 inch AT. Yesterday got guide and locked in configuration.

adventure package el cap granite, black mountain interior 21 inch wheels
I've been back and forth switching to the 21s but I really wanted the 20s. I'm hoping the Q4 delivery windows don't suddenly change to see you in 2023 in a few weeks.
Sponsored

101kgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 540, Lexus GX460, 1965 Shelby GT350, 81 Bronco
Occupation
Design/Import
I've been back and forth switching to the 21s but I really wanted the 20s. I'm hoping the Q4 delivery windows don't suddenly change to see you in 2023 in a few weeks.
I'm with you on the 20s, BY FAR my top choice of wheels they offer and up until last week the only one's I'd consider. However, I was watching all of these guys post on here with miraculous events by changing to 21s so I did it last Thursday. By Tuesday I had a guide and was being asked to confirm my build. I'm as convinced as I can get that changing the wheels was the only reason things started moving like this.

Original delivery window Oct-Dec 2022. June 11th update to Nov-Dec 2022. Today "preparing for digital purchasing process"...

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm with you on the 20s, BY FAR my top choice of wheels they offer and up until last week the only one's I'd consider. However, I was watching all of these guys post on here with miraculous events by changing to 21s so I did it last Thursday. By Tuesday I had a guide and was being asked to confirm my build. I'm as convinced as I can get that changing the wheels was the only reason things started moving like this.

Original delivery window Oct-Dec 2022. June 11th update to Nov-Dec 2022. Today "preparing for digital purchasing process"...
I was in all these same windows, changed my wheels to 21s last Thursday, and also got a guide on Tuesday. This is happening to too many for it to be a coincidence. They clearly have more 21s available for builds at this point than 20s. Or, perhaps as has been hypothesized elsewhere, they are saving the 20s they do have mostly for R1S LEs.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

I’ll give it a go and change to the 21s. I guess worst case I get a guide assigned and if I’m really not sold on them I can switch back and wait. If I had some confidence in my Q4 window I’d wait without question, what’s a few months at this point.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
I’ll give it a go and change to the 21s. I guess worst case I get a guide assigned and if I’m really not sold on them I can switch back and wait. If I had some confidence in my Q4 window I’d wait without question, what’s a few months at this point.
Please let us know if this works. I have been resisting doing that, but after reading all the success tories here, I will do that and then use what I saved (plus a bit extra) get some aftermarket ATs.
Good Luck!

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Please let us know if this works. I have been resisting doing that, but after reading all the success tories here, I will do that and then use what I saved (plus a bit extra) get some aftermarket ATs.
Good Luck!
Problem is that the 21's are custom to rivian. There are no aftermarket ATs. You'd need a whole new set of wheels.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
Problem is that the 21's are custom to rivian. There are no aftermarket ATs. You'd need a whole new set of wheels.
I would get 20s with ATs, not 21s since 20 is a more standard size. While there are no exact matches in wheels - actually there are a couple now (recently created) but stupidly expensive as in nearly $2K per wheel - there are some standard wheels that are close enough to work (30mm offset instead of 48mm). Not great, but not should work for my needs. I am really hoping though that in a year or so there will be exact matches in the affordable range - or even people selling their Rivian 20s. And miracle of miracles, maybe Rivian will actually offer them directly through their site.

So it's a trade off of getting wheels i don't really like but are very useful and moving up in line plus spending more on AT wheels later vs waiting probably 5 months or more and hoping nothing else disrupts production but getting the wheels I want but not having a second set.

Jblaze121

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1S 20" A/T
Clubs

Save $300 a month in gas x 12 months = $3600 for new wheels in a year….. seems doable. Plenty more options aftermarket in a year

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
I was originally in an earlier window than the few in here with guides, my adjusted window was also sooner. I switched to 21s last week, but still nothing. I wonder if my location is just backed up and they can't deliver any more than they currently are or something. Either way, this is a little frustrating.

Soupdc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon
Clubs

So I was pushed to this group from July-Sept. Thursday last week I switched to 21 inch aero wheels from 20 inch AT. Yesterday got guide and locked in configuration.

adventure package el cap granite, black mountain interior 21 inch wheels
And now R1T being picked up on 6/30

Sponsored

LanikaiBlue

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC-90 T8
Occupation
Healthcare
My guide is adamant that my 20" wheels are not delaying my order. It keeps getting harder to believe that.
It certainly doesn't help that every single truck in the "R1T shop" had 21" wheels (about 6 of them last week, now inventory is 0). I remain highly suspicious the 20" ATs are the root cause for the delayed deliveries.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
My guide is adamant that my 20" wheels are not delaying my order. It keeps getting harder to believe that.
My thought was if I don’t get a guide contact in a couple of weeks I’ll just switch back to 20s. I’m finding it hard to believe there’s not a delay, it’s just a matter of how long. But my window is in 90 days or so assuming it’s not going to be pushed to 2023, I can wait 90 days for what I prefer Instead of taking anything now.

VenturaLuke

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Flight Nurse
I am in this group, originally Oct-Dec 22. Right now I have the Dark 20's in my config but would also be perfectly happy with the standard 20's. Not going to switch to 21's even if it would get me a truck tomorrow.

Smlee

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, BMW X5, BMW 330 and Winnebago Aspect
Ok, I don’t have a date, but I’m sept 21 order. So, I thought I’ll sit this one out with you guys. Did get a first drive 2 weeks ago. Wife loves it and I miss it even more.
Sponsored