Sponsored

October - November 2022 (New 6/11 delivery estimate)

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Might as well start a new thread to celebrate/commiserate. I was banished from the July - September good time thread but I'm learning to love my new estimate.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I was booted out of the R1S June/July window to the October/December window, not yet sure if going from a 2 month window to a 3 month window instills any confidence though.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I should really update my signature with my config:

R1T -- Limestone or White or Forest Green or LA Silver or EL Cap or whatever I can get
20" wheels or maybe 21" or maybe just "wheels" if those are available
Powered tonneau but preferably manual tonneau but also no tonneau but those aren't options
Underbody protection but who am I kidding; I probably can't get 20" wheels so why go offroad?
Tow hooks (because I have read about the quality issues on this board)
Delivery locale: San Francisco but I'll also pick up in Reno or Denver or New York or Patagonia
Order date: July 2020
Guide contact? Hahahahahaha
Emails sent by me to CS with zero response over the last two years: 3
First Mile Test Drive: Sonoma 2021
Stock purchased at IPO: Yep
Confidence in Rivian as an ongoing concern: slowly declining day by day
Mood: eh, it's a big expensive toy, so things could be worse

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I should really update my signature with my config:

R1T -- Limestone or White or Forest Green or LA Silver or EL Cap or whatever I can get
20" wheels or maybe 21" or maybe just "wheels" if those are available
Powered tonneau but preferably manual tonneau but also no tonneau but those aren't options
Underbody protection but who am I kidding; I probably can't get 20" wheels so why go offroad?
Tow hooks (because I have read about the quality issues on this board)
Delivery locale: San Francisco but I'll also pick up in Reno or Denver or New York or Patagonia
Order date: July 2020
Guide contact? Hahahahahaha
Emails sent by me to CS with zero response over the last two years: 3
First Mile Test Drive: Sonoma 2021
Stock purchased at IPO: Yep
Confidence in Rivian as an ongoing concern: slowly declining day by day
Mood: eh, it's a big expensive toy, so things could be worse
At least you got a First Mile? 8/20 order and crickets.

As an inveterate optimist (masochist?), I'm going to follow this thread, despite now having a Nov - Dec 22 window.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
At least you got a First Mile? 8/20 order and crickets.

As an inveterate optimist (masochist?), I'm going to follow this thread, despite now having a Nov - Dec 22 window.
And my birthday is in October so Rivian is doing me a favor by pushing me out another 3 months.

Sponsored

jpal

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I wonder what changing configurations will do at this point? I got moved to Oct-Nov from the original Oct-Dec grouping. Is it just me, or are a lot of the 21 inch wheel configs getting the Sept-Oct grouping?

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
Joining this group. Sad. I am starting to wonder if being just across boarder into NV from Ca is hurting me. My service center would be Sacramento, CA. I am in Lake Tahoe area.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Booted from May-June to here. Sad day, makes no sense.

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I went from Oct-Dec 2022 to Oct -Nov 2022. I have 20in black wheels and limestone. If that is final lock I will be happy. If I get sooner I will be happier.

KnightNole07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Joining the pity party. Pushed from March-April. This has been so unreal. Now looking at close to 4 years when I will take almost anything. Probably going to change back to OC since that is what I originally wanted.

Sponsored

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
I was pushed from July-September to October/November. I originally had LA Silver with 20”AT but changed to GW with 22” brights. I’m wondering when we would get invited to the “store” because I may be willing to change wheels to get it sooner.

Bright side is hopefully they have more of the kinks worked out by the time we take delivery now.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
As I'm seeing all the new posts rolling in about people moving up and back in line, my new theory is that the service center capacity for servicing vehicles is starting to play a bigger role in order date.

I'm an SF / Bay Area order holder and I'd be willing to bet we have outsize representation among order holders. As I see people all over the country jumping ahead of me in line with similar builds and far more recent orders, I am left to wonder if Rivian is worried about overwhelming specific service centers with too many service issues.

They really don't know what their capacity is to service cars because the failure rates are all unknown. But based on what we're seeing on these boards, the service issues seem to be piling up.

What else can I do but speculate as I continue to drift further and further to the rear of the line...

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
As I'm seeing all the new posts rolling in about people moving up and back in line, my new theory is that the service center capacity for servicing vehicles is starting to play a bigger role in order date.

I'm an SF / Bay Area order holder and I'd be willing to bet we have outsize representation among order holders. As I see people all over the country jumping ahead of me in line with similar builds and far more recent orders, I am left to wonder if Rivian is worried about overwhelming specific service centers with too many service issues.

They really don't know what their capacity is to service cars because the failure rates are all unknown. But based on what we're seeing on these boards, the service issues seem to be piling up.

What else can I do but speculate as I continue to drift further and further to the rear of the line...
I have been thinking the same thing. Not so much distance for delivery, but distance for service is a bigger factor and capacity of that center. 100% agree with you. We missed out on Rivian lotto and will have to wait even longer now.

OP
OP
yizzung

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
I have been thinking the same thing. Not so much distance for delivery, but distance for service is a bigger factor and capacity of that center. 100% agree with you. We missed out on Rivian lotto and will have to wait even longer now.
My buddy just got delivery in Santa Barbara. He ordered a year later than I did. Similar build as mine and I just don't think it's somehow easier to deliver to SoCal than it is to NoCal...

Soupdc

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon
Clubs

So I was pushed to this group from July-Sept. Thursday last week I switched to 21 inch aero wheels from 20 inch AT. Yesterday got guide and locked in configuration.

adventure package el cap granite, black mountain interior 21 inch wheels
Sponsored