Sponsored

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
How do I reassign a key card to another driver? I am the primary and both key cards are assigned to me. I set my wife as a driver but cannot figure out how to reassign a key card. I think it should be in the app, but unable to find a way to do it.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Nope, and that's good enough for most purposes.
Thing is it would be so easy for them to put the SoC at the right side of the display and make everyone happy.

That is, after they change the ridiculous miles/kWh display to the much more meaningful wH/mi (which, at the very least, does not have to be truncated when going very slowly as is shown in the screen in the post).
Man...I was agreeing with you completely on this right until you mentioned a preference for Wh/mi. Yes, I can convert this to mi/kWh, but not as easily. Both EVs I've owned showed mi/kWh and between that, the usable capacity of the pack, and the SoC, I've always known what my upper and lower bound on range was. Actually, my favorite display was in my Chevy Spark EV. It would actually show you kWh consumed, a breakdown of where it went, the GoM range, and the upper and lower bound if you drove like a loon or conservatively. It also showed instantaneous consumption/regen in kW, which was kinda cool to have. Made it really obvious how much energy the HVAC was using when you stopped. My current MINI SE leaves a lot to be desired on EV efficiency data, but there's enough there to get by.

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! Spark_EV_GoM

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! Spark_EV_Usage

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
How do I reassign a key card to another driver? I am the primary and both key cards are assigned to me. I set my wife as a driver but cannot figure out how to reassign a key card. I think it should be in the app, but unable to find a way to do it.
Only service can do that at the moment.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Man, I feel bad because I started this by just asking if you could display state of charge (I couldn't find it in the menus and just wanted to see if I was missing it).
I hope not!

My preference for the % of battery is rooted in my Tesla experience, for which the estimated mileage remaining wasn't as accurate as you'd hope.
Those of us coming from Tesla are spoiled. Tesla has done an amazing job with respect to what they display, how and where they display it. Rivian has a long way to go before they approach Tesla in display sophistication. But these are the words of an engineer. I think Telsa had the engineering type in mind much more than Rivian did. I think Rivian is aimed more at the "consumer" hence miles/kWh (resembles miles per gallon with which the consumer is familiar) as its displayed measure of consumption.

Tesla estimates of range as a proxy for battery capacity can't be any better than Rivian's as Tesla can't know how you are going to drive on the next leg any more than Rivian can. Unless you tell it a route in which case in gathers up speed limit and terrain data which it uses to calculate amazingly accurate (a percent or 2) estimates of SoC at destination. Does Rivian have the ability to do this?

In the dozens of threads this has been discussed in (here, Tesla fora...) I have noticed 3 things.

1)People who appreciate the superiority of % SoC as a measure of battery status appreciate it and those who don't, don't.

2)You can't explain to those who don't appreciate it why you do.

3)If you try someone winds up getting pissed off.

Last edited:

swazi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Why do the ambient lighting in the trim not stay on? Is the setting to turn it on not persistent?

Sponsored

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why do the ambient lighting in the trim not stay on? Is the setting to turn it on not persistent?
They do. There are three brightness levels as well.

OP
OP
godfodder0901

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I haven't done any night driving but every time I go to settings it is turned off.
I have driven at night dozens of times and the lights have always been on... Until tonight... Somehow you jinxed me! I'm check and see if it persists now that I turned it back on...

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I have driven at night dozens of times and the lights have always been on... Until tonight... Somehow you jinxed me! I'm check and see if it persists now that I turned it back on...
I noticed the same thing yesterday morning, it seems a lot of my settings were reset to default after the update.

rydb

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE
Clubs

mine was turning off but despite still being on 2022.7.0, it seems to now be staying on or at least it’s random but has stayed on for a bit.

Sponsored

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
If any of you owners have time, can you snap a few photos of the area under the screen/vents? For example, wide straight on, wide slightly under, and then wide completely underneath.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

If any of you owners have time, can you snap a few photos of the area under the screen/vents? For example, wide straight on, wide slightly under, and then wide completely underneath.
Are these the droids you're looking for?

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! PXL_20220422_020324379

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! PXL_20220422_020533897

Rivian R1T R1S Ask us Rivian R1T owners ANYTHING [AMA]! PXL_20220422_020553297

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
Are there any car seat latches in the middle seat? Or a latch on the back? Or any way to have 3 car seats?

I saw a picture of someone with 3 car seats but wasn't sure how the middle one was installed.

John G.

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Retired
If you take your R1T through a carwash, will the brushes at the carwash cause the charge door to open, or the power-tonneau; or cause any other strange problems to watch out for?
Sponsored