First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T White with 22s
Occupation
Construction
Anybody have any thoughts on how the truck would work at a drive in? Can you leave the doors open for a long period of time? What about the camp speaker? I know there are fm frequency apps for ru phones that could then Bluetooth to the camp speaker but I don’t think those apps work the way you would need them too for a drive in. I think the phone would have to actually pick up the close frequencies specifically for the drive in. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Anybody have any thoughts on how the truck would work at a drive in? Can you leave the doors open for a long period of time? What about the camp speaker? I know there are fm frequency apps for ru phones that could then Bluetooth to the camp speaker but I don’t think those apps work the way you would need them too for a drive in. I think the phone would have to actually pick up the close frequencies specifically for the drive in. Any thoughts?
Windows down, truck radio tuned to the necessary FM frequency?

ERguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I've never been able to use those apps to transmit the audio from a drive in movie.

It's there a way to transmit the truck audio to the Bluetooth speaker? That would be super helpful if so.

No.92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Won't you be sitting in the truck to watch? Or are you talking about sitting in the bed?

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
More importantly, can all of the external lighting and screens be turned off while keeping the radio on for the movie audio.?

Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
More importantly, can all of the external lighting and screens be turned off while keeping the radio on for the movie audio.?
Now we need a ”Drive-In” mode!

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
This is where a roll down/side window on the rear windshield is nice. Also for dogs.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
This is where a roll down/side window on the rear windshield is nice. Also for dogs.
Toyota basically has that on lock. Dunno why no one else does it.

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
Toyota basically has that on lock. Dunno why no one else does it.
I guess rivian can be forgiven for not being able to slide down but at least give me the ram style opening.

Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Taking the kids to a drive-in this weekend. Would be nice if the camp speaker could connect to the truck audio. Might have to just rent a radio from the drive-in. I searched through the house for an FM Radio and can't find one.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Wouldn't a bluetooth connected speaker have enough of a lag that watching a movie with it be annoying?

Jif1025

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Occupation
Attorney
You need an FM tuner that can connect to external speakers. I’ve yet to find one- was looking for a drive in a couple weeks ago. Ended up buying a small portable fm radio. If you find one- lemme know!

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
You need an FM tuner that can connect to external speakers. I’ve yet to find one- was looking for a drive in a couple weeks ago. Ended up buying a small portable fm radio. If you find one- lemme know!
That's what I ended up doing as a backup. It mounts to a Ryobi battery, which I have plenty of. I will try the phone thing first, but if not I am covered.

chrismc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
I remember reading an issue awhile back that the R1 did not work well for drive-ins because the infotainment system is all software-based and introduces significant audio delay to the processing of the FM tuner stream. The net result was movie audio significantly out-of-sync with the screen to the point it was jarring. You might be better off with just a portable FM radio.
Sponsored