SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

My list skews towards the features I miss most from legacy automakers or tesla vs off-roading but I'm sure that will increase as I get into that, in no order:

1. Valet/Guest mode or other drivers setup without adding a key
2. Swap the camera icon for gear guard so its one click when pulling in to park. (or make them all customizable) This might be my #1 for practicality and ease of implementation.
3. Android Auto/Working FM/Streaming or casting.
4. Quiet cabin fan
5. Cruise control defaults to normal when issues with Adaptive features
6. Glove box (would rather have the speaker in the frunk and a storage drawer between the seats)
7. Turn off auto locking/ gear watch at multiple locations (home, work, home 2) etc
8. Change zoom of navigation without disconnecting the tracking
9. Update charge limits from the app [Edit: Just updated my app for this!]

The list goes on but 9 was a start. I do love the R1T though!!
10. Load/play music from a USB. I hear this is maybe in the works. Should be easier than fixing the FM reception I'd imagine
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
1. Heated headlights.
2. Better battery pack thermals.
3. Maintain regen longer.
4. 800v charging.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

For warnings, include the pictogram AND the word(s) describing the issue based upon the language chosen by the driver in the system. Also provide a shortcut to the relevant section of the manual in the central display for reference. This could also be provided by Alexa, “Alexa, what does that warning mean?”

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

I’ve marked with (premium) things I would pay a fee for.

CarPlay/AA (premium)
Ability to send destinations to Nav from app
Dash cam (premium)
view cameras from app (premium)
Fix all the Bluetooth bugs
Apple Music integration
Valet mode + PIN to drive/open compartments
Split screen mode
More dash display options (off-road info …)
Prompt to charge the night before if below x%
Improved rain detection for wipers
Accurate charging history
Unlock gate on button press if I’m near
Raise/lower truck from tailgate for loading

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
How about a teen driver mode for teen driver profiles? Reduces torque, prohibits sport mode, etc.

I’m not there quite yet as my oldest is only almost 15, but I worry about him with all that power at his fingertips.

I would be more worried about giving a 16 year old a $100,000 truck to drive. Give them something to drive that you don't care if they bump it into things

Sponsored

SEPA R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Clubs

I would be more worried about giving a 16 year old a $100,000 truck to drive. Give them something to drive that you don't care if they bump it into things
To be clear, this will not be his truck......it's still mine. But he needs to learn to drive it, and I'm sure there will be occasions when he will need/want to drive it on his own. I'm not worried about the bumps and scratches so much as his lack of ability to control 7,000 lbs with 800+hp and 900+ torque.

Other limits for teen drivers could be access to certain parts of the info screen. Just thinking that there would be no need a teen to access "settings", gear guard, camera, etc. with the vehicle in motion. No problem while in park, but the fewer distractions the better while driving.

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
To be clear, this will not be his truck......it's still mine. But he needs to learn to drive it, and I'm sure there will be occasions when he will need/want to drive it on his own. I'm not worried about the bumps and scratches so much as his lack of ability to control 7,000 lbs with 800+hp and 900+ torque.

Other limits for teen drivers could be access to certain parts of the info screen. Just thinking that there would be no need a teen to access "settings", gear guard, camera, etc. with the vehicle in motion. No problem while in park, but the fewer distractions the better while driving.

I agree with a "teen mode" especially with full auto drive then you can program it to bring them home on time... ;)

BourboNole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forest Green/Forest Edge R1T on 21s
I agree with many of these. Searching around for the camera icon when you really needed is really distracting.
It's very annoying that the gear guard icon continues to show up even after the merciful update that stops it from being the startup page. Short of my truck being obviously damaged, I don't have the time or desire to watch a bunch of videos of random people walking by every time I get in.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

It's very annoying that the gear guard icon continues to show up even after the merciful update that stops it from being the startup page. Short of my truck being obviously damaged, I don't have the time or desire to watch a bunch of videos of random people walking by every time I get in.
Especially when they are still 80% bushes at my favorite free charger

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
8. Change zoom of navigation without disconnecting the tracking
You can already do this one, it’s just not super intuitive. Tap on the map (but be careful not to drag at all). + and - buttons will appear on the right side of the screen. You can use these to zoom in or out, and it won’t disconnect the tracking.

Sponsored

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

You can already do this one, it’s just not super intuitive. Tap on the map (but be careful not to drag at all). + and - buttons will appear on the right side of the screen. You can use these to zoom in or out, and it won’t disconnect the tracking.
Amazing thank you! Was hoping some on my list would be things I missed reading the forums. Now I just have to master that technique without driving over/off anything. Cheers!

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

For me its usually just my ugly self walking past with the dog.
Hopefully the dog is cute and evens it out then ;)
My favorite was a beat and dejected version of myself slowly loading up golf clubs.

12. Auto erase guard videos taken within X seconds of an unlock

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Too bad it's far to the right. Pinch to zoom should stay centered and not also operate as a panning gesture (unless already uncentered).