Wyoming Chargers

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Since WY is currently a charging desert for non-Tesla charging, I thought I’d create a thread so folks can post updates as they learn about charger plans for the state.

I drove to Evanston today to check out a reported Electrify America station under construction at the Smiths there. Sure enough, there it was!

Rivian R1T R1S Wyoming Chargers 1648683972477

Construction guys said they will be done within the next two weeks, but did not know when it would actually open.

It looks like EA also has plans for Rawlins and Cheyenne on I-80, as well as Casper and Gillette. Anyone know if any of those are under construction?

Evanston to Rawlins is 210 miles. That’s going to be a stretch for large pack trucks in WY wind and weather. They really need another one in Rock Springs or Green River. It looks like Rivian has plans for a RAN station there, but who knows when that will come online. s00n?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like the Rawlins charger is going to be at the Kroger-City Market on Higley Blvd and Cheyenne will be at the Target on Dell Range Blvd. Casper is also at Target and Gillette is at Smiths.

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Rock Springs would be a good location and helpful for people going north/south. We have gone through there a few times on the way to Yellowstone/Edmonton.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
CS chat just moments ago, no information on progress of the RAN available. But, will be free for a year for owners...and they are looking into a way to reward early adopters, as the RAN is pretty worthless if it doesn't exist. A lot more valuable for those that take delivery in 2024 or 2025 when it is built out (optimistic). CS said they were working on some way to make it more equitable (my translation).

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
CS chat just moments ago, no information on progress of the RAN available. But, will be free for a year for owners...and they are looking into a way to reward early adopters, as the RAN is pretty worthless if it doesn't exist. A lot more valuable for those that take delivery in 2024 or 2025 when it is built out (optimistic). CS said they were working on some way to make it more equitable (my translation).
as I see it, they're already giving us early adopters a $15-$20k discount on the vehicle.

Sponsored

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I was looking at that earlier as I’d really like to make it from Denver to Montana without having to go through Utah. 210 miles is tough going west in the windy winter.

I do like how wall drug seems to have a station in the middle of nothing. Gotta give credit to their marketing people…

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Since WY is currently a charging desert for non-Tesla charging, I thought I’d create a thread so folks can post updates as they learn about charger plans for the state.

I drove to Evanston today to check out a reported Electrify America station under construction at the Smiths there. Sure enough, there it was!

1648683972477.jpeg

Construction guys said they will be done within the next two weeks, but did not know when it would actually open.

It looks like EA also has plans for Rawlins and Cheyenne on I-80, as well as Casper and Gillette. Anyone know if any of those are under construction?

Evanston to Rawlins is 210 miles. That’s going to be a stretch for large pack trucks in WY wind and weather. They really need another one in Rock Springs or Green River. It looks like Rivian has plans for a RAN station there, but who knows when that will come online. s00n?
I was looking at that earlier as I’d really like to make it from Denver to Montana without having to go through Utah. 210 miles is tough going west in the windy winter.

I do like how wall drug seems to have a station in the middle of nothing. Gotta give credit to their marketing people…
As a Jackson resident count me in — great idea, to have a Wyoming charging thread cataloging updates! Needed now.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
Gshenderson

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FYI the Evanston, WY EA charger is now open! Opened May 20 and I’ll get my truck on May 24. That will allow me to easily make the trip to my cabin for Memorial Day weekend. Love it when a plan comes together. Life is good!

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

FYI the Evanston, WY EA charger is now open! Opened May 20 and I’ll get my truck on May 24. That will allow me to easily make the trip to my cabin for Memorial Day weekend. Love it when a plan comes together. Life is good!
Time for a trip
Sponsored