Sponsored

would you buy R1T again as of 3/25/2024?

Jdcorbitt3

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad motor CR 2021 Tesla Model Y Perf
Occupation
Pilot
Clubs

I would do it over again. If the refresh has a quad motor that is 1000 hp, I will be doing it over again. I am not a truck person, but have always towed with anything from a Miata to a Model Y. I needed real towing ability. This truck was the answer. I tow between 7000lb and 10,500 lb on a regular basis. I no longer do long road trips towing, however access to the Superchargers changes even that.
I like the physics of a quad motor since there is not even a differential in the truck.
Rivian R1T R1S would you buy R1T again as of 3/25/2024? IMG_7601

Rivian R1T R1S would you buy R1T again as of 3/25/2024? IMG_6243

Rivian R1T R1S would you buy R1T again as of 3/25/2024? IMG_0418
Sponsored

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
I placed deposit in 5/23 and now I'm able to take delivery now. I have 5 months left on gladiator lease so I have time to wait.
-For R1T owners, would you buiy again? Any buyers remorse? I need a capable off road truck that can carry my fly fishing and ski gear, and kayaks when needed. (gear tunnel can hold skis and fishing gear). I need at least 10" ground clearance and 350 miles range. I'll rarely have to go much more than 150 miles at a time, but don't want to ever have range anxiety so I want at least 350 mile range to accomodate for battery losses in cold or hot weather. Rivian seems to be the only choice for me.
-Any concerns about the tanking stock price? If the company goes belly up, who will service the cars?
-I live 2 hours from the nearest service center for at least another year; is that a major concern?
-I heard there will be an overabundance of high end EVs this summer; any thoughts the R1T prices will drop further?
-I'd be looking at the dual motor or performance dual motor with large battery.
-looks like road tires give better mileage; are those tires ok for going off road in snow or mud?
Many thanks,
A
Yes
No
No
Who knows what the future holds in this post-COVID world?!
Nice choice
I went with max mileage and they are adequate in snow/sand/mud.

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
Yes I would buy again and based on your needs it's a solid choice.

Buying 2 hours from a SC may or may not be an issue for you. Personally I wouldn't do it as even little things need a SC, I've had a few items and the SC is 5 minutes from work, so no issue. 2 hours away would be a deal killer for me. There are many threads about SC expansion on this site for people who did the same thing.
I'm three hours from the ATL SC and it has only been an issue once in nearly two years now. the mobile tech visits my area nearly every Thursday and has fixed/repaired nearly every squawk thus far.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'm looking at trading my R1S for a T so yes.

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Escalade ESV, '55 Fairlane
Occupation
Regional Mgr
Clubs

I placed deposit in 5/23 and now I'm able to take delivery now. I have 5 months left on gladiator lease so I have time to wait.
-For R1T owners, would you buy again? Any buyers remorse? I need a capable off road truck that can carry my fly fishing and ski gear, and kayaks when needed. (gear tunnel can hold skis and fishing gear). I need at least 10" ground clearance and 350 miles range. I'll rarely have to go much more than 150 miles at a time, but don't want to ever have range anxiety so I want at least 350 mile range to accommodate for battery losses in cold or hot weather. Rivian seems to be the only choice for me.
-Any concerns about the tanking stock price? If the company goes belly up, who will service the cars?
-I live 2 hours from the nearest service center for at least another year; is that a major concern?
-I heard there will be an overabundance of high end EVs this summer; any thoughts the R1T prices will drop further?
-looks like road tires give better mileage; are those tires ok for going off road in snow or mud?
Many thanks,
A
Absolutely would buy again. We have almost 40k on ours and absolutely love it. We have had very few trips to the SC. Most have been accomplished in the parking lot at work. That said, they have been mostly recalls, nothing serious. My power cover even works like a champ. Also, you're in CT and the Shelton SC is coming soon (Less than an hour from me). I was told by the end of the year. 🤞

We've got an R2 deposit as well. Will be a Rivian family moving forward.
And then sometime in the distant future, perhaps I can get my hands on a skateboard to throw under '55? That sounds cool.

Here's another 🤞to keep the jinx away. I'll be back if anything bad happens and it will be your fault! 🤣

Sponsored

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
Yes
No issues yet on 23” model

just give me tank turn please

I did purchase a own Tesla adapter

Rivian R1T R1S would you buy R1T again as of 3/25/2024? 696A82BE-13A7-4CFF-AC35-71BCAB870668

Deacon

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Absolutely yes! Far and away best and most fun vehicle I have ever owned. I have 21" road tires and have had no issues with them - just hit 40,000 miles and will replace them next month. But I don't go off road any and we have no snow here. The quad motor is overkill for me, but what the heck! My wife put down a deposit on an R2 and I plan to keep the R1T for a long time.

BigSkies

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model Y
Clubs

Zero regerts on the R1T.

My biggest challenge is that it's spoiled me for what a vehicle can be. I've never been much of a car person, but I can't think of any car I'd rather own at any price point. I'll damn sure never go back to a gas car, but I don't know what else I'd buy.

The biggest challenge or question in my mind is justifying buying a vehicle at this price point. I've previously been a believer in buying and maintaining cheap cars. But do what makes sense for your finances.

I don't worry too much about the finances. I work in finance, albeit not in the auto industry. They have the capital runways to get them into 2026 (the R2 launch). Come 2026, they either need to raise capital or sell the company. The state of the capital markets in 2026 will determine which is more feasible. There's enough value in the company that the chances of them just going away are pretty small. Not 0%, but small.

bummin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23R1S, 22WRX
Occupation
Whatever the wife says to do
We personally prefer the T of the S, so much so we are selling our S and have another T on order. I have debated getting another Ram 1500, but as nice as they are even with Rambox option, I just can't give up the secured storage an R1T has, That and some tool in a Ram was being stupid Sat night, so I destroyed his Hemi with a push of the GO pedal. Noise does not equal speed :rock:

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

-For R1T owners, would you buiy again? Any buyers remorse? I need a capable off road truck that can carry my fly fishing and ski gear, and kayaks when needed. (gear tunnel can hold skis and fishing gear). I need at least 10" ground clearance and 350 miles range. I'll rarely have to go much more than 150 miles at a time, but don't want to ever have range anxiety so I want at least 350 mile range to accomodate for battery losses in cold or hot weather. Rivian seems to be the only choice for me.
Many thanks,
A
Absolutely. Like a lot of people are saying, I would get the Dual motor because the QUAD is overkill for our needs. We don't do offroading....so that would be ideal. But at the time, the Dual wasn't available.

I will admit, I love launching in ALL-PURPOSE.

gvtucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Absolutely would buy again, without question. I have used it for all the reasons you cite, going fly fishing, skiing, and kayaking.

In response to your issues:

--I had range anxiety prior to my purchase. I have been really surprised at how little I worry now. From North Carolina, I drive constantly to Atlanta and back. I go all the way north up the east coast. Next week I'm driving to Texas. A year ago I probably would have been worried about making that kind of a trip, but now I'm not all that concerned.

--The stock price is irrelevant to me at this point. (It will be relevant if I decide to buy the stock, which is a decent possibility now.) There is enough of an established user base now that in the event that Rivian goes belly up, there will be a purchaser of the company out of bankruptcy.

--I live 2½ hours away from a service center. That is a modest issue, of course, but thus far (25,000 miles in) I haven't required significant service. My local Discount Tire has done a fine job of doing three tire rotations for me.

--The stock Pirelli All Terrain tires have done well in snow and mud. I am contemplating switching to All Seasons tires for the next set if I can be reasonably confident that they will be at least as good (and probably better) with battery efficiency.

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

. I personally would not get a rivian unless it had a full size spare and bed cover along with any other options you need/want. Good luck
Are you talking about the "S" or the "T". The "S" doesn't have a spare tire spot, but the "T" does have a spot for it...lift the compartment in the truck bed. The truck bed is covered in a plastic top....it is standard. We had to purchase it after we took ownership. It came with a full-size tire and rim, jack, and pucks. It wasn't available at the time of configuring.

shicks

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Landscaping
Clubs

I use my R1T for my landscaping company in Utah. I tow with it all summer long and charge most of my equipment in the truck. I drive 3,000 miles/month and spend around $100/month on electricity. With its performance, optimal handling (traded in a Lexus for it), and economy, I think it's under priced. With inflation, I worry about the cost structure being too low, but they're sticking to it...

Get the quad - it's not worth the savings to lose 200 hp. The 831 hp is great. And get the 20" wheels. I used the 21" for a couple winters and it wasn't fun. I was just indecisive about what tires to buy. I went through the 21" Pirellis every 15k. They aren't great for offroad. I currently have 20" Michellin defender ltx - they're good enough for fishing in the Uintahs, handle close to blizzaks in the snow, have the same efficiency as the perillis but cost less at $150/each.

I've gone on a couple road trips to Seattle and Los Angeles- the range depends on how you drive it. If you really need to go far, I'd question it. I like to drive 80-90 mph, and it really impacts the range. When I'm going slower, it's fine.

All in, I wouldn't question it.

Enjoy your new truck

Last edited:

Simplejack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Are you talking about the "S" or the "T". The "S" doesn't have a spare tire spot, but the "T" does have a spot for it...lift the compartment in the truck bed. The truck bed is covered in a plastic top....it is standard. We had to purchase it after we took ownership. It came with a full-size tire and rim, jack, and pucks. It wasn't available at the time of configuring.
The R1T, when I got mine they had no option to get a spare, people were buying up old dodge ram 20inch rims and putting a tire on them to use for spare as it’s basically same bolt pattern
Sponsored