Who is excited about Meyers Manx?

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Me for one. Wish I had more details but the EV looks like it could be a lot of fun, just want cost and performance details.

I put a deposit down when the y first opened reservations, anyone else do the same?
https://meyersmanx.com/
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This is cool if I still lived in Cali I would be pre ordering. do you see what its supposed to cost anywhere?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Itā€™s so cooool. Iā€™d buy one if I lived in CA. Donā€™t even want to think about the price though

Reactions: Jac

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I am! If I didn't live in Colorado and if I could justify having a second vehicle I would probably consider it. I've always loved that design.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

More cannon fodder.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

No way that thing costs more than the Rivian. I was thinking its probably using one of the popular beetle ev conversion kits plus the fiberglass kit suspension and limited interior. My guess $35,000

OP
OP
Dirty_B

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
In this thread from a few months ago someone who has a preorder said it's about the same price as a Tesla Model 3 Performance. So I take that to mean in the $65k range. Not as bad as I thought but also not getting much other than cool factor for that price.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/myers-manx-ev-dune-buggy-preorders-to-begin.7506/
Oh hell if it costs that much I want my deposit back right now....I was thinking more like $40k. However the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that my guess was way under and it's more than likely up there in the $60s.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Oh hell if it costs that much I want my deposit back right now....I was thinking more like $40k. However the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that my guess was way under and it's more than likely up there in the $60s.
Well the person in that thread was being deliberately vague for some reason. All I did was google "tesla model 3 performance price" and it says $62,900. Who knows what it actually is. They could have been lying as well. I have no idea.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Very few will be manufactured. Economies of scale will never be reached with the low production numbers. I don't see how this will be priced under $100k.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Well the person in that thread was being deliberately vague for some reason. All I did was google "tesla model 3 performance price" and it says $62,900. Who knows what it actually is. They could have been lying as well. I have no idea.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I wasn't lying, just trying to give the general price range I was told. I have a preorder for Manx.

If you say an exact price someone will take it as gospel and then if Manx launches at a higher price people will say they increased their prices. Until they list the price on the website, it's not official.

But I thought it would be helpful for people wondering if they should preorder or not. If it was the price of a Rivian I would not be on the preorder list.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I wasn't lying, just trying to give the general price range I was told. I have a preorder for Manx.

If you say an exact price someone will take it as gospel and then if Manx launches at a higher price people will say they increased their prices. Until they list the price on the website, it's not official.

But I thought it would be helpful for people wondering if they should preorder or not. If it was the price of a Rivian I would not be on the preorder list.
I personally didnā€™t think you were lying (why would you?). I was just providing a disclaimer since I really only had Google and the range you gave as info I was passing along second hand. As you said, people sometimes take things too literally.
Sponsored