First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I have two cars, a Porsche 911 for weekend fun and a Wrangler Rubicon for daily driving and occasional off-road adventuring.

I REALLY want an EV.

Problem is, said EV needs to replace one of the existing cars. There are no electric sports cars so finding a suitable replacement for my jeep is the goal. The R1T fits the bill. (And yes, I briefly considered a Cybertruck, but I’ve got more class than that.:)

That said, I did convince my wife to let me swap out her SUV for a new model S. So, at least I’ll get my EV fix driving her car while I wait for my Rivian.
I would venture to say most electric cars are sports cars, they just let you bring more friends.
Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
We can disagree on that. I’d say most EVs are fast, but that doesn’t make them sports cars.
I went from a Ford Focus to a Volt.....to my kids it's a sports car! Lol

ravian

First Name
Debarshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Sienna
I think you’ll see far more R1S’s used primarily as mall crawlers and kid haulers than on dirt roads, two tracks and open range mud/rock crawling. I’d compare it to the Range Rover audience. Upper income folks who want to look adventurous.
Is wanting to look adventurous a thing?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I went from a Ford Focus to a Volt.....to my kids it's a sports car! Lol
That's funny! Coming from a Ford Focus, my old Chevy van would feel like a sports car.

Sponsored

cwoodcox

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Ford Expedition
Occupation
Software Engineer
I lot of off-road people like to judge people that own big SUVs that never go off-road and presume to know why they buy the cars they buy ?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I lot of off-road people like to judge people that own big SUVs that never go off-road and presume to know why they buy the cars they buy ?
I'm settling for a Rivian because nobody makes an 800 HP minivan. :CWL:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Yep. Rivian is clearly marketing to an image. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Lobstahz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Tesla Model 3, Audi A4
We're hopefully getting a R1S as we're a growing family that will need to fit 3 car seats and gear but not wanting to drive an ICE leaves few options. I had hopes that that refresh of the Model X would make it viable for us, but Tesla is decidedly going in the opposite direction of my preferences. I'd normally be leaning Audi/VW but they're not there yet on their big 3-row BEVs.

The Rivian really is the "be all/do all" vehicle though. Haul people/gear, tow (more than enough for my needs anyways), long range, looks gooooood :cool:, can handle whatever snowy roads I could encounter with ease and is also comically and amazingly fast on pavement. Seriously, what more could one really want out of a vehicle. It checks all of my boxes and then some. Only somewhat hesitation is a new manufacturer, but they've been taking a cautious and restrained approach which gives me confidence.
Sponsored