Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
So far I'm the only weirdo who is a non-order response... I'm just lurking here and Tesla Motors Club while I keep running my 11 year old Q5. I'm hoping it will be my last ICE vehicle, and obviously I hang onto cars for a long time, so I want my next car to be the best fit possible. Price and not knowing range and some other details are the main deterrents from placing an order right now. Model Y is the most likely if I end up needing something sooner than later.

Random guess, but I'll bet it's somewhere around 5k total LE combined models. 5k would be an average of just ~250/week from July-November (assuming essentially no significant deliveries in June and finished LE deliveries by Thanksgiving-ish). Aren't they planning to ramp up faster than 250/week in the first couple quarters?
That would be nice, but it doesn’t sound like they’re ready to deliver or service 250/wk.
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
That would be nice, but it doesn’t sound like they’re ready to deliver or service 250/wk.
They’re certainly not going to go from 0 to 250/week, but I’m guessing they’ll be over 250/wk by the end of the year.

I should have probably done the average across 6 months and ~24 weeks though. I had misread the email to customers as saying all LE would be delivered byThanksgiving, but it said all LE holders would be contacted by then.

So I should have said an avg of a little over 200/wk. That’s not a very aggressive ramp up to get to an average like that in the first 6 months. They’re going to have to average about 200/week of the Amazon van in 2022 in order to deliver the 10k its supposed to deliver by the end of the year. I’m sure their production targets for the R1 series is higher than 10k for all of next year.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I actually think they will ramp volume on the R1T/R1S pretty rapidly. The Amazon vans use the same skateboard and similar interior electronics so it's been a good platform for the assembly staff to learn the complicated tasks on and then just translate those skills into the consumer vehicles once production starts. From that perspective, they're not starting at 0/week.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I very much hope that Rivian pops the cork this week by over-communicating about R1T production status. At this point I'd accept bad news like a delay better than reaching the Memorial Day weekend still enduring the cone-of-silence treatment.

I have a R1T L.E. reservation. Very tempted at this point to change it to a "Max Pack" battery primarily to relieve all the uncertainty and insert a period of time to ensure Rivian actually has its shit together. This weekend could be a turning point for me.

wdlikatruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ipace, cx-9
Occupation
attorney
Very tempted at this point to change it to a "Max Pack" battery primarily to relieve all the uncertainty and insert a period of time to ensure Rivian actually has its shit together. This weekend could be a turning point for me.
Couldn't agree more.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I have a R1T L.E. reservation. Very tempted at this point to change it to a "Max Pack" battery primarily to relieve all the uncertainty and insert a period of time to ensure Rivian actually has its shit together. This weekend could be a turning point for me.
Not sure what the point is in doing that. You can switch to the Max Pack from the LE at any time, but no going back once you do.

Take a step back and chill. Wait for a test drive. Touch feel and see an actual production version. Then make the choice. Nothing at this point requires immediate action from customers. There is no urgency. Waiting is.

Rivian R1T R1S Who has a LE 1621871961208