Sponsored

Who else is pissed that order # doesn't matter?

Melkirin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I haven't seen any threads on this... but I am pissed seeing people getting contacted that ordered months or YEARS after me! I get some optimizations of orders... but skipping a year+ of pre-order holders is bush league.

/rant
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They haven't delivered any trucks yet. I'm still holding out judgement.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Would you rather take delivery and when it breaks down you can't drive it for weeks or months because there is no service available anywhere near where you live?

Order # DOES matter. It just matters less than infrastructure.

The real question/issue for me is why infrastructure is trailing so far behind delivery targets.

Last edited:

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I haven't seen any threads on this... but I am pissed seeing people getting contacted that ordered months or YEARS after me! I get some optimizations of orders... but skipping a year+ of pre-order holders is bush league.

/rant
I have to agree. If nothing else at all, contact "all" the early pre-order holders (2018/2019) and let them know why 2020 pre-order holders are being contacted in advance of them. I know it's because of Location, Configuration, and payment date, but I don't think everyone comprehends this in the same way. However, a year is too excessive IMO. They should figure out a better way. This won't cut it.......but we can either take it, be patient and hope, or get our deposit back. That's always the standard reply, but there's also truth to that message ......so we sit here and ponder......what next?

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
I have to agree. If nothing else at all, contact "all" the early pre-order holders (2018/2019) and let them know why 2020 pre-order holders are being contacted in advance of them. I know it's because of Location, Configuration, and payment date, but I don't think everyone comprehends this in the same way. However, a year is too excessive IMO. They should figure out a better way. This won't cut it.......but we can either take it, be patient and hope, or get our deposit back. That's always the standard reply, but there's also truth to that message ......so we sit here and ponder......what next?
Why are we talking about 2020 PREORDER People being contacted by a Guide. I only read about one person who ordered in 2020 being contacted. I thought it was later stated that no one could confirm that this person or supposed Guide discussion even existed. Even if this Guide discussion happened I’m not sure it would ruin my day.

Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Would you rather take delivery and when it breaks down you can't drive it for weeks or months because there is no service available anywhere near where you live?

I haven't researched this, or never felt a need too, until now.

Is this standard procedure for startups to sell vehicles, in all locations of the USA, prior to being able to service them? I feel this should have been done first, or their mobile service should be able to contract with a local facility nearby, until they can get a service center built.

Did Tesla set this standard?

I wish Rivian would have told up front which locations they were planning on servicing and selling to first. Surely they had a game plan. If they had done that, I would already be driving a new vehicle now. Instead, I've waited 2yrs. and 4 months, with a potential of waiting another year (hopefully way sooner than June 2022). I've got too much time invested now. I don't enjoy seeing someone that pre-ordered a year later than me contacted first either, but I do congratulate that person.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Why are we talking about 2020 PREORDER People being contacted by a Guide. I only read about one person who ordered in 2020 being contacted. I thought it was later stated that no one could confirm that this person or supposed Guide discussion even existed. Even if this Guide discussion happened I’m not sure it would ruin my day.
I suspect this thread was started thinking there was a person contacted with a preorder date in 2020. I based my answer upon that assumption. I think it's a fair question to ask. As far as I know, it hasn't been denied by Rivian. Not that I think they would either confirm, or deny though. I wonder if that question has been asked of a Guide? It would be interesting to know and maybe put this to rest.

I can only hope you're correct in that no one has been contacted with a preorder date of 2020. I'm very okay with that, but not if anyone has. I'm also happy for you that it wouldn't ruin your day, as neither will it mine. Maybe for a minute or two, but I'll get over it.

There are many reasons why some people are less patient than others.....especially the ones that have had their orders in for over two years. Some of these folks have aging vehicles and were expecting sooner deliveries (which was me). Another group, which I happen to fall into, is the older age group. Another year is a very long wait. I hope I'm still around to take delivery. ?

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I haven't researched this, or never felt a need too, until now.
Nor have I. From a logistics perspective, it makes sense. You want to be able to service what you sell.

But, the service infrastructure could/should have been in place prior to deliveries starting. They even had an extra 6 (now 7) months to get prepared. Additionally, since the majority of service is supposed to be done via mobile, on-site activity...is it really that hard to get a couple mechanics, a couple vans, and a storage container of spare parts in the major cities? I don't know the answer to that, but it doesn't seem like something that should have taken multiple years to get standing.

As always, a little bit of communication by Rivian would alleviate so many problems.

Last edited:

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I am not happy about it being a 2018 reservation holder that still hasn't been contacted. But we don't know if them being contacted is the same as them getting their trucks before us. I could care less if I lived next to a repair station. My guess is most updates will be over the air anyway and there is a showroom in Chicago and a factory that builds them close by. I move a lot anyway and when I put this pre order in I was living in California. Whos to say these will stay in that area people move people that ordered in 2020 are just going to put them up for sale and flip them to someone living somewhere else.

I have been very patient knowing that at least I was standing at the front of the line now I feel like I've been standing here and they opened the back door to let people in.

There that's my vent

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Personally I have pretty much given up on seeing a Rivian in my driveway, I have been holding out for the Max Pack and removable roof. I have a Hummer reservation and just purchased a Mach E. Unless GM really screws up on schedule and range estimates, the Hummer will be my next truck. Service center already exists, 8 miles from my house, location will make zero difference in delivery priority.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

I personally think Rivian should reach out to reservation holders in order of deposit regardless of location. A simple “hey x, we appreciate your deposit, but based on your locale and logistics, it may be closer to x when we’re able to deliver your vehicle(s).” They could even feed me a line of “we’re working hard to move that date closer, but we just wanted to reach out and let you know.” I live in TN and have a 11/2018 reservation (2 actually), and based on the length the job postings have been active for central and western TN on the Rivian website, I’m not expecting anything soon, unfortunately.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5

The real question/issue for me is why infrastructure is trailing so far behind delivery targets.
Well, many of us will never be close to a service center so that doesn’t matter.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I wonder if Rivian had it to do over if they would of limited sales to CARB states and concentrated their resources better. This whole deal with service centers suddenly be so important to delivery timing seems like an afterthought to me. Why did they even take orders from places where they were not planning on locating facilities at launch? We'll never know.

szimmer624

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee Summit - Hemi, Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
Occupation
Self-Employed
I pre-ordered a LE right as the configurator opened. I’m in Cleveland. At this point, I hope to have the vehicle this time next year (spring 22). Hopeful.

I’ve also noticed the bulletin boards have largely switched from excitement to whining about everything and dissecting every last shred of content. What was cute trickle marketing is now contentless pandering. It’s getting old fast.
Sponsored