Sponsored

Where in the world are my All-Weather Floor Mats!?

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I find it a little odd that Rivian wouldn't just partner up with Weather Tech (who is also IL based) and made in America on being their main floormat supplier (maybe not chilewhich) but everything else seems like a no brainer.
Great idea! They make great mats.
Sponsored

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Just got an email from Rivian saying floor mats will start shipping in October. Rivian logo is now black instead of yellow.
Rivian R1T R1S Where in the world are my All-Weather Floor Mats!? 84621A52-F66F-4EC3-AE9F-D07704CC8149
Rivian R1T R1S Where in the world are my All-Weather Floor Mats!? 827A131B-7EEA-4DC4-8417-8A9C525F45E3

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Got the same.

I'm more disappointed in the loss of the yellow accent than I am with the delay.
Same. I want what I paid for. Rivian’s flippant approach to this really pisses me off. “Oh, by the way, we changed the design, hope you’re cool with it.” No, Tony. I’m not.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Same. I want what I paid for. Rivian’s flippant approach to this really pisses me off. “Oh, by the way, we changed the design, hope you’re cool with it.” No, Tony. I’m not.

I don't know if flippant is the right read - they described exactly what would be different, and are reassuring us that the materials and durability are the same. What else could they have done differently? Shipping the mats with a slightly modified design is better than shipping no mats at all. Heck, look at the number of people who would've applauded Rivian had they taken this approach with the OC interior wood trim.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Anyone that has a set of the black/yellow mats that would prefer all black, PM me & maybe we can make a trade come this fall.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars

I don't know if flippant is the right read - they described exactly what would be different, and are reassuring us that the materials and durability are the same. What else could they have done differently? Shipping the mats with a slightly modified design is better than shipping no mats at all. Heck, look at the number of people who would've applauded Rivian had they taken this approach with the OC interior wood trim.
“Hi @sevengroove, to streamline production of the R1S we’ll be shipping them in an all-black colorway. The only difference you’ll notice is that the exterior is black instead of Forest Green. Other than that, the materials and durability will be the same.”

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I find it a little odd that Rivian wouldn't just partner up with Weather Tech (who is also IL based) and made in America on being their main floormat supplier (maybe not chilewhich) but everything else seems like a no brainer.
I'm glad they didn't. I know WeatherTech has a loyal following, but I've found their products to be grossly overrated. I've had a couple sets of their mats (in other vehicles) and I've been disappointed both times. After less than a year they look terrible and become deformed. They're not a durable product.

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
I agree. Again, these aren’t 20k Honda trucks… it’s not like Astonius is saying he wants something special… just wants what he agreed to buy. It’s no different than if you agree to buy a gallon of milk but at the checkout line they said, hey we decided to give ya a gallon of chocolate milk instead, don’t worry, still from a cow just a diff color…

The principal of the problem remains which is don’t change a product once someone has paid for it. I think many of us have been very patient and understanding over the multiple years waiting but the seemingly lack of “give-a-damn” when it comes to just changing products is annoying to say the least.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'm glad they didn't. I know WeatherTech has a loyal following, but I've found their products to be grossly overrated. I've had a couple sets of their mats (in other vehicles) and I've been disappointed both times. After less than a year they look terrible and become deformed. They're not a durable product.

Besides their labels melting off I'm a fan they could be a bit thicker but really that's about it.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Besides their labels melting off I'm a fan they could be a bit thicker but really that's about it.
the sides always seem to turn to wavy "bacon" in short order. Bothers my to no end.

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

I agree. Again, these aren’t 20k Honda trucks… it’s not like Astonius is saying he wants something special… just wants what he agreed to buy. It’s no different than if you agree to buy a gallon of milk but at the checkout line they said, hey we decided to give ya a gallon of chocolate milk instead, don’t worry, still from a cow just a diff color…

The principal of the problem remains which is don’t change a product once someone has paid for it. I think many of us have been very patient and understanding over the multiple years waiting but the seemingly lack of “give-a-damn” when it comes to just changing products is annoying to say the least.
This is more akin to a person buying a gallon of milk and then being given a bottle with a green label instead of a blue label. It's still the same milk and it serves the exact same purpose. It will just look slightly different sitting in your refrigerator.

Honestly, I figured there would be some sarcastic/funny reactions to this but I'm genuinely shocked that anyone is legitimately upset that the little logo on their floor mats won't be yellow.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars

Yep. Didn't even ask "hey, are you cool with this change?" Just "hey, we made this change to a product you already paid for without okaying it with you." The OC analogue doesn't hold water. Switching to BM was presented as an option to get the truck sooner, or you could continue to wait for OC. Here Rivian isn't presenting an option to wait longer for the advertised floor mat design. They've simply made the change and told us to deal with it.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

the sides always seem to turn to wavy "bacon" in short order. Bothers my to no end.

Yeap especially after a high heat bake in the summer, depends on the design/vehicle tho as some have thin edges others don't.
Sponsored