Sponsored

Where in the world are my All-Weather Floor Mats!?

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I don’t disagree with that at all actually. Yes it looks great with the yellow and objectively loses some appeal if it’s all black. But again, expecting them to ask for your permission to make a change they clearly had to for one reason or another is unreasonable.
Not if it’s already bought and paid for.
Sponsored

SecretService

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Granite R1T with 22” black wheels
Occupation
New home sales
I don’t disagree with that at all actually. Yes it looks great with the yellow and objectively loses some appeal if it’s all black. But again, expecting them to ask for your permission to make a change they clearly had to for one reason or another is unreasonable.

@CommodoreAmiga that’s a fair point but can you get a refund for the mats? I don’t think they’re forcing the product down your throat. They made a decision - these mats will no longer have a yellow logo. If you have already paid for them you can either get a refund or take the updated design. Am I missing something?
I think this is kinda the point being made. Nobody expects them to ask permission but if they are going to make a change without offering a choice, they should offer to refund. To my knowledge that offer was never extended. I think everybody getting way to caught up in the significance of the change. It’s not relevant whether it’s the entire exterior color or if it’s just 4 logos, (arguably if they changed the color of the logos on the exterior of the car, I’m sure folks would be disappointed as well) the significance falls in changing something that has already been PID for without offering a choice to wait longer for what was agreed on, or to be refunded since they no longer are offering the item they advertised.

It’s not that it’s a “big deal” or not, it’s just principal. Just think the message could have been delivered better with options and empathy as with any sales related role when a material change is being made.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I think this is kinda the point being made. Nobody expects them to ask permission but if they are going to make a change without offering a choice, they should offer to refund. To my knowledge that offer was never extended. I think everybody getting way to caught up in the significance of the change. It’s not relevant whether it’s the entire exterior color or if it’s just 4 logos, (arguably if they changed the color of the logos on the exterior of the car, I’m sure folks would be disappointed as well) the significance falls in changing something that has already been PID for without offering a choice to wait longer for what was agreed on, or to be refunded since they no longer are offering the item they advertised.

It’s not that it’s a “big deal” or not, it’s just principal. Just think the message could have been delivered better with options and empathy as with any sales related role when a material change is being made.
Okay, maybe I assumed that a refund was always an option even if the item was paid for and you haven't received it. Perhaps they should have made that a more obvious option in the email, agreed.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
@CommodoreAmiga that’s a fair point but can you get a refund for the mats? I don’t think they’re forcing the product down your throat. They made a decision - these mats will no longer have a yellow logo. If you have already paid for them you can either get a refund or take the updated design. Am I missing something?
Is refund an option? Maybe? I don't actually know.

There aren't any other viable all weather mat options, so I feel a bit captive and must take the change Rivian has made.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
There aren't any other viable all weather mat options, so I feel a bit captive and must take the change Rivian has made.
Feel like that's the story of the entire Rivian experience 😆

Sponsored

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

My issue is I already paid for the mats. So they’re changing them on me when I no longer have a choice.

If they want to change the emblem on new deliveries, then people have a choice if they don’t want to move forward…. But not really fair to take the money and not deliver what was agreed upon, imo.
It's a fair question to ask if a refund is an option since it has not been shipped and delivered i would think.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I know everyone's abuzz about the tax credit, but while I was confirming my interest in signing a binding agreement for the R1S I also inquired about the floor mat situation:

8/8/2022, 3:29:40 PM - Rivian: Is there anything else I can help with today?
------
8/8/2022, 3:30:50 PM - Me: I did have one other question about the recent all-weather floor mat changes. I have already paid for them and have been waiting for them. I do not want all black and would prefer to wait for yellow-accented mats if possible. Is this an option?
------
8/8/2022, 3:32:35 PM - Rivian: I can remove these Floor mats from your order if you would like a refund. Otherwise, we anticipate the design with the Yellow Logo's of All-Weather Floor Mats to be available in Gear Shop in 2023.

------
8/8/2022, 3:33:15 PM - Me: Can I just wait for them rather than get a refund and have to reorder again?
------
8/8/2022, 3:34:29 PM - Rivian: If you keep your order as is, you would receive the all black floor mats
------
8/8/2022, 3:34:54 PM - Me: Ok, will I be offered the yellow mats at the same price once they are available?
------
8/8/2022, 3:36:35 PM - Rivian: The pricing will be available in Gear Shop at the time they are available.
------
8/8/2022, 3:36:47 PM - Rivian: I apologize, this is the most information we have currently.
------
8/8/2022, 3:37:14 PM - Me: ok, I'll follow up with my guide. I don't think it's right to charge me more for the mats I originally ordered and already paid for.
------
8/8/2022, 3:37:33 PM - Me: I'm willing to be patient, but Rivian needs to honor what I paid.
------
8/8/2022, 3:38:06 PM - Rivian: I hear you, and I understand. I will make note of your feedback, I just can't guarantee that and I am sorry.
------
8/8/2022, 3:38:34 PM - Me: Thank you. That's all I need for now. Appreciate your help!
So, in short:
  • Refunds are being offered (as they should be, but why didn't Tony mention this?)
  • Yellow-accented mats are going to make a return in 2023 at an unknown price
  • If you keep your existing order you'll get the all-black mats, and you cannot flag your existing order as "wait for yellow"
  • Rivian isn't guaranteeing the price on the returning yellow-accented mats (at least not explicitly)
I'll follow up with my guide and update this thread if I hear anything new.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carmelbythesea

Carmelbythesea

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2020 Tesla Model Y LR & R1S on order
They finally made it to my r1t.

FYI- They sent them to wrong address from 6 months ago. Got my guide scott to change the address mid ups delivery.

So even if you have changed your address on the site it will send to the old one from when you got the car. Write your guide.
Sponsored