Sponsored

What Will you do when you Take Delivery?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

This was the old plan

Assumptions:
Delivery will be in Normal, IL
Plan: The Wife, My self, and Doggo will be taking a Huge Road Trip after Delivery (Directly) Out west (From from Washington, DC to IL).
Locations: Major National Parks, See Below.

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? 1588824724073

This is the new Plan either 1 or 2 depending on when delivery occurs.

Plan 1
Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? 1629732220167

Plan 2
Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? 1629732282828
Sponsored

Last edited:

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Cool. Have you mapped out charging locations and the availability of rapid charging at which stations? If so, can you share the information?

I might do a similar road trip, except that I'll take the southern route running toward Pikes Peak and Arches National Park and I'll keep heading west from Zion National Park to the Bay Area. I'll also take delivery in Normal. Depending on the delay between placing an order and taking delivery, I might do both in Normal, assuming the delay is a matter of days and not weeks. (I'd rather pick vehicles, colors and options in Normal where I can touch and feel the real deal, but I suspect this is not feasible.) I have relatives in Normal, Peoria, and Chicago. If I can visit family, place an order, and take delivery in short order, I'll do everything in one extended trip.

Last edited:

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
For what it's worth... Route 66 goes through Normal, IL. I am probably just going to make my way back to Austin but I will certainly drive some of Route 66 instead of the interstates working my way back home. Being that I'm late to the party I figure I have plenty of time to figure out a fun route.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Cool. Have you mapped out charging locations and the availability of rapid charging at which stations? If so, can you share the information?

I might do a similar road trip, except that I'll take the southern route running toward Pikes Peak and Arches National Park and I'll keep heading west from Zion National Park to the Bay Area. I'll also take delivery in Normal. Depending on the delay between placing an order and taking delivery, I might do both in Normal, assuming the delay is a matter of days and not weeks. (I'd rather pick vehicles, colors and options in Normal where I can touch and feel the real deal, but I suspect this is not feasible.) I have relatives in Normal, Peoria, and Chicago. If I can visit family, place an order, and take delivery in short order, I'll do everything in one extended trip.

Right now using a Jag IPACE Profile as it will be similar in terms of range I am imagining in comparison to the Rivian as well as Charging Infrastructure.

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? 1588862524937

ElectricTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Chevy Bolt
"Right now using a Jag IPACE Profile as it will be similar in terms of range"

I hope not.

Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S

I hope not.
The I-Pace profile is likely a bit optimistic for a 105 kWh Rivian, and probably only a little pessimistic for a 135 kWh Rivian. The Jag has better aero than either the R1T of R1S, and that translates to a steep range penalty for the Rivians at higher speeds. Much of the published route will be at 75 mph (or more :angel:). The EPA Highway test has a top speed of 60 mph and an average speed of 48.

Rivian R1T R1S What Will you do when you Take Delivery? hwfetdds

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Exactly, I was using it as a worse case scenario for planning, assuming I go for 135kw with 3 rows.

The I-Pace profile is likely a bit optimistic for a 105 kWh Rivian, and probably only a little pessimistic for a 135 kWh Rivian. The Jag has better aero than either the R1T of R1S, and that translates to a steep range penalty for the Rivians at higher speeds. Much of the published route will be at 75 mph (or more :angel:). The EPA Highway test has a top speed of 60 mph and an average speed of 48.

hwfetdds.gif

I hope not.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I will:
1) Drive super fast & giggle
2) Take it light offroad to test traction & overall capabilities
3) Probably sleep in it at least one night the first week, lol

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
FAINT!!

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I will:
1) Drive super fast & giggle
2) Take it light offroad to test traction & overall capabilities
3) Probably sleep in it at least one night the first week, lol
Definitely, it helps I was a former Mechanical Engineer who has been trained in going off road by Land Rover as part of mandatory employee training :)

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Definitely, it helps I was a former Mechanical Engineer who has been trained in going off road by Land Rover as part of mandatory employee training :)
4 independent motors should change the game regarding traction. Although the intelligent braking systems are pretty solid these days too...

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

We have also planned on taking delivery in Normal. I hadn't really considered going on an extended road trip but now that I am reading this...it would be fun to swing back east into SC before headed back to Jacksonville to show it off to my little brother who has a reservation on a tri-motor CT.

EVJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Honda Pilot, 2012 Hyundai Veloster, 2019 Infinity Q50 Luxe, 2020 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Sales
Getting closer...the countdown is on. This email was a nice surprise as I was just talking about the R1T yesterday and was getting depressed about the lack of communication. I'd love to start in Texas...up through Colorado, Black Hills, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and back....

Hi Jay,

My name is Gabi and I’m on the Community Engagement team here at Rivian. I want to personally congratulate you on your recent preorder and welcome you to the Rivian team.

From now until you take delivery of your R1T, one of the important milestones that we’re eager to share with you is the launch of our configurator in late summer. Within the configurator, you’ll be able to customize your Electric Adventure Vehicle (EAV) with your favorite color, trim level, battery pack options, and more. Until then, keep an eye on your inbox and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have along the way.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Getting closer...the countdown is on. This email was a nice surprise as I was just talking about the R1T yesterday and was getting depressed about the lack of communication. I'd love to start in Texas...up through Colorado, Black Hills, Grand Tetons, Yellowstone and back....

Hi Jay,

My name is Gabi and I’m on the Community Engagement team here at Rivian. I want to personally congratulate you on your recent preorder and welcome you to the Rivian team.

From now until you take delivery of your R1T, one of the important milestones that we’re eager to share with you is the launch of our configurator in late summer. Within the configurator, you’ll be able to customize your Electric Adventure Vehicle (EAV) with your favorite color, trim level, battery pack options, and more. Until then, keep an eye on your inbox and don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions you may have along the way.
That's cool.. may I ask when you ordered... I am curious when emails will role out to others.
Sponsored