Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm literally jumping on chat to annoy them with the question. :D
We should coordinate a DDoS of CS with all of us asking the same questions.
Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
I bet they will unveil something like a fully integrated insurance program similar to Tesla but better where you can have all your policies, they use their Driver+ for discounts, etc.

(hehehehe)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
CS doesn't have the specific states yet. They said they'll email me when it's available to them as well.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Based off of all the data have seen I think the reason for the slow trickle of information is simply put because they are not ready.

I believe the level of what we think the company will be active and viable to everyone won't happen until September or October. For us LE holders we will see delivery as following:

-EPA Numbers Come out in May maybe June
-Crash Testing won't be official until July/August
-Delivery will be 1000% personal and we will get a very limited number of accessories either included or as a option to bundle but not as much as you would think.
-Deliveries will come with a gift box thanking us for our patience
-No Dealerships or test drive events until June it self (they are still hiring the people who are coordinating these events so to get them hired and trained is at least 1.5 months).
-No in store/service centers at Launch, though any issues will be handled albeit probably a little slower.
-Showing us colors and materials in person will be coordinated by the in person events which wont start until June.
-Deliveries that are 100% confirmed with out test driving, in person color choice, or material could happen in June but only if you agree to not care about those until delivery with a 7 day return policy.

I am just making assumptions based on where they are at as a organization in the hiring process, I hope I am 100% wrong and being pessimistic. A lot moving parts happen here and if they can't do things I don't hold it against them as they are moving mountains to start something from the ground up. It takes time.

Anywhose just my brain dump for today.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Based off of all the data have seen I think the reason for the slow trickle of information is simply put because they are not ready.

I believe the level of what we think the company will be active and viable to everyone won't happen until September or October. For us LE holders we will see delivery as following:

-Delivery will be 1000% personal and we will get a very limited number of accessories either included or as a option to bundle but not as much as you would think.
-No Dealerships or test drive events until June it self (they are still hiring the people who are coordinating these events so to get them hired and trained is at least 1.5 months).
-No in store/service centers at Launch, though any issues will be handled albeit probably a little slower.
-Showing us colors and materials in person will be coordinated by the in person events which wont start until June.
-Deliveries that are 100% confirmed with out test driving, in person color choice, or material could happen in June but only if you agree to not care about those until delivery with a 7 day return policy.

I am just making assumptions based on where they are at as a organization in the hiring process, I hope I am 100% wrong and being pessimistic. A lot moving parts happen here and if they can't do things I don't hold it against them as they are moving mountains to start something from the ground up. It takes time.

I think you are a lot closer to reality than most people have been expecting.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I think you are a lot closer to reality than most people have been expecting.

I could be wrong, if we assume multiple people will play multiple roles which could most definitely be the case. Come May, a market/manager of the area or even at the factory would have to make a trip to each region with a fleet of vehicles. Logistically doesn't seem possible but could be wrong. If in fact they are now hiring the crew to show the vehicles is more or less what I base my answers off of.

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

I could be wrong, if we assume multiple people will play multiple roles which could most definitely be the case. Come May, a market/manager of the area or even at the factory would have to make a trip to each region with a fleet of vehicles. Logistically doesn't seem possible but could be wrong. If in fact they are now hiring the crew to show the vehicles is more or less what I base my answers off of.
I think you are over estimating how long things can take especially considering they only have to match hiring to production. They most likely want to only run a skinny staff for the first 3-6 months and have them travel more as they setup events and do deliveries.

Plus, It honestly shouldn't take long to train someone to do deliveries and test drives. I imagine they get a 1-3 day orientation on the car and go. Guides will be the ones they point to for any in-depth questions.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

I agree. Though I'd be surprised if crash testing isn't out in June.

I'm kind of expecting a battery/range dump in early May, and that will probably be the last one we get with the guides taking over at about the same time.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I agree. Though I'd be surprised if crash testing isn't out in June
Mainstream manufacturers often sell new models for several months before crash test results are released.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
True, it just seems odd with the test footage they released.
Manufacturers are required to test to certify they meet standards.
NHTSA and IIHS do some verification/additional testing, but not for all vehicles.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Manufacturers are required to test to certify they meet standards.
NHTSA and IIHS do some verification/additional testing, but not for all vehicles.
Interesting. I was thinking the nhtsa was the required testing.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Interesting. I was thinking the nhtsa was the required testing.
Many people believe this. That's why I posted the link that I did.

JCElectricSUV

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLC 43
Occupation
MGR
Clubs

Call me too optimistic if you want, but I feel like we've entered a regular cadence of information release from Rivian. The past 2 weeks straight we've received updates on Thursday with new, thorough information:
-Thursday 3/18: Charging News
-Thursday 3/25: Warranty News
-Thursday 4/1: Service News
-Thursday 4/8: Crickets
-Thursday 4/15: Insurance News
-Thursday 4/22: ????

I'm starting this thread to see if anyone has predictions on what we learn this week from Rivian, if they continue with the information dissemination as I'm hoping.

What say you? If you get it right, you'll be awarded 15 forum points.
4-22 is Earth Day. That said, I would assume announcements about EPA numbers, sustainability and maybe even a bigger overall announcement. The timing is too good to waste not making a good size splash as it is central to the mission of the company....
Sponsored