Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

<sarcasm>
They were planning on releasing EPA numbers. Once the official results did not match their estimates, they've been scrambling for good news.
</sarcasm>
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

<sarcasm>
They were planning on releasing EPA numbers. Once the official results did not match their estimates, they've been scrambling for good news.
</sarcasm>
Rivian R1T R1S What will we learn on Thursday?  A Predictions Thread... soup nazi

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

They are probably just moving to Friday... I hope.

Also, what telco would install a payphone behind the counter at a restaurant?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Rivian will release no news before its time....

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Rivian will release no news before its time....
And clearly their information aging process is measured differently than our expectations....

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Jeez! Take pretty much a full day off to wait in line for a vaccination that doesn't happen (because of a "clerical error"), and get home thinking, "Well, at least Rivian will have some great news for us", but NOOOOO!!!!

Looks like we're back to drinking our water drop, by drop, by drop... just like the famous water torture from that country that gave us, well, let's just say Fortune Cookies.

Maybe today? Time will tell.....

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Seriously... this is a big downer :confused:

With all the geniuses at Rivian (and I do actually mean that) it's hard to fathom why they would break an established rhythm of weekly news drops. The pattern is talked about in the press and social media so it's not just us Riviots who noticed it. All this does is open the door for speculation on why they "missed" their own news release cycle. Inevitably that raises suspicion... did something go awry? Are they withholding some kind of bad news? Did RJ get covid? All kinds of stupid stuff like that is easily avoided with a nugget of news. As some indicated, even a new spiffy video drop with a glimmer of something new would suffice.

I know there's still more Friday left to see something. I think its already been delayed too long and derails the momentum everyone is (was) enjoying to experience.

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Seriously... this is a big downer :confused:

With all the geniuses at Rivian (and I do actually mean that) it's hard to fathom why they would break an established rhythm of weekly news drops. The pattern is talked about in the press and social media so it's not just us Riviots who noticed it. All this does is open the door for speculation on why they "missed" their own news release cycle. Inevitably that raises suspicion... did something go awry? Are they withholding some kind of bad news? Did RJ get covid? All kinds of stupid stuff like that is easily avoided with a nugget of news. As some indicated, even a new spiffy video drop with a glimmer of something new would suffice.

I know there's still more Friday left to see something. I think its already been delayed too long and derails the momentum everyone is (was) enjoying to experience.

It could be this, or as I mentioned in the other thread they are working on a rollout of their whole new website.
I would imagine we will be getting access to the app soon as well (May), if its anything like Mach E/Tesla app we can track our vehicle progress thru there, check its build status, talk to our guide etc. It would basically be a HTML5 rebuild of the Rivian.com interface.

I suspect they are holding off on massive website changes because of this roll out (also based off a few other things). April towards may will definitely be interesting.
I have been monitoring their changes from January really and the past few days I have noticed some changes in their hash values with no particularly noticeable updates. I can tell you right now their front page is 100% different code wise than what it was a few days go with no noticeable changes though I am not looking too hard. Typically when you see a huge change in code it gets pushed over weekends etc late at night. Nothing saying anything will happen but "SOON" lol.

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Just in time! Check your email.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

hey, I kinda think they tossed that together in a text blender just to shoot something out this week!
:CWL:
Sponsored