Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I would rather they add $500 to the price of the R1T and include the full-size spare setup in the cargo space meant for it. Doing it the current way just feels a little to "nickel and diming" to me.
I’d rather they keep the price the same and actually deliver what they told us they would.

IMO, marketing your vehicle as an off-road adventure machine and then trying to not include a spare tire is asinine.
Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Understood. that extra 50'ish pounds will really drag down the oomph of the 800hp/900tq :D
Looks like celery sticks and rice cakes for me for the next few months. I need to get all the oomph I can. I am sure I can cut another 15 pounds. I wonder how much better that 0-60 time will be?

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
I anticipate this Thursday there will be an announcement that Rivian has entered into an agreement with the Department of Defense and Homeland Security for 100+ new R1T light armored units to help protect and patrol our border. “Never before have we had the capacity to head off trouble in the forests and open trails on our northern border until the genesis of the Rivian Adventure Network”, the press release will read, “never before has it been more important to keep Canadians from entering our country illegally”.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I must admit that now that you have changed your president, I may want to visit USA again...
Excuse us while we get the country ready for you ...

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
Excuse us while we get the country ready for you...
Don't need. We have had our share of issues with Prime minister here as well. I'm used to this type of mess.

Back to discussion!
EPA, EPA, EPA !!!

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

Prediction (and wishful thinking on my part), they'll announce a factory tour and pickup experience for free or some nominal "processing" cost.

MichaelW

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XFR, Ford Mustang GT, Mazda Miata, Smart ForTwo
Warranty, service, and financing are done.

Other big items are EPA ratings, in-person events, delivery process, accessories, final feature list, UI, swag store, and trade-ins.

Final feature list and UI will probably be together so they can outline Amazon integration, driver+, and tank turn etc. Not a slam dunk bc of the Car Play/Android Auto debate so my guess is that comes later.

Delivery process will vary by state unless there is a plant pick-up option but covid probably complicates that option.

Trade ins may not be a news of the week event.

EPA ratings and live testing will need as much time as possible.

I would wager on in-person events this week and accessories next week.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Forgot the biggest unknown of all-time..... LAUNCH GREEN in living color!

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Maybe... but think about it really... say 1/3rd or more of all L.E. orders presently selecting Launch Green. So there are hundreds, maybe well over a thousand customers who don't actually know what their long-awaited EV will look like. Kinda crazy actually...

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
I anticipate this Thursday there will be an announcement that Rivian has entered into an agreement with the Department of Defense and Homeland Security for 100+ new R1T light armored units to help protect and patrol our border. “Never before have we had the capacity to head off trouble in the forests and open trails on our northern border until the genesis of the Rivian Adventure Network”, the press release will read, “never before has it been more important to keep Canadians from entering our country illegally”.
You're way too late on this one. Our covert operatives, William Shatner, Michael J. Fox and Neil Young, have already infiltrated your society.

They are now laying the groundwork for the big invasion.

It was going to happen last year. But, when Rivian was forced to push their schedule back, the delivery of armored R1t's to the Canadian military was delayed.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Prediction (and wishful thinking on my part), they'll announce a factory tour and pickup experience for free or some nominal "processing" cost.
I am hoping for this as well I live south of Chicago and would enjoy seeing it leave its birth place as an American built Truck.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Tomorrow, hopefully we get new information on events.
Sponsored