Sponsored

What will we learn on Thursday? A Predictions Thread...

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Just watch... it will be a "true paint color" reveal with the exception of "Launch Green" held back... :mad:
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I hope for something in general, weekly cadence has become a thing but no expectations have been set. I do really love the videos they make so I am hoping for a combo post.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
EPA's now that the winter weather is also over?
EPA ratings for the different wheel, model, and battery configurations would be awesome. Unfortunately my bet is that we will see some combo of paint and additional accessory options that will provide the opportunity for some gratuitous driving clips. Still hoping EPA numbers are "Very Soon".

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

Tire/Wheel/Colors will be interchangeable between R1T and R1S. Super easy information to release with absolutely no new information for customers! :)

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I'm also hoping for EPA numbers R1S vs R1T with different tire options. However, I think it's going to be accessories and the different partners they are working with since they spoiled the Yakima tent and the winch.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

The more I think about it, the more I think it will be colors. They'll want to get those out in the wild so people might change/finalize their color choice. It should help some folks solidify their interior choice as well.

Would be helpful for forecasting, and hopefully prebuilding!
EPA ratings for the different wheel, model, and battery configurations would be awesome. Unfortunately my bet is that we will see some combo of paint and additional accessory options that will provide the opportunity for some gratuitous driving clips. Still hoping EPA numbers are "Very Soon".
In addition to wanting to get the EPA numbers for the Launch Edition (I think the other battery packs will be tested later), it would be nice to get the crash-test results before too long. I know many here understand and can explain the timing of the testing relative to production ramp-up, but I'd like to see those results along with a release of the videos.

I think DucRider and others shared links from the Feds and/or Insurance industry tests of other vehicles, so I'm guessing we'll get to see the videos shortly after release. I'd think that info will impact the purchase decision of many.

That said, they'd better not release hours of Quentin Tarantino-like super slow-motion, multi-angle, high-definition video of a fleet of Launch Green Rivians getting pummeled and torn apart! That would be highly upsetting!

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
I'm thinking EPA numbers will be one of the next big drops. I feel like we're also due for a video tour of the finalized interior (and overall feature set) for both vehicles (though, I could see this being the last big drop before the guide program launches). I suspect the accessory details may be held back until the guides program launches and people start finalizing orders.

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I'm guessing more info on test drives, potentially connected to how the Rivian Experience Centers are going to work.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

We'll learn how much the (damn) Optional Spare full-size, 5th tire/wheel setup will cost to put in the R1T bed storage space. My guess is around $450 for the 20" non-blk wheel.

I would rather they add $500 to the price of the R1T and include the full-size spare setup in the cargo space meant for it. Doing it the current way just feels a little to "nickel and diming" to me.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I would rather they add $500 to the price of the R1T and include the full-size spare setup in the cargo space meant for it. Doing it the current way just feels a little to "nickel and diming" to me.
Some people don't want the added cost and weight of the spare, others deem it essential. They can't make everyone happy. Making it an option is probably the best solution overall.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Understood. that extra 50'ish pounds will really drag down the oomph of the 800hp/900tq :D

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Understood. that extra 50'ish pounds will really drag down the oomph of the 800hp/900tq :D
I would get the spare but only take it with me when I go off road or long road trips.
Sponsored