Sponsored

What Else Are You Considering?

What Else Are You Considering (Among Electric Vehicles)?

• Total voters

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
You must have been quick. It sold out in 19 minutes….. They did not say how many they planned for 2023.
I looked at my phone time. It was 3:07 pm Central time. I had no idea it would be over that quick. I just hope Rivian gets to me first, then Ford if necessary. I really don't want a car, but I would take it.
Rivian R1T R1S What Else Are You Considering? Cadillac
Sponsored

Scott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester, VW ID.4, R1S on preorder
Clubs

Currently I have a 2014 Subaru Forester and a VW ID.4. I don’t need another car now and usually drive cars for many years before replacing them. Also the Rivian R1S I have on preorder is way more car than I need. I do Subaru level off-roading not wrangler level off-roading. I also am not a lead foot who cares about 0-60 in 3 seconds. I also don’t need a 3rd row for my family size.

That said, I am excited about the R1S like no other car on the market. No other electric car on the market, or coming soon to the market, hits the outdoorsy market as well. Maybe the Soltera will, but not enough is known at the moment. I like the idea of a Land Rover, but paying 60-80k for an ICE with reliability issues gives me pause. The idea of a “max pack” R1S on off road tires with 350 miles of range that can handle any family road trip I want sounds awesome. If it were ~1 foot shorter it would be close to perfect (well if it also had physical buttons for climate control and audio functions and worked with CarPlay)

So for me, the most likely path if I don’t get the R1S is to drive my Subaru in to the ground. Other than that it is likely waiting for a less over the top sporty / large BEV SUV that can handle light off-roading to come on to the market. Probably the R2S or whatever comes out next is really my ideal fit.

Side note: we like our ID.4 but if the Audi Q4 e tron was available in the US we would have gotten that. Sadly my 19 year old car died and we couldn’t wait until it arrived in the states. Audi likely saved me 15k by not being quick enough to market here.

Last edited:

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

The only other options I would consider in place of the S I have reserved don't exist yet (which is why I'm not too upset with waiting). When it comes, I'd probably consider the ID.8 and maybe the Buzz. I'd also look at the Mercedes Metris once they make an electric version of that.

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Need an option for "nothing" in your poll

xyskis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, 4Runner, Sprinter
Occupation
Surgeon, engineer
Looking to replace our aging 4Runner so it’s R1S vs new [hybrid?] 4Runner, Cybertruck, or MB Sprinter for conversion. Would be great to go electric and then have two EVs but need max pack.

Reactions: ATX

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

ARegularGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 40e, VW Atlas
Occupation
FanBoi
Poll sez to indicate what "other" I am considering so:

BMW X5 45e plug in hybrid (to replace current BMW X5 40e)
Ford F150 Lightning
Audi ETron S (but not base model ETron)

Most likely get the updated BMW X5 45e if Rivian is slow/long delivery wait. Seems it is a sleeper. The updated version has battery for about 45miles, thus gets full federal tax credit, has a GWVR of 6,000+ lbs so can be a full write off for business deduction as truck, and with updated version comes with the turbo 6 (the older/2018+ model 40e had only a turbo4 and only about 20 miles battery, akin to the Volvo, Porsche or Range Rover hybrids). For most of us our commute is probably 20 miles or less each way so since I can charge at work, I've been getting about 37 mpg on my current X5 40e after almost 50K miles. The newer version obviously offers more.

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)
We have a Lucid reserved as well. Looking forward to both.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
So I have yet to put a deposit down on my car.

Currently the list includes:

Ford Mach-E Mustang GT
Rivian R1S (replace our Model X)
Audi etron Sportback
Rivian R1T kitted with kitchen/tent
Audi etron S Sportback
Audi etron GT
Audi Q4 etron Sportback
Porsche Taycan
F150 Lightning

see i may have a problem of indecision.

for me, pulling the trigger happens at the end of this month. Right now, we're debating the R1S to replace our X, and the R1T for adventures/my car. I had a Bolt EV but the lease ran out in April of this year, thanks to the pandemic I'm not commuting anymore so the 'need' for that second car is very limited. As the world starts to spin up though, it's going to be an issue as dance competitions will restart, soccer is already starting, and while at the moment 'you must come back to work' is not an issue our office opens in November and it's a really nice office with great amenities and I liked going to it.

So I need to get a deposit on something, and thanks again to the pandemic, everything I want the delivery times are looooong from now.

Sponsored

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
Placed a deposit for a Hummer EV2X SUV yesterday, starting to like this one too.

So my list now is,
1. Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
2. Polestar 3
3. Audi e-Tron Sportback S
4. Hummer EV2X
5. BMW i4 M50

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I am not interested in any electric SUV unless its Rivian.

I'd probably go X3 M Competition

a76marine

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Jeep J10 (Pickup Truck) & 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Data Analytics and Intelligence
Clubs

I purchased a Ford Mustang Mach E until my R1S is available. I love this car too, though, and hope my wife will keep it so we'll have two EVs in our garage.

Rivian R1T R1S What Else Are You Considering? maxresdefault (1)
Sponsored