Sponsored

What Else Are You Considering?

What Else Are You Considering (Among Electric Vehicles)?

• Total voters

fastwheels

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, C8 Z06, GT-350
Lyriq reservations open up September 18 at 4 pm EDT.
I have been on Cadillac's email list for the Lyric for a couple of months - what I see so far I like as a replacement for my wife's SRX. So far there has been no information about dimensions - if it's much longer than her SRX it's a deal breaker. A 3/4 size R1S would be perfect. Perhaps the R2S? :)
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
1. Polestar 2 with the Performance Pack - Keep going back and fourth on pulling the trigger on this. The most fun to drive EV I have test driven. Plus the crazy low finance rates.

2. Model S - This was my original choice before the refresh. But with the refresh, need to test drive one (whenever it makes it into the market), because not a fan of the york steering and the software drive selector, plus the price increase.

3. Ford Mustang Mach-E GT - Waiting to test drive one before making a final call. But in Canada this is not expected until Q1 2022, so might just wait for the R1S.

4. Audi eTron Sportback - The most comfortable and luxurious EV, but cannot justify the price when I consider the range and performance. It was easy to knock this one off.

Between all of this and the R1S, the R1S for me looks to be the better choice, at least on paper, i.e. range/performance/utility/charging.

So I am hoping Rivian knocks the launch out of the park with little issues as possible.
I have started paying attention to The BMW i4 M50. It looks very enticing, considering it comes fully optioned and coming under 90K CAD, and it's supposed to be the fastest M car.

jcook01

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Lyriq reservations open up September 18 at 4 pm EDT.
Yeah I saw that. Our problem is we will be towing our camper. We'd been hoping for a max pack in the R1S, that's probably not happening within our purchase time frame. The towing range on the current large R1S pack wouldn't get us anywhere out here in the plains states, charging infrastructure isn't here yet. For instance there's not a single fast charger in between Omaha and Kansas City. Sorry for the rant, just a bit disappointed at this time.

The Lyriq just doesn't have tow capacity, I was hoping for specs close to an Escalade, but in reality it's
not even close.

I believe we'll be trading our diesel Grand Cherokee in for a duramax Suburban or Tahoe.

We have EVs today, a Volt and a Mach-e, but an EV tow vehicle with three rows of seats doesn't appear to be a viable option atm.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Last edited:

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
After seeing the price of Lyriq, I cancelled my Ioniq5/EV6. I will be placing deposit for Lyriq, based on the videos so far seems its a winner. Hope for 100Kwh battery the range is closer to 350 not 300 miles.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
After seeing the price of Lyriq, I cancelled my Ioniq5/EV6. I will be placing deposit for Lyriq, based on the videos so far seems its a winner. Hope for 100Kwh battery the range is closer to 350 not 300 miles.
The base price of the Caddy is pretty much right at the maxed out EV6 price (and the Ioniq 5 is likely to be cheaper).
I'm guessing you feel the higher price of the GM product will be justified by build quality or interior finishes?

Edit: and unless something changes, the Kia/Hyundai have the $7,500 Tax Credit available and GM has reached their cap.

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
But that front....
It's growing on me, but the grill is a lot less pronounced in the i4 than compared to the M4. But I like it in the M3 though.

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
The base price of the Caddy is pretty much right at the maxed out EV6 price (and the Ioniq 5 is likely to be cheaper).
I'm guessing you feel the higher price of the GM product will be justified by build quality or interior finishes?

Edit: and unless something changes, the Kia/Hyundai have the $7,500 Tax Credit available and GM has reached their cap.
Thanks for pointing it out, I completely missed the tax credit part in my price calculations.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
The Ford Lightning looks like a great vehicle but a truck bed wouldn't get used as often as the rear end of a large SUV.
Kidding aside, get a good bedcover & rubber bed mat to prevent things from sliding... it's like having a massive trunk that you can also open & use for larger open loads.

I bought a used truck with a retractable bed cover & I was sold; I'll never have another truck without one. I've had every style of bed cover, and my all time favorite is the BAK Revolver...sleek, strong, secure, doesn't cover the rear window/rearview when retracted (only downside of the folding ones).

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Depending on the day of the week, the temperature, my frustration levels with delivery times I have considered:

Tesla Model S
VW ID.4
Audi etron
Audi etron S
Audi etron Q4
Ford Mach E GT
GMC Hummer
R1T
R1S
Apterra
Canoo
F150 Lightning

I'd actually ordered a LR Model S in April, but then I got a 2016 P90D as a loaner and well, meh. Spending that much for that doesn't excite me that much, and it was also difficult for me to get in and out of, the roof line made me bend in weird angles and I couldn't figure out a graceful way to get in/out. So I gave up my $100 as originally it was supposed to be here this month (hah) now it's $10k more and $250 deposit. My 'eh screw it I don't need to spend that much on a truck' car is currently the Audi Q4 etron sportback. I was a huge audi fan until EVs came along and for a daily driver that'd be a great car.

That said..

I've wanted the Rivian for a long time now. I'm unwilling to put $1000 on it though. When they start shipping I'll probably make a decision but the recent pre-order event and the stuff surrounding it have really swung me this way, but not enough to put a non-interest bearing deposit for 1000 for some unknown future date. The market is a better place for that money for me right now.

Zeroemit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90 Hybrid
I have been watching, contemplating R1S for a while.

My alternate choices - Volvo XC90 EV replacement due next year. Maybe Polestar 3, if it has a useable 3rd row.

My reservation with R1S so far is its "estimated" efficiency. A 135kwh pack with a range of 300+ miles isn't very efficient for a EV.
Sponsored