Water stains near roof. Anyone else?

FTWRS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Occupation
Consulting
Just noticed what appears to be water stains on the side and near the roof of my S. It doesn’t go all the way to roof so I don’t think it’s a leak there. It is close to the vent on the pillar that circulates air to the 3rd row which makes me wonder if it’s a condensation issue there. I’ve filed a service ticket. Anyone else have this issue?
Rivian R1T R1S Water stains near roof.  Anyone else? 619CB9C1-4A79-4C87-AFFD-D9FC36E43C7F
Rivian R1T R1S Water stains near roof.  Anyone else? 5989A3A3-C03C-4BB2-ACE9-905DC8C0568A
Rivian R1T R1S Water stains near roof.  Anyone else? 90EDC7A8-9943-4F58-B882-F6924FA4AE52

Rivian R1T R1S Water stains near roof.  Anyone else? E3AAFA12-5A99-4665-BD23-D2D756B96ECC
Sponsored

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Did this develop recently or did you maybe not notice it before?

When I got my R1T there was a dark, oily stain in the OC headliner. When I pointed it out I was told to file a ticket and they’d replace the headliner. I did that, however upon taking it into the SC all they did was spend 6+ hours (while I was waiting since they said it’d be 2 hours max to replace) scrubbing it to no avail with various cleaners. Just before the end of the day they proudly came out and told me they fixed it… by using a tide stain stick… 😑

There is now a water mark around that area but not quite as pronounced as this.

Edit: Point being - could this have been an overzealous cleaning effort of a stain pre-delivery?

OP
OP

FTWRS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Occupation
Consulting
Did this develop recently or did you maybe not notice it before?

When I got my R1T there was a dark, oily stain in the OC headliner. When I pointed it out I was told to file a ticket and they’d replace the headliner. I did that, however upon taking it into the SC all they did was spend 6+ hours (while I was waiting since they said it’d be 2 hours max to replace) scrubbing it to no avail with various cleaners. Just before the end of the day they proudly came out and told me they fixed it… by using a tide stain stick… 😑

There is now a water mark around that area but not quite as pronounced as this.

Edit: Point being - could this have been an overzealous cleaning effort of a stain pre-delivery?
Not sure. My daughter noticed it last night while riding in the in the back. I feel like if it came from the factory this way I would have noticed as it’s pretty pronounced. It’s warming up in Texas so I’m using the AC more. I’m wondering if there’s condensation around the vent in that area.

GreenOptimist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Not sure. My daughter noticed it last night while riding in the in the back. I feel like if it came from the factory this way I would have noticed as it’s pretty pronounced. It’s warming up in Texas so I’m using the AC more. I’m wondering if there’s condensation around the vent in that area.
Could be. I’ll let other R1S owners chime in but might be worth running the AC on max for a while and feeling for dampness as a test.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Take a look at the factory roof mounting points to see if there’s obvious damage to the underlying moisture barrier (a plastic strip).

I was washing mine a few weeks ago and noticed it was cracked. SC said it was fine, but if I noticed any water intrusion to get back in ASAP.

Recommend not leaving this to a chance of condensation. It looks like more than that (and even if it is, that’s too much).

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Extremely unikely this is condensation, I doubt the duct work even runs anywhere above the vent. Very strong suspicion this is a roof leak. I would be more inclined to try a car wash or garden hose to test for water intrusion.

Ashtothexo

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Occupation
Fintech
Clubs

Just noticed one in my R1S yesterday. Service ticket made. Scary they just try to get the stain out and not fix the problem.

Rivian R1T R1S Water stains near roof.  Anyone else? IMG_3560

Rivian R1T R1S Water stains near roof.  Anyone else? IMG_3558

OP
OP

FTWRS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Occupation
Consulting
So, they kept mine for a few days and ran multiple water tests around the area and found nothing. When they replaced the area they said there was no sign of water damage. Haven’t had any problems since and I go through the car wash regularly. Hope yours is ok too.
Sponsored