DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If your current wife knows your screen name, I'd go with "Super Busty" and get ready to take your lumps.?
JeremyMKE,

By the way, after spending a non-refunable $250 for a subscription, I was disappointed to find out "23andMe" wasn't a dating site. Save your money! You're going to need it! Well, at least half of it.....

(A tip of the hat to Kevin Nealon for the 23andMe reference)
Sponsored

JeremyMKE

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna, 2001 Yamaha Vino, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Riviot
JeremyMKE,

By the way, after spending a non-refunable $250 for a subscription, I was disappointed to find out "23andMe" wasn't a dating site. Save your money! You're going to need it! Well, at least half of it.....

(A tip of the hat to Kevin Nealon for the 23andMe reference)

As I am fond of saying to my wife whenever she balks at something I want, "Second Mommy would do it"

It goes over about as well as you imagine...

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
As I am fond of saying to my wife whenever she balks at something I want, "Second Mommy would do it"

It goes over about as well as you imagine...
We're cut from a similar cloth. I guess our wives wouldn't have married us if they couldn't handle our brand of humor.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

We're cut from a similar cloth. I guess our wives wouldn't have married us if they couldn't handle our brand of humor.
OK, now you guys are scaring me. First, we get "wives" and "cut" and "couldn't handle" in one "short" statement. Then I turn on the TV late at night and there's a retrospective on the 90's. Cut to the story about John Wayne Bobbitt (Hollywood couldn't have come up with a better character name) and his wife, Lorena (I'm thinking Hollywood would have named her "Bobbie"). I already have a tough enough time getting to sleep, but I watched it to the bitter end.

That story made every guy cringe. We don't need any more short-stories or clips about psychos or anyone else running around with dangerous weapons, or going off half-cocked.?

Keep those wives happy, laughing, and away from the knife drawer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OK, now you guys are scaring me. First, we get "wives" and "cut" and "couldn't handle" in one "short" statement. Then I turn on the TV late at night and there's a retrospective on the 90's. Cut to the story about John Wayne Bobbitt (Hollywood couldn't have come up with a better character name) and his wife, Lorena (I'm thinking Hollywood would have named her "Bobbie"). I already have a tough enough time getting to sleep, but I watched it to the bitter end.

That story made every guy cringe. We don't need any more short-stories or clips about psychos or anyone else running around with dangerous weapons, or going off half-cocked.?

Keep those wives happy, laughing, and away from the knife drawer.
Man, so many puns in that one. You threw caution right out the window.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Man, so many puns in that one. You threw caution right out the window.
Yeah, sometimes the thoughts are moving so fast, I don't know if I'm coming or going.

BTW, I caught that....

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Figured you would!
Also, I don't know if you caught it (really, no pun intended...this time), but I quoted you at:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...ground-to-interior-threshold.1257/#post-25482

Clearly, my thinking powers have been diminished. I couldn't figure out how to take something from one thread and reattach it to another thread and still have it work. That type of surgery is well above my pay grade.

I am hopeful that twysocki is able to get the information about the R1S' entry height before it's go time for an order.

Be well, my friend.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I couldn't figure out how to take something from one thread and reattach it to another thread and still have it work.
Hit the "+Quote" button by the post you want & it will allow you to later insert one or multiple quotes, even from different threads. Really a pretty handy feature.

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Hit the "+Quote" button by the post you want & it will allow you to later insert one or multiple quotes, even from different threads. Really a pretty handy feature.
Thanks for the heads up! Thought I did that, but clearly got something wrong.??

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

Using my own thread to "come clean".. The drought of meaningful info from Rivian and the passage of time leaves me constantly pondering alternatives. I know none are as adventure-focused as the Rivian and some not even real EVs or just road-going rides. Sitting here on the verge of spending near $80 grand on a new vehicle has me eye-balling options:
  • Ford F-150 Hybrid (FX4-Platinum)
  • Audi e-tron
  • Mach-E GT
  • Tesla Y-Performance
  • Hyundai Ionic 5 (or 6) yes, also a wait time

There... I said it! I confessed... and I peak at other vehicle forums too

Now back to convincing myself every other option will disappoint the crap out of me once the R1T is actually set free. When all its glory is revealed here and on YouTube that my ability to resist taking another bride is rewarded handsomely. Now onto my next paranoia .... all this goodness starts in June and I don't hear from my Guide until late fall about a winter production spot. ?
I'm right there with you, however, my wife and I are looking for a three-row SUV (that can actually fit normal humans in the third row, I'm looking at you Model Y) so our options are practically non existent at this point. I ordered the R1S so I can rule out the F-150 right away, no third row in E-Tron, Mach E, or Ionic 5 (not sure about 6) so really there is only the R1S. Even if I went with a electric Volvo XC90, the price of it is insane for the vehicle it is, especially since the third row can't really fit adults. Plus we want a real off-roader so that limits it even further. For EV, the R1S truly is the only option. Outside of EV, there are a few more but mostly the Toyota Land Cruiser (which again, for the price makes no sense compared to the R1S) or Jeep Grand Cherokee L ($60k the way I'd build it which in the long haul will cost the same as a $75k R1S.

dmc94

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T - GW/FE/20"
Clubs

I now think of my Rivian reservation as a roller coaster ride, many ups and downs. I own my vehicles for a long time and have been driving a 2008 GMC Sierra and started thinking about upgrading it back in 2019. I already had owned a Volt and a Bolt, and liked electric vehicles, but there were no electric choices in trucks. Then I found out about Rivian, decided to reserve an R1T (May 2019) and also decided I would fully load it up with all options (inlcuding the kitchen sink) and have that vehicle well into my retirement (coming in a couple of years). I did not care about having to wait for it, that just meant more time to save the money in order to pay cash for it.

Then back in Oct 2020, the Hummer was revealed, that was quite the vehicle, way better than CT or Rivian, so I made a deposit, thinking that I would see which one I could get first, Rivan or Hummer. I was unable to get an Edition 1 reserved, only wait listed, so it appeared Rivian would definitley win out easily on the delivery schedule.

Then the configurator came out in Nov 2020, without the Max Pack, nor any roof options. I decided then I did not want to settle for an LE. I really wanted the Max Pack and removable roof like the Hummer has. Now the wait is until at least mid 2022, Hummer resevation is likely late 2022 or early 2023. Meanwhile, GM announced I will be able to get all the options on my Hummer to upgrade it to the Edition 1 equivalent, even if I cannot get it in the first year.

So, on Monday I went into the configurator and completely changed my Rivian reservation to an R1S Explorer package, hoping to now get it early 2022. I will drive that until the Hummer comes and then my wife will get the R1S. So we will end up with a nice electric SUV, and a very nice electric off-road beast.
Comparing specs, the R1S beats nearly all three-row and trucks off-road. I'd love to see it vs. the Hummer EV. It's only real competitor off road is the LR Defender or Land Cruiser, but those both have worse specs.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
I'm in a unique spot where, depending on the actual delivery date whenever I get around to ordering an R1S with the Max Pack, my trade-in will cover a large portion of my Rivian sticker price, BUT, how will all that be handled? I'm guessing someone like carmax will physically take the trade-in and cut me a check/credit towards the Rivian, but would that be handled as a true trade-in for sales tax purchases in states that allow you to write-off the trade-in from your overall purchase price?

And I'd obviously like more info on the Max Pack, but I get some of the silence. They need people to buy the ones they're making, and not defer. They don't want to Osborne the Large Pack offerings.

It's all a little frustrating, but it's not like someone will be trying to sell me the undercoating when I take delivery.

AlohaR1TR1S

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor/F150
I spend way too much time watching this forum. Its a sickness I freely admit it. ?

Most threads seem to be 'stale' recently, so figured why not have one that members can just type-out their gripes, frustrations, angst-ridden sarcastic comments while we all "patiently" :)rolleyes:) wait for our Guidance-counselors coming in May.. (or June, July depending on lord knows what). Happy to start off:

What does Rivian really think it's gaining with this ultra-coy, fake openness about its R1 vehicles? I mean the Videos and Stories, and social-web postings are cool and have a "behind the scene" sort of vibe. In reality its mostly teasing, soft taunting and clever games. At this point I'd be happier with a typical OEM roll-out akin to Ford's Mach-E website (https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/). At a glance they both have the same Hollywood-esque splash, yet if you dig further there's plenty of technical specs and FAQs to satisfy one's interest. Heck at least the Colorizer represents the paints accurately and if that's not enough there are tons of photos of actual vehicles in every color available. Yes, I know the Mach-E is out already but this site is pretty much the same since the fall...... just like you-know who's.

Come on Rivian...... at least reveal the paints and interior flavors in "living-colors" ahead of being Guided come May. :angry:

Not very active here on this forum.. a reservation holder for R1T Max Pack and still waiting to build /config my R1S with Max Pack option.. I watch other folks gripe in other Rivian forums but here are my top gripes:

1. no real world charging specs/vids/sessions by Rivian for R1T/R1S
2. no sharing of range impact by tow load tests they teased
3. no deposit/reservation holder engagement about test drives .. it's getting close to June ( granted its still COVID times.. but still )
3. Max Pack delays to Jan 2022
4. R1S Max Pack build-out/config .. unavailable to date
5. Tailgate 180degrees got scrapped
6. Rivian Customer Service inquiries by me, were coy in info from their end
7. Although I am the type of person who believes in letting work show for itself and Rivian stealth and humbleness vs bragging/overpromises was of benefit to them upon its market launch, the drip-feed of information is just painful.
Sponsored