Sponsored

Trying this new bed mat......Thoughts / Opinions??

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Just got this bed mat in today to replace the original one I had to cut to size. This one was cheap, but is custom made specifically for the Rivian.

Please share any photos / links of bed mats you have tried and are happy with. Considered the EV1, but those hexagons look like they would catch quite a bit a dirt and require removal every time to clean. Others have cross patterns that also look like they'd collect a lot of dirt. Would love to find a good full rubber mat that's form fit for the Rivian.

See my combined accessory list of all accessories I've tried or am using at this link......
www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/accessories-floor-console-organizer-tesla-charger-adapter-phone-mount-bed-mat-etc.6246/

Compared with my old one, not sure which one I prefer. Am going to try the new one out for a while. The one I had (see prior post and photo below) was a very heavy duty rubber mat that laid in there pretty flat. This one, while cut specifically to fit the Rivian, is a notably lighter plastic/rubber combination material that bows up a little bit in some places. They say to let it get warm and it should flatten out.

With my old one, it didn't go around the wheel wells whereas this one does, but that was never a problem for me. We'll see if this one flattens out a looks a little more natural.

One advantage to the new one being a much lighter material is that the spare tire well cover now stays up on its own when open. The other mat was too heavy for the shocks and had to prop it up. But, being much heavier duty, it offered great protection and didn't move a millimeter when driving around. This one shouldn't move either since it's form fit, but could possibly buckle up a little if wind gets in there the right way.

Since it has some plastic in its material, it looks a little cheaper as well. The other mat was all thick rubber only (see both images below).

Will provide an update in a few weeks on my final verdict.

Any thoughts on which one you prefer?

Here's the Amazon link for the mat I got.

www.amazon.com/RIVIGEAR-Weather-Compatible-Heavy-Duty-Durable/dp/B0C2TV2J9G/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1DIJRNMYDP4D5&keywords=rivian+bed&qid=1687427827&sprefix=rivian+bed%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-15&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc
Rivian R1T R1S Trying this new bed mat......Thoughts / Opinions?? 1687428091661-

This is the new one installed......
Rivian R1T R1S Trying this new bed mat......Thoughts / Opinions?? 1687428505670

This is the one I took out......
Rivian R1T R1S Trying this new bed mat......Thoughts / Opinions?? 1687428425535
Sponsored

Last edited:

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Just got this bed mat in today to replace the original one I had to cut to size. This one was cheap, but is custom made specifically for the Rivian.

Please share any photos / links of bed mats you have tried and are happy with. Considered the EV1, but those hexagons look like they would catch quite a bit a dirt and require removal every time to clean. Others have cross patterns that also look like they'd collect a lot of dirt. Would love to find a good full rubber mat that's form fit for the Rivian.

See my combined accessory list of all accessories I've tried or am using at this link......
www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/accessories-floor-console-organizer-tesla-charger-adapter-phone-mount-bed-mat-etc.6246/

Compared with my old one, not sure which one I prefer. Am going to try the new one out for a while. The one I had (see prior post and photo below) was a very heavy duty rubber mat that laid in there pretty flat. This one, while cut specifically to fit the Rivian, is a notably lighter plastic/rubber combination material that bows up a little bit in some places. They say to let it get warm and it should flatten out.

With my old one, it didn't go around the wheel wells whereas this one does, but that was never a problem for me. We'll see if this one flattens out a looks a little more natural.

One advantage to the new one being a much lighter material is that the spare tire well cover now stays up on its own when open. The other mat was too heavy for the shocks and had to prop it up. But, being much heavier duty, it offered great protection and didn't move a millimeter when driving around. This one shouldn't move either since it's form fit, but could possibly buckle up a little if wind gets in there the right way.

Since it has some plastic in its material, it looks a little cheaper as well. The other mat was all thick rubber only (see both images below).

www.amazon.com/RIVIGEAR-Weather-Compatible-Heavy-Duty-Durable/dp/B0C2TV2J9G/ref=sr_1_15?crid=1DIJRNMYDP4D5&keywords=rivian+bed&qid=1687427827&sprefix=rivian+bed%2Caps%2C143&sr=8-15&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc
1687428091661-png.png

1687428505670.png

1687428425535.png
I am expecting this one to arrive this weekend.

BestEvMod for Rivian R1T Truck Bed Mat Liner Foldable Accessories Pickup Heavyweight Bed Mat All-Weather Protection Compatible with Rivian R1T 2022 2023 Accessories https://a.co/d/eeeGzCU

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I like that it looks easy to clean, but with several of these fitted mats I worry they are too light and might fly out of the bed. That could be unfounded - just a thought that crosses my mind. I’m sure when you need to get in the spare compartment it will be good for it to not be super heavy. Says this one is 12 pounds

Sponsored

Ironcitijc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Performance DM R1T Max Pack, BMW X3
Occupation
EV Enthusiast
Clubs

1687428091661-png.png

1687428505670.png

1687428425535.png
Just curious if one is better than the other at preventing things in the bed from sliding around. Thanks.

SSteveEV

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, etc
Clubs

@kizamybute' fully aware this probably doesn't work for you due to your above goals but in case you or others want to try it:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Rubber-Cal...-Runner-3-16-in-x-4-ft-x-5-ft-Blue/1003016008

I bought this for about $50 as an emergency test when I first got my truck after discovering how ridiculously slippery the bed was. Figured it would be a tie over until the custom ones were developed but I've been really happy and kept it for the following reasons:
1. It does everything I need
2. The tackiness holds everything in place but still lets me slide things around with just enough effort
3. The holes drain dust and water that makes it through the tonneau
4. The whole thing can be pulled towards the liftgate if I need to reach something by the bed
5. Rolls up compactly if I need the extra bit of bed height or want to use it to brace a load
6. Durable
7. Folds over the tailgate to cushion the edge while using ramps
8. No cutting required, the excess just curls right up with the tailgate or wraps up at the cab
9. Won't blow out
10. Easy enough to pull out and shake off after 4 loads of mulch (bagged)

It's not elegant but I've been really happy with the material and think it might be worth a try for someone else or if a vendor wants to experiment with a different product.

Tldr: $50 and pleasantly surprised with the versatility

Rivian R1T R1S Trying this new bed mat......Thoughts / Opinions?? Screenshot_20230622-074855

Gee Bee

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw tdi golf -chevy SSR-997 Turbo S
Occupation
Design
There both junk
I will wait for a multi piece Bedrug

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I have the BestEvMod bed mat and I really like it.

https://a.co/d/1rNomGG

1687434402698.png
My truck sits outside under trees. As a result I have to take my current bed mat out every week or two when I wash the vehicle to get the dirt out from under it. Removing my current mat is not a problem, but it is flat. This one fits better.

Is this one fairly easy to handle? Is it slippery, particularly when wet? Is grime fairly easily removed or is it absorbed by the rubber/plastic?

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
My truck sits outside under trees. As a result I have to take my current bed mat out every week or two when I wash the vehicle to get the dirt out from under it. Removing my current mat is not a problem, but it is flat. This one fits better.

Is this one fairly easy to handle? Is it slippery, particularly when wet? Is grime fairly easily removed or is it absorbed by the rubber/plastic?
It's very easy to remove. Not particularly slippery when wet. I have a power tonneau cover, so it's covered most of the time and I haven't yet washed it. I have had a fair amount of heavy items (Chevy LS engine and transmission) on it and everything stay put. I think it will be fairly easy to wash. The best part was it's Prime shipping, so if you don't like it send it back.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I also have the BestEvMod bed liner, and it seems to be just the right amount of "sticky" to prevent things from sliding around (I've had luggage and red polypropylene 6-gallon gas tanks back there), and it's heavy enough to keep itself firmly in place with no fear of it flying out of the bed. The OEM bed liner material is ridiculously slippery!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I have the BestEV mat as well and its
Good value for the price. I like it and it’s not going to fly out. That said, I still have not been able to get it to FULLY sit flat even letting it sit out in the sun for hours…

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Just curious if one is better than the other at preventing things in the bed from sliding around. Thanks.
Have the bestevmod one posted just above your reply. Looks and fits great. Things don't slide. If anything it's almost too sticky and is difficult to slide a loaded cooler out of the bed.

ggood

First Name
glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Glac White
I started with the softer one that has the hexagons. it has amazing "purchase" on just about anything put on it. nothing moves! a bit too much so as it is tough to quickly slide heavy items in and out. swapped out to the ev mod version and once set in sun for a few hours the fold flattened and it is great. yes, it also allows much easier access to the spare vault below.