Tango45

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, R1S
Clubs

I imagine this falls under "easier said than done" on both counts, but I imagine there might be interest for R1S owners to buy a single one to fill all their h... supplement their set of two stock bars (or, alternatively, to buy three bars) and to be able to have all three bars on the same plane.
Sponsored

Cycliste

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T/20AT/2DNU, BMC TMR01/SRAM AXS/454 NSW
Occupation
Amateur aero weenie
Clubs

There is a T slot on the bottom that goes all the way to the end of the aluminum for mounting on the feet that attach to your vehicle. There is also a T slot on the top that runs the length of the aluminum for mounting your accessories like a bike rack, etc. the top slot also has a rubber strip that closes off the top T-slot to help prevent whistling as well as being more aero. You cut this into pieces and feed the rubber strip in between the spots where you mount your accessories.

I used this bar on top of my old Impreza for 13 years before getting my R1T. I never had any problems.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Rated at 220lbs dynamic by Thule, which seems ultra conservative considering the solid bar design. No telling what Rivian uses for threshholds when they rate theirs; brand to brand is not consistent. Thule vs Yakima, both good quality. I would consider these close to equivalent.
220lbs dynamic is enough for some of the largest roof top tent, so that would suffice IMO.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

In this position as shown on the roof, wouldn’t they need to be wider for the bed installation? It appears they’re already at the end of travel here.
Or am I missing something?

IMG_5764.png
the foot slides in and out to accomodate the different width install points on the truck. You can see the slot on the bottom side of the rail here. Works well!

Sponsored

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
the foot slides in and out to accomodate the different width install points on the truck. You can see the slot on the bottom side of the rail here. Works well!
I believe what zgStevieD is getting at, is the roof mounting points are quite a bit closer together laterally, than the bed mounts… by a few inches. The included photos show that the mounting widths when placed on the roof are nearly as wide as the crossbar would allow. Curious if this spans the bed width as well.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I believe what zgStevieD is getting at, is the roof mounting points are quite a bit closer together laterally, than the bed mounts… by a few inches. The included photos show that the mounting widths when placed on the roof are nearly as wide as the crossbar would allow. Curious if this spans the bed width as well.
yes, for sure - tested and works in all positions on R1S and R1T

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

In this position as shown on the roof, wouldn’t they need to be wider for the bed installation? It appears they’re already at the end of travel here.
Or am I missing something?

IMG_5764.png
You would buy the longer crossbars for use on the bed. These over the cab are about 130cm, as I recall. The crossbars for the bed are about 150cm (as I recall).

Bumper20

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V
Hey Rivian Nation,

Looking for crossbars? Check these out - this kit is based on Thule Wingbar Evo, and we've currated a package to include all the necessary hardware to bolt-on the R1T / R1S.

https://evsportline.com/collections...ule-wingbar-evo2-crossbars-for-rivian-r1t-r1s

While the factory Rivian crossbars are nice, I love that these Thule bars are one piece bars. The bars fit any position factory mounts on the Rivian, the width adjustment is made at the interface of the rail and mount.

Rivian-Thule-Crossbars-4_4000x@2x.progressive.jpeg
This is just you selling the official Thule offering correct? Also, pretty sure you installed that front bar backwards

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

This is just you selling the official Thule offering correct? Also, pretty sure you installed that front bar backwards
yes, we rushed the photos, but we have an install this week we will redo those pics. We have officially durability tested it backwards too ha ha
Sponsored