First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Motor Large Pack
Occupation
Composer, IT Service Desk Analyst
Wife and I took delivery of a Forest Green R1T on the 24th! Picked up at the Bellevue Service Center, and the staff there were awesome. We arrived about an hour early (drive over was quicker than we planned on), but they were able to get the hand-over process started early!

Rivian R1T R1S Took Delivery, 24 Feb! IMG_20240224_150038 (2)
Rivian R1T R1S Took Delivery, 24 Feb! IMG_20240225_130629

Just got home to Spokane after overnighting in Ellensburg and it's nicely tucked into our garage.

Rivian R1T R1S Took Delivery, 24 Feb! PXL_20240225_200125075.MP
Sponsored

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Congratulations!!! You will love the ride and the vehicle!

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Welcome to the family!

Rivian R1T R1S Took Delivery, 24 Feb! IMG_39861

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
Welcome and you'll love it - get used to the
Rivian R1T R1S Took Delivery, 24 Feb! 1708900076950
function in the forum and you'll save a bunch of time AND learn a lot.

Looks like you may want a Laser Parking Assist (they also make dual-laser for 2-car garages) to help you maximize garage space. It really helps us know exactly how far to pull into the garage so that the door is about 2" from the end of the vehicle.

OP
OP
VandalSibs

VandalSibs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Welcome and you'll love it - get used to the
1708900076950.png
function in the forum and you'll save a bunch of time AND learn a lot.

Looks like you may want a Laser Parking Assist (they also make dual-laser for 2-car garages) to help you maximize garage space. It really helps us know exactly how far to pull into the garage so that the door is about 2" from the end of the vehicle.
The laser guide is interesting..... we were going to screw some steel wheel chocks onto the floor lined up with the tires as stops, but this might be a less destructive idea. I'll chat with my wife about it.

Sponsored

KBabione

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S and other ICE
Occupation
Consultant
I've found it works really well. Just park the truck in the "perfect" position and then aim the laser dot on the center of your dash - I have it hitting the dash "seam" dead-center on the steering wheel. Then, as long as the dot is either there or not visible (because, for example it's hitting the steering column) you'll know you're in far enough that the garage door won't hit your truck when it closes.

One thing that surprised me (only because I hadn't thought about it). I pulled our R1S into the garage into that perfect spot and put it in park. The R1S immediately kneeled (as it always did) and I lined up my laser dot with the vehicle in kneeling mode. It worked out because it's about an extra inch of "insurance" in the back where the garage door is. We keep it in All-Purpose mode and standard height so that's where it is when we pull in.

The other downside of permanent chocks is that you trip over them because they're there even when the truck isn't.

OP
OP
VandalSibs

VandalSibs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I've found it works really well. Just park the truck in the "perfect" position and then aim the laser dot on the center of your dash - I have it hitting the dash "seam" dead-center on the steering wheel. Then, as long as the dot is either there or not visible (because, for example it's hitting the steering column) you'll know you're in far enough that the garage door won't hit your truck when it closes.

One thing that surprised me (only because I hadn't thought about it). I pulled our R1S into the garage into that perfect spot and put it in park. The R1S immediately kneeled (as it always did) and I lined up my laser dot with the vehicle in kneeling mode. It worked out because it's about an extra inch of "insurance" in the back where the garage door is. We keep it in All-Purpose mode and standard height so that's where it is when we pull in.

The other downside of permanent chocks is that you trip over them because they're there even when the truck isn't.
We went ahead and installed the chocks - I'm actually quite impressed at how well I can feel the tires making contact...

I'm guessing that we might end up taking them out if they start being a hazard, as we also use our garage for woodworking projects, and will be taking the truck out of the garage at those times. Might end up with the laser idea.

Oddly enough, my wife initially was gonna go old-school and just use a tennis ball, but then I pushed her towards the chocks. They weren't super expensive, though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
VandalSibs

VandalSibs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Wonder if anyone might have an answer for me..... I got a 2023 VIN, and from the sticker in the truck it looks like it was built in June of 23. Am I missing out on anything?

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Vehicles are exactly the same.

Rivian should be more transparent with that info early in the shopping process. It wouldn’t matter to me but to some it’s important to get the newest vehicle possible.

OP
OP
VandalSibs

VandalSibs

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sweet - wasn't sure if there was anything different (only clues I had in the manual regarded the full-size spare, which I didn't order).

Legi0n

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Blue
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Wife and I took delivery of a Forest Green R1T on the 24th! Picked up at the Bellevue Service Center, and the staff there were awesome. We arrived about an hour early (drive over was quicker than we planned on), but they were able to get the hand-over process started early!

IMG_20240224_150038 (2).jpg
IMG_20240225_130629.jpg

Just got home to Spokane after overnighting in Ellensburg and it's nicely tucked into our garage.

PXL_20240225_200125075.MP.jpg
Welcome! I'm closing in on two years as an owner in May. Still loving my R1T in Renton (Greater Seattle) area. Hope you have the same experience.
Sponsored