Time for a new hat!

Laserboy1054

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Time for a new hat! 1000010678

When I ordered a Cybertruck back in January of 2020, I was super excited about it! All the promises (including the very attractive price for the dual-motor model) were terrific. And, while I know many people feel exactly the opposite, I loved the aesthetics (I still do--we all have different tastes)! I knew I'd have a wait, but I certainly didn't expect 5+ years! (I haven't cancelled my order, yet, but I figure I'll get a "your turn" e-mail around April of next year based on my estimated place in line.) So, I placated my eagerness by buying a Cybertruck hat.

I'm not usually a baseball cap wearer. But it's pretty much essential when driving my Mini convertible. And I _am_ a huge fan of irony, so wearing a cap emblazoned with a silhouette of basically the antithesis of my car was too much to resist, so that cap has gotten a lot of use! Lots of sun, wind, and sweat!

But I've switched teams, so it's time for a new cap! As with the Cybertruck, the hat is partially to placate my impatience while I await delivery of my new truck. But I have what I sincerely hope is a realistic expectation that I'll get this one within a month. And, unlike the Cybertruck (at the time of my order), the R1T actually exists and the promises aren't just hot air--they've been tested and documented by a plethora of experts.

I'll be driving into town shortly--time to get some sun, wind, and sweat on the new hat!
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Love it!

Although the Gary hat should have fur on it, Rivian 🤔

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Sponsored

seatosummit

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 R1T, '87 LJ70, 73' Porsche 914 (EV Conversion)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Clubs

Congrats and welcome to the team!

Doctor Z

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Veterinarian
An early Tesla adopter (‘08 Roadster, ‘13S P85+, then an X, a 3 and now a Plaid S), of course I hadda have a CT. First day deposit placed years ago when dual motor was to be $59K, timeframe seemed almost believable and Elon Musk seemed far less malevolent. Lots had changed when I got my build go-ahead almost 2 months ago. So…..I bought a ‘23 R1T Quad, 22” black, Limestone. So glad I passed on the CT! Understatement. Also glad to see the used market finally gathering some inventory with significant savings vs new.

OP
OP

Laserboy1054

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

An early Tesla adopter (‘08 Roadster, ‘13S P85+, then an X, a 3 and now a Plaid S), of course I hadda have a CT.
My wife and I are comparing the early enthusiasm, and subsequent drop, for the CT with the first "Star Trek" movie (1979): we all _wanted_ to love it! We all _expected_ to love it! The bar was as low as bars get...and they still managed to disappoint us. (Yes, same is true for "Phantom Menace," for those other folks.)

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

I did something very similar (regular Rivian logo hat) that I wore to protect my head from the sun. I got shop access less than a month after I started sporting the new cap. Hope same success rate for you.

Sponsored

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

I need a new hat for when I work out in the garden and chicken coup.....wonder if I can get a CT hat?

defcon888

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T, 2021 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Occupation
Making money
Clubs

My wife and I are comparing the early enthusiasm, and subsequent drop, for the CT with the first "Star Trek" movie (1979): we all _wanted_ to love it! We all _expected_ to love it! The bar was as low as bars get...and they still managed to disappoint us. (Yes, same is true for "Phantom Menace," for those other folks.)
kinda like my first marriage......LOL
Sponsored