Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I’m gonna keep posting this till nobody asks about the launch colour anymore

Rivian R1T R1S There's some stuff that bugs me about the configurator/LE process 43C38CB8-3748-4DFA-9C43-5F22DB811AC1
Sponsored

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Confirmed again today in chat that LE doesn't have a priority order, but post LE your rez position will matter in order of build. Still not great but is what it is.

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Confirmed again today in chat that LE doesn't have a priority order, but post LE your rez position will matter in order of build. Still not great but is what it is.
That's really weird. Why would they do that? Or maybe no promises because some options impact timing even within LE?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
I am also very frustrated we still don't know the 180 kw price estimates, because that is the version I really want. However, I expected the first models produced to be only 180 kw, and well over $100k. So while I am frustrated, it is very nice to see Rivian is offering a lower cost model first, rather than take the Lucid approach. I expected the Lucid approach.

Sponsored

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
y'all can have my LE spot. 75k is too much for me
Really? $78K is pretty reasonable for a mid-range launch edition with several bonus upgrades. I was expecting $80K for standard and $90K for the 180KW pack. So thats right inline with my expectations - just very disappointed on the 180KW date.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I am also very frustrated we still don't know the 180 kw price estimates, because that is the version I really want. However, I expected the first models produced to be only 180 kw, and well over $100k. So while I am frustrated, it is very nice to see Rivian is offering a lower cost model first, rather than take the Lucid approach. I expected the Lucid approach.
Supposedly the configurator will have the pricing for the 180. My guess is in the neighborhood of $7500 uplift over the 135.

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Supposedly the configurator will have the pricing for the 180. My guess is in the neighborhood of $7500 uplift over the 135.
If reduced battery cost is the main thing behind the original price reductions, that would make sense. I think the old differences were 10k between short and mid and 13k-ish between mid and long.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
I hope that is correct, but I am afraid it will go up a lot more than $7.5k. Regardless, according to the latest updates on the Rivian site, the 180 will only be offered on the R1T for now. I am more of a SUV guy, but I might have to go with the T if the long range S does not have the biggest battery pack. (I think they cannot fit the 180 pack into the S with three rows of seats, so the "long range" S will have a pack smaller than 180, but bigger than 135.)

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
I hope that is correct, but I am afraid it will go up a lot more than $7.5k. Regardless, according to the latest updates on the Rivian site, the 180 will only be offered on the R1T for now. I am more of a SUV guy, but I might have to go with the T if the long range S does not have the biggest battery pack. (I think they cannot fit the 180 pack into the S with three rows of seats, so the "long range" S will have a pack smaller than 180, but bigger than 135.)
It did say somewhere a long-range R1S would be available in 7-seat IIRC.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I've just finished chatting with a rep. They were a little coy, but when pressed they said they were confident they'd have enough Launch Edition models for all preorder holders.

I take that to mean that there's no real limit. All preorder holders will get a launch edition if we want one, and it doesn't matter when we place our order during the week. But they don't want to admit that publicly because it'll reduce the urgency to buy/configure/lock in your purchase.

I do believe that delivery/build will be prioritized by order date, so early reservation holders will get their Launch Editions first, even if they order at the end of the week.

The "configured" order is completely meaningless, as we can change model and any/all options up until production starts. It's just a way to get you excited and keep you locked in until they've gotten financing/leasing figured out and are set up to take our money.

I'm very satisfied by these announcements as I only wanted 135kwh but need some time to figure out colors before buying; they're planning more in person events as safety permits. I'm assuming we can see all the colors then.

bigdogrod

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda ridgeline, pre order for cybertruck and r1t
Really? $78K is pretty reasonable for a mid-range launch edition with several bonus upgrades. I was expecting $80K for standard and $90K for the 180KW pack. So thats right inline with my expectations - just very disappointed on the 180KW date.

maybe for you 78k is reasonable, but that's over 80k with taxes. for those of us with less income, a 1400 or 1600 a month car payment is too much.

Doublemfarms

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-250,GMC Yukon XL Denali
maybe for you 78k is reasonable, but that's over 80k with taxes. for those of us with less income, a 1400 or 1600 a month car payment is too much.
At the end of the day, what’s the difference in $67,500 which is where we all thought we’d be and $75k? In the big picture I really don’t think it’s much difference.
I guess what I’m saying is I wouldn’t let $7500 get in the way of you getting what you have been waiting on.

Sonartech

First Name
Sonar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Canyon Red R1S, Hyundai IONIC 5, Ford Lightning
Occupation
Battery Systems Engineer
Clubs

I guess we'll find out today who was placated enough by the Launch Edition gimmicks to give-up on the 400 pack they really wanted and settle for the 300. I think that was part of their intent as well - convert as many of the "400 club" as possible to easier-to-build 300 - and give them special paint and wheels as a consolation prize...

When I asked "Customer Support" some relevant questions, here's the condescending BS I got from them:

"Your preorder date will still be a factor in the timing of production and delivery. Launch Green is only available for the Launch Edition which is a limited release and comes with the 135kWh battery.
If the Launch Edition is at the top of your list, you might consider checking out PlugShare, a website/app that helps you find charging stations near you and during travel. The 135kWh battery might fit into your life better than anticipated.
If you've changed your mind, we can refund your preorder any time up to signing a purchase agreement. Transferring preorders is not available at this time"

PLUGSHARE? DID SHE REALLY JUST POINT ME TO PLUGSHARE? That'll certainly make up for 100+ miles of range I won't have in the LE! Rivian basically just told me, "Just charge more! It'll be fine!!"

And now I know that (as of now) Rivian has no intention of offering LE perks/gimmicks to the 400 Club in 2022, even though technically that version will be newly launched when/if it shows up. Whatever. This is starting to feel like another Kickstarter campaign that may or may not ever materialize, and when it does, may be considerably different than what you signed-up for in the first place.

Sorry, Rivian. I'll take the second showcase showdown...

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

whether the rebate will be discounted/floated for some or all financing options
You can be assured that a tax credit which is completely determined by the individual’s tax burden as calculated up to a year after purchase will NOT be “discounted/floated” for any financing options.
Sponsored