Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Clearly we are not going to see eye to eye on this.

He created content that is clearly stated in his thread titles. His avatar is the same image as his branded UTube channel. You clearly had no problem identifying that the content was created by the person posting it.

The information he is sharing is relevant to this forum. If people do not want to click on the link and view it that is perfectly fine but to say he should not be able to post it is an over reach. If you want to say no one should be able to link to a uTube channel from the forum that is one thing but to say he can’t post links to his is another. It is not a competing forum and being able to post links to these channels that are relevant to this forum is one of the reasons I log in here.
Hey @SANZC02, that is totally fine. If everyone agreed with everyone it wouldn't be much of a forum. Too many people on here are quick to call someone a troll or tell them to cancel their reservation as soon as they say something that they don't agree with

I see no point in debating it further, I just prefer YouTubers that rely on others to share and spread their content, if it was good content that would happen organically. That was my original point to someones question.
Sponsored

BillyBob

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Traverse
Occupation
Just retired
Personally, I liked the video, and did learn some new things from it. Thanks Branden, and keep shooting, AND posting!

Lips2000

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul
Occupation
IT
How was he up front about it? As far as I can tell all of his threads are just a posted video from his YouTube channel without any explanation.
Don't watch the video?

Scroll past it?

Make your own forum and enforce any rules you want?

Jeeeezz...

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Well his whole reason for posting here is to get views and subscribers and eventually make money. I have no problem if people want to watch them, Im just saying that I refuse to watch self promoted videos.
They all have to start somewhere

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This is still one of the biggest weaknesses of the R1 platform. 45 minutes to reach 80% charge. To really be competitive it needs to be about 30 minutes or less. I understand the battery is massive, but Lucid and Mercedes are able to hit 80% in around 30 minutes with similar size batteries.

Lucid Air 112-118 kWh usable
10-80% 34 minutes

Mercedes EQS 107kWh usable
10-80% 31 minutes

R1 Platform 125kWh usable
10-80% 45 minutes

On a long road trip with multiple stops per day, this can easily add an extra hour or two of charging time.
Getting better with OTAs

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I appreciate the support. I don’t understand why some people get so upset about someone taking time to make useful content and then post it on a platform for others to enjoy *for free*. There are plenty of useless posts on here, Facebook groups, Reddit, etc and I just scroll by those. No reason someone not interested couldn’t just keep scrolling past this too.
Just ignore, u do u

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I personally don’t like posts that only have a video with no written explanation of what’s in the video. Sometimes I just don’t feel like watching a video. Branden always seems to write accurate titles so at least I can decide whether I want to watch it or not, and if not then usually someone else will come along and give us the cliff notes version of what’s in it.

Bottom line is it’s my choice. Sometimes I watch, sometimes I don’t. I still feel he is adding valuable content either way. If someone can learn something new from it, even if it’s something I already knew, then it is a positive.

Once I learned how to repair my POS Samsung fridge from a YouTube video made by a shirtless, cursing, chain smoking, southern guy with a HUGE beer belly. The important part is I learned something.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Once I learned how to repair my POS Samsung fridge from a YouTube video made by a shirtless, cursing, chain smoking, southern guy with a HUGE beer belly. The important part is I learned something.
I knew people would watch my videos. 🤣

j/k

Seriously though, I've been debating on making some YouTube Shorts of some of the things that I've made. Half is me wanting to figure out how to do them and cross post to the ticky tock. I'm now not so sure if I want to do that though. Some folks (a very small set) don't like any commercial posting and with the negative about videos in this thread, it's kinda warding me off. :(

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I knew people would watch my videos. 🤣

j/k

Seriously though, I've been debating on making some YouTube Shorts of some of the things that I've made. Half is me wanting to figure out how to do them and cross post to the ticky tock. I'm now not so sure if I want to do that though. Some folks (a very small set) don't like any commercial posting and with the negative about videos in this thread, it's kinda warding me off. :(
You should do it if you think it will help sell your products and connect with those who might want it. One thing I have learned after 14 years of running a business is no matter what you do there will be complaints and all kinds of unsolicited advice from people who mean well but don’t actually know WTF they are talking about. It’s hard sometimes but you have to let that $hit roll off your back and keep moving forward.

As long as you are an honest person who isn’t trying to defraud or trick anyone (we know you aren’t since you openly share your designs with those who ask), you should not hesitate to put your product in front of as many people as possible. Tune out all noise that doesn’t help you get better.

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
This is still one of the biggest weaknesses of the R1 platform. 45 minutes to reach 80% charge. To really be competitive it needs to be about 30 minutes or less. I understand the battery is massive, but Lucid and Mercedes are able to hit 80% in around 30 minutes with similar size batteries.

Lucid Air 112-118 kWh usable
10-80% 34 minutes

Mercedes EQS 107kWh usable
10-80% 31 minutes

R1 Platform 125kWh usable
10-80% 45 minutes

On a long road trip with multiple stops per day, this can easily add an extra hour or two of charging time.
Just for completeness:

Tesla Model Y Long Range: 10-80%: 27 minutes
Tesla Model X Dual Motor: 10-80%: 30 minutes

Info from: https://ev-database.org/

It's interesting. I had always thought that Rivian's end plate cooling would be better than Tesla's side cell cooling, but apparently the opposite is true according to this video, and, it seems, in real life testing above as well.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Just for completeness:

Tesla Model Y Long Range: 10-80%: 27 minutes
Tesla Model X Dual Motor: 10-80%: 30 minutes

Info from: https://ev-database.org/

It's interesting. I had always thought that Rivian's end plate cooling would be better than Tesla's side cell cooling, but apparently the opposite is true according to this video, and, it seems, in real life testing above as well.
Probably worth noting those are much smaller battery packs. 75 and 95 kWh usable.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
I’ll admit I haven’t watched any of these. My take is if he needs to self promote then his videos must not be that great.
Yes - no one that succeeds ever promotes their stuff. /s
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.