Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
That‘s really messed up, and does not inspire confidence in their processes.
Again... This is a lottery, there's no other explanation for it.

The guides and Rivian CS don't/can't say it, but it has to be.
Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
But regardless, Rivian shares what it wants and does what it wants, were just along for the ride I guess?

Again... Going from "highest MSRP and largest battery pack size", factored in with pre-order date determining delivery, to what we have now... It's obvious a lot of early pre-order holders were going to be left waiting.

None of this really surprises me other than my buddy getting an invite and now I actually get to go.

I'm feeling 60/40 right now after all of this that'll I'll have my R1TMP come January.

I am still hopeful!

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I’m sure once the embargo lifts (Monday?) the app or associated .pdf will be released with all sorts of pertinent data and goodies about the truck.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I’m sure once the embargo lifts (Monday?) the app or associated .pdf will be released with all sorts of pertinent data and goodies about the truck.
Yeah, I came back to say that despite my grouchy demeanor tonight there's big positive news! Media are driving the truck this week. And test drives are this weekend.. And we should get more into Monday.

Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Locked in a day off for a Monday test drive. Thinking about heading down Sunday and staying a night. Am I correct in assuming Blo is more fun than No?
They are essentially one town. Not too big. As a kid I never even knew they were 2 distinct towns.

Not sure I'd label either as "fun" lol. I do recommend Avantis out by the airport. Their gondolas(sub sandwich) are amazing. But last time my sis was down there they were closed Sundays due to staffing shortages.

Evan S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T Adventure Trim, Quad Motor, BM/Ash, 20"
Clubs

They are essentially one town. Not too big. As a kid I never even knew they were 2 distinct towns.

Not sure I'd label either as "fun" lol. I do recommend Avantis out by the airport. Their gondolas(sub sandwich) are amazing. But last time my sis was down there they were closed Sundays due to staffing shortages.
This! Anyone who has ever passed through BloNo has eaten at Avantis.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
So I haven't been paying attention. Are there still 2018ers who didn't get an invite?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Yes. 12/8/2018. Los Angeles. LE R1t. No guide contact.
Haven't had one yet myself. Just an email for the test drive event. I suspect they spread invites around geographically for the word of mouth factor.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Okay, this is just too funny!

I've been going on and on to all my friends and family about Rivian over the past 3+ years and was heart broken that I didn't get an invite for a test drive (live 50 miles north of Normal and preorder 11/27/18).

Needless to say I contacted CS, they said "sorry nothing we could do". They also told me these test drives were for LE reservation holders, and since I was a max pack R1T (LE wasn't optioned with max pack) I would just have to wait.

Well just got this from my buddy, who got an invite for a test drive ?. So looks like I'll be going as his +1.

He wasn't a LE preorder, he didn't even order the R1T (R1S), and he preordered his in 2020 some time.

Again, no real explanation for how these are all going out, but hey... I'll make sure the R1T has plenty of rear seat leg room and I'll take as many pictures as I can ?

1632269957440.jpg
Thats great you get to end up going. I find it a bit odd that a non LE preorder holder is invited though. I thought others had heard from Rivian that the first mile test drives were to start only for LE preorders. He will get a test drive but then wont get his R1S until after all the LE preorders? Seems a bit wonky.
Sponsored