HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

This vehicle is engineered not designed. Form follows function. it will be the most capable electric truck on the market. Specs-wise and price-wise it will be no contest. Best battery tech, best efficiency, best software, charge at all 22,000 SCs not just 12,000, won't corrode or rust, etc.

However, if you buy a truck for looks, then I can understand the hard no. Many in this forum laugh and disparage the vehicle but watch how many they sell.
Do you have any reliable sources to support that claim?
Honestly asking, maybe I missed it but I haven’t see any sort of actual data.
I preordered a tri motor 500 mile range unicorn a day after the glass was shattered years ago but to my knowledge that option doesn’t actually exist anymore
Same with pricing, I haven’t seen any sort of actual price listed except for when they originally advertised a 2 or tri motor option (which I believe is now only a quad motor set up?)
also, didn’t Elon recently say (himself speaking English) that the car price was going to reflect the r&d of a whole new assembly line, or something to that effect?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It is interesting that they have not moved this onto the main Tesla.com page and we are in the second half of 2023. As @AustinWheeler45 stated, they have yet to release any specs or pricing.

Originally Musk was saying 1k in 2021, 25k in 2022, and 50k in 2023 for target projections. If they do deliver them this year, probably less than 1k and prices around 120k is my guess. A Model X plaid built out without self driving is 125k, I see no way the initial Cybertruck offering comes in under 100k. Even a performance model 3/Y base with no options is 54k.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
This vehicle is engineered not designed. Form follows function. it will be the most capable electric truck on the market. Specs-wise and price-wise it will be no contest. Best battery tech, best efficiency, best software, charge at all 22,000 SCs not just 12,000, won't corrode or rust, etc.

However, if you buy a truck for looks, then I can understand the hard no. Many in this forum laugh and disparage the vehicle but watch how many they sell.
how much does it cost? what is the range? what size snow plow blade can be fitted? TIA

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, LE R1T
Occupation
Retired Chemical Engineer
It will sell on specs. Tesla better be pricing it accordingly
I think Tesla knows how to price vehicles. Look what they did with the Y pricing versus the Mach E.

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
how much does it cost? what is the range? what size snow plow blade can be fitted? TIA
We don't know yet but is it logical to believe Tesla will provide less capability than the Lightning or Silverado? As for price I'm betting it will be less than the other two for similar specs. Range?...the CT will give you more range with a smaller battery leading to a lower cost.

Sponsored

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Do you have any reliable sources to support that claim?
Honestly asking, maybe I missed it but I haven’t see any sort of actual data.
I preordered a tri motor 500 mile range unicorn a day after the glass was shattered years ago but to my knowledge that option doesn’t actually exist anymore
Same with pricing, I haven’t seen any sort of actual price listed except for when they originally advertised a 2 or tri motor option (which I believe is now only a quad motor set up?)
also, didn’t Elon recently say (himself speaking English) that the car price was going to reflect the r&d of a whole new assembly line, or something to that effect?
No, no reliable source, just my opinion. Isn't that what we all are expressing? Could be wrong but I doubt it. I've owned a Mach e and currently have a Y and R1T along with Tesla Powerwalls, Solar and Starlink. All work wonderfully. What I can say without doubt is Tesla produces products that compete. I too pre-ordered the tri motor 15 minutes after the unveiling and I'm around 55,000 on the list. My only concern at this point on the CT is the size. The R1T is perfect for me size wise.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
We don't know yet but is it logical to believe Tesla will provide less capability than the Lightning or Silverado? As for price I'm betting it will be less than the other two for similar specs. Range?...the CT will give you more range with a smaller battery leading to a lower cost.
Curious why you think more range with smaller battery? The guesstimates I have seen are 415 watts per mile or 2.4 miles per kW for the Cybertruck which is pretty much what the other trucks are doing.

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
No, no reliable source, just my opinion. Isn't that what we all are expressing? Could be wrong but I doubt it. I've owned a Mach e and currently have a Y and R1T along with Tesla Powerwalls, Solar and Starlink. All work wonderfully. What I can say without doubt is Tesla produces products that compete. I too pre-ordered the tri motor 15 minutes after the unveiling and I'm around 55,000 on the list. My only concern at this point on the CT is the size. The R1T is perfect for me size wise.
Day 2 reservation, around 120k on the list. That being said, wife loves the Rivian, size is a bit better in suburbs, and range is similar at this point. Once Rivian has access to SCs (and my tonneau is fixed), there won't be a compelling reason to switch. Oh, and ventilated seats are the bomb diggity.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Wow Elon aren't you a bit busy to be lurking on a competitor's forum?

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Curious why you think more range with smaller battery? The guesstimates I have seen are 415 watts per mile or 2.4 miles per kW for the Cybertruck which is pretty much what the other trucks are doing.
Just my opinion but I believe the 4680 battery tech is superior to the Ultium. The Hummer has something like 210 kWh battery to achieve 400mile range and weighs 4.5 tons. The Silverado will be similar. One of the versions of the CT will have similar range with a smaller pack. Speculation to be sure but what Ford or GM EV is as efficient as a Tesla.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

If they sell all they make, joke will be on you
I heard they produced one of them, haven't heard anything about it being sold yet though.

MDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Day 2 reservation, around 120k on the list. That being said, wife loves the Rivian, size is a bit better in suburbs, and range is similar at this point. Once Rivian has access to SCs (and my tonneau is fixed), there won't be a compelling reason to switch. Oh, and ventilated seats are the bomb diggity.
I agree on the R1T. Just a special vehicle and my powered tonneau still works. It ain't going nowhere.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
If they sell all they make, joke will be on you
The actual saying is "If they sell all they can make."

Every auto company always sells all they make of every model (sometimes the final units require a big discount).

McBogey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, A4, Q5
Clubs

Agree, form should always follow function. Tesla has generally been really good at that, to the point that people complain about them being too minimalist. (Tesla focused on the efficiency function first and foremost, as they should, and elimated a lot of the unnecessary fluff in their sedans.) But I don’t know if the CT didn’t put form first. I have no doubt the CT will sell great the first couple of years, but will be interested to see if it’s a niche customer that gets one, or if it becomes more mainstream.
Sponsored