Sponsored

Hyfly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Had the Same Problem, I reached out to the company and they responded quickly saying to make sure that you close it pretty hard, and that should do it as the piece against the cab needs to push into the space between the top plate and the weather sealing where the powered tonneau would go.
It took me a couple tries and yeah you really need to give it a hard close, but once it finds its place its easy to close afterwards. Make sure to have all the weather strips facing the back of the truck too.
Yea I have reached out to them and they said the same. I have tried countless times and still no luck. Im slamming it pretty hard to.
Sponsored

Joseph D

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
GIS Analyst
Clubs

Yea I have reached out to them and they said the same. I have tried countless times and still no luck. Im slamming it pretty hard to.
Yeah, not much more I can tell you then, maybe check by the cab and make sure its not overlapping the sealing at all. Otherwise when I did it I was full on bend down palms up on the tailgate fingers pointing to the sky and slamming it. Good Luck!

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
I got mine a few weeks ago and didn’t like the overall quality and design which didn’t instill confidence in a long term solution.

I’ve since gone a different route for about the same cost and have been much happier.

OP
OP
CDC_73

CDC_73

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Quad
Occupation
Sales Engineer
Clubs

I got mine a few weeks ago and didn’t like the overall quality and design which didn’t instill confidence in a long term solution.

I’ve since gone a different route for about the same cost and have been much happier.
What did you go with, looks like there are staring to be a few more options?

Sponsored

Waroen5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Pretty disappointed in mine, owned it for a month and look of it was pretty awesome but all the frames are cracking/breaking and after installing/removing 3-4 times over the course of the month and storing in the gear tunnel they're all scratched up with the carbon fiber "tape" peeling off in a couple spots.

Wouldn't buy again for $200 and just waiting for the OEM tonneau to show up in gear shop even if it's wildly more expensive.

ao66

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I tried this out and still no luck. I may have to take another foam piece off another panel. Not sure how well it will hold up without it though so nervous to remove more.
Any luck from the company? I just got mine and I'm having the same exact issue as many of you. I'm open to taking off the weather strips but want to make sure that will work.