First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
As a long time Ridgeline owner, I can say Honda's dual action tailgate is the way to go. I probably use the swing option more than the fold down as it makes the in-bed trunk much more accessible.
I'm guessing there are patent issues on this as well.
As a 4-time Ridgeline Owner, that feature is hands-down awesome. I store all my tools in the in-bed trunk so accessing them by swinging the tailgate is very helpful. Having said that the frunk on the R1T (however, I wish it was more level so you don't have to lift the tools quite so high to get in the frunk - I've seen other frunks where the grill of the truck also comes up for that exact reason) is where I will likely end up storing my tools or in the spare tire slot. At least there are options. I wish the dual hinge was available on the R1T but since it's a powered tailgate it might be challenging if the patent by Honda wasn't an issue already.
Sponsored

87Ducks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T,
When I was a kid one of my friend's family had a '67 or '68 Ford station wagon that had this feature - very useful!
Did the rear seat face the out the rear or were there 2 benches on the side looking at each other? We had both back in the day before anyone heard of seat belts.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
The Ridgeline tailgate specifically makes use of the "trunk" very easy. I am concerned the reach to the R1T trunk will be too far to be useful since the tailgate is in the way.

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat, 1974 914
Occupation
Engineer
The Ridgeline tailgate specifically makes use of the "trunk" very easy. I am concerned the reach to the R1T trunk will be too far to be useful since the tailgate is in the way.
True - may have to use the frunk for storing tools.
Sponsored