Sponsored

Spare Tire Jack -- suggestions for one that fits in gear tunnel?

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
I was able to secure a spare tire kit from a Rivian Service Center but am concerned about the Jack that comes with the kit. I have read that a pneumatic air Jack would work well given that the Rivian has a onboard compressor. Does anyone have suggestions on a Jack that would fit in the gear tunnel?
Sponsored

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I remember seeing someone post about a jack they put into their gear tunnel. Been searching to find the thread/post but I can't find it. I too am interested to find one.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I had a thread about a CAT offroad jack that I created. You could also look at ProEagle, Ive seen those in the gear tunnel.

Edit: Here is the thread I was talking about, apparently deleted accidentally according to the admin

Last edited:

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Multiple uses of the words “jack” and “jacking” in one thread probably caused the site software to melt down :giggle:

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

I had a thread about a CAT offroad jack that I created. You could also look at ProEagle, Ive seen those in the gear tunnel.
Thank you! Yours was the one I was specifically remembering and looking for. Are you happy you went this route vs a bottle jack?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Thank you! Yours was the one I was specifically remembering and looking for. Are you happy you went this route vs a bottle jack?
So far so good. I have used it a few times and had no issues. Only hesitation I have is the weight of the jack, I may eventually tap into a lighter option I can use with some rock sliders.

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

So far so good. I have used it a few times and had no issues. Only hesitation I have is the weight of the jack, I may eventually tap into a lighter option I can use with some rock sliders.
Yeah the weight is probably my only hesitation as well. Well that and price, but it is cheaper than some.
Sponsored