First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Cadillac ELR, Rivian R1T, Jeep TJ, F250
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
What did you dress your kids in, those paper gowns you get at the hospital? I'm not sure if you're aware but they make clothes for cold weather, even for climbing to the top of a mountain. I've spent days working outside in -40 temps and I didn't die I think I could manage 20 min at 50 degrees in the car.

I call bullshit on the claim of dangerous. Wear a coat, you're welcome.
Wow.

Aren't you just a ray of sunshine everywhere you go.
😳
Sponsored

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 MYP
Occupation
I encrypt PDFs for Boomers
Clubs

How do you know which clients are the Rivians? The reverse mac address lookup doesn't seem to actually work for me.
I created a temporary wifi network and connected the R1T to it, catalogued the MAC, and then moved the truck's wifi connection to my IoT network.

LevelHeaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM
Occupation
Financial Technology
Clubs

Only to the people who deserve it. Especially xenophobes.
I keep seeing messages like this in this thread, but I’m not seeing the messages that are prompting them. I must’ve blocked the offender long ago.

Sponsored

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Which would have been caught if they'd done a canary rollout to any (even 1) vehicle that had only ever run production builds. In my opinion that's a huge process miss by not doing a canary first.

A canary deploy can't catch all issues. But it really seems like it would have caught this one.
No doubt and I’m sure we will see slower future rollouts once they finish the RCA and revise their procedures. They were rolling out much slower in the past, it is just the last few updates that were hitting a ton of cars early in the deployment.

I’m not saying they did not drop the ball, just that they messed up, need to revise their SOP to prevent it again. People are going overboard on the real impact, in the future let the people like me who would just say bummer and report it Rivian to fix be the guinea pigs.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I keep seeing messages like this in this thread, but I’m not seeing the messages that are prompting them. I must’ve blocked the offender long ago.
I'm sure you did. It was that RIP character who was on here spreading xenophobia yesterday and its a flip of the coin if he's going to say something snotty or flippant or useless. If he's not whining about muh gauge faces or how terrible Rivian is then he is whining about another poster.

The hate for foreigners was a new low for him yesterday though. He is honestly the only person on this forum that is extremely aggravating. I should probably just block him too but I feel that some of us should stand up to people like that so they don't pollute the forum.

tcole

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T, 2022 Ford Bronco, 2022 Zero FXE
Good/interesting interview. However, the most shocking quote was "For those few who don’t use an app with their Rivian, they must call the Rivian service line to initiate the update from there." who the F are those people 😂 , I didn't know that was even possible.

Hehe, yeah my wife, who drives our Rivian more than me does not have the app on her phone. Has no interest in installing it. Uses a key fob.

I handle the software updates, any service center stuff, all of that.

Sponsored

danen1973

First Name
Nenad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Trail and error. I would let the truck go to sleep and the wake it up, compared what new device popped up in the list. One useful option is also look for device that tends to upload a ton of data to AWS.
I have an AP in the garage where the Rivian is parked. Most of the time Rivian is the only device attached to that AP so it's easy.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Good/interesting interview. However, the most shocking quote was "For those few who don’t use an app with their Rivian, they must call the Rivian service line to initiate the update from there." who the F are those people 😂 , I didn't know that was even possible.
I read that too and was like, huh? Ppl out here with Rivian’s and don’t have the app? They must have a flip phone.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Unless it was negligence, I’d give the fat finger a pass. But if this was a process failure I might ask for a resignation at the top...
An example of folks no longer employable at Rivian.

Rivian R1T R1S Software Update 2023.42.0 is out (⚠️ UPDATE: OTA fix rolling out today 11/15/23) enormous-big-hands-juuchini

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It’s a comin…

Rivian R1T R1S Software Update 2023.42.0 is out (⚠️ UPDATE: OTA fix rolling out today 11/15/23) IMG_8424
Sponsored