SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I have more elevation change in my 1300' driveway than the highest point in Florida!
That's for sure. Britton Hill is the highest natural point in the State of Florida. It clocks in at a whopping 345 feet above sea level. It is only about an eighth of a mile south of the Alabama state line.

Brian

Last edited:

YellowR1T

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Clubs

Thanks for alerting us. Here is the reformatted information

• Internal Release Date: 10/04/2023
Reimagined Drive Modes App And Towing Experience, Adaptive Range Estimate Improvements, Halloween Theme Returns, and Additional Improvements
Check out these new features, improvements, and bug fixes found in Rivian Update 2023.38

Reimagined Drive Modes App And Towing Experience

The new Drive Modes app brings a visual overhaul to drive modes, giving driver-focused control and dynamic feedback to improve situational awareness while driving.
Drive Modes Selector and Controls
  • The Drive Modes selector is now redesigned with a focus on accessibility and usability.
  • The Drive Modes selector brings various controls for drive modes together under a single tab, closer to the driver. New tabs on the left side of the screen let you choose between Drive Modes and Trailers. For Quad-Motor vehicles, the Drive Modes app groups drive modes into On-Road and Off-Road.
Gauge View
  • The all-new Gauge view, on the right side of the screen, provides real-time data visualization of the vehicle, allowing you to discover more about how your vehicle works.
  • To access Gauge view, swipe left from the main image on the selector screen. See real-time data from the vehicle, such as steering direction, direction of travel, pitch, roll, tire pressure, elevation, motor and battery temperatures, as well as trip data that includes distance, speed, duration, efficiency, and total energy used.
Towing
  • The new Drive Modes app now lets you choose the optimal drive mode while towing, based on the environment, behavior, and current road conditions.
  • Near the Drive Mode tabs, a new Trailers tab providers three profiles for different trailers. Each Trailer Profile tracks the trailer’s range impact, estimated weight, and trip data.
  • Trailer Profiles now remember the Trailer Brake Gain for each trailer.
  • Improved Range Estimation when towing. When you connect a trailer, the vehicle now continuously learns and stores the efficiency during the trip and provides feedback to the driver about the range estimate on the instrument cluster and the range on arrival estimate in navigation.
  • While the vehicle is towing or parked, the Rivian mobile app 2.3.0 or later now displays an updated vehicle visual.
Adaptive Range Estimate Improvements To Navigation
Your vehicle now continuously learns efficiency characteristics within each drive mode or trailer profile to provide better and more personalized predictions for range on arrival.
Additional Improvements
  • While in Car Wash mode, the door handles now present when unlocking from exterior sources such as a key card, key band, or key fob.
  • Increased the accuracy of charging data and improved the resolution of the charging graph display in the Rivian mobile app.
  • Fixed a rare issue in which the Rivian app reported incorrect vehicle locations for some customers.
  • Reduced likelihood of distorted audio coming from overhead speakers.
  • Reduced active grille shutter noise from the front of the vehicle when the vehicle wakes from sleep.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the Media app to crash when navigating to the search tab.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the climate panel to appear blank.
  • When pumpkins light their glowing eyes,
    For the season of Halloween,
    Look where you go to customize,
    To find the secret theme.
HOW do we access the "selector screen" main image so we can swipe left?

• The all-new Gauge view, on the right side of the screen, provides real-time data visualization of the vehicle, allowing you to discover more about how your vehicle works.
  • To access Gauge view, swipe left from the main image on the selector screen.

Sponsored

tobyringle

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Im guessing it's the screen where you select your drive mode.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

On the drive mode screen, touch the image anywhere and swipe. In the screenshots you can see the dots at the bottom indicating there is another context.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
There are some spoiled folks out here. The vast majority of vehicles have the same interface and essentially the same software for life. We have had so many great updates since mine was delivered in June 2022. I'm so appreciative of Rivian constantly making my 22,000+ mile truck better.

The tow mode updates should be a huge help. Towing my Taxa is an exercise in mental math and is the first time I've had anything like range anxiety. I'm hoping that nav/route planning with the tow setting incorporates some of ABRP's customization features.
Nobody here is spoiled. The reason most vehicles don't get UI updates is because they're actually functionally fully complete when they ship! The Rivian is not and won't be, for many years. This is the annoying part of buying a brand new vehicle from a company that wants to operate like a tech company. Ship the product when it's "good enough for now" and get to the final product in a few years.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Nobody here is spoiled. The reason most vehicles don't get UI updates is because they're actually functionally fully complete when they ship! The Rivian is not and won't be, for many years. This is the annoying part of buying a brand new vehicle from a company that wants to operate like a tech company. Ship the product when it's "good enough for now" and get to the final product in a few years.
Legacy auto's method used to be you'd have to buy a new model year car to get features your vehicle didn't have on day one. I'll take Rivian's approach. If the vehicle isn't good enough for you the day you buy it, don't buy it.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Depending on the weather it may show negative
??? Is Rivian using barometric pressure to determine elevation? That's so 1970s.

I'm assuming they are using GPS data to display elevation, which would not vary with weather.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
HAHAHAHAHAHAH my Rivian's UX was better than that of my Audi's that's only a year older when I took delivery September of 22 and it's just gotten better since.

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
HAHAHAHAHAHAH my Rivian's UX was better than that of my Audi's that's only a year older when I took delivery September of 22 and it's just gotten better since.
ok, cool. I was talking about the myriad of missing features, but whatever.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
ok, cool. I was talking about the myriad of missing features, but whatever.
What "myriad of missing features" are you referring to exactly? If you're going to say CarPlay save the response because you were told no on that in no uncertain terms. Rivian will never get that, so best off not buying one if that's a dealbreaker for you. Other than that there aren't any significant missing features that were promised on the truck's inception that it does not have now.
Sponsored