Sponsored

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
Hmmm, pretty minor update. I mean it has a lot of small things, UI tunes, etc. Thought we would get some good functionality this Summer like text message integration, +music options, etc. Will be interesting to check out Halloween mode - wondering why we still don't color ambient light configs if turns out color is possible again for all of us.
I've owned since March and this seems like the biggest update yet.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Telemetry and spooky! All wins in my book!

Sponsored

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
Being a bit of a Halloween decoration geek, I’m quite excited about this update. I’m that neighbor with the 10k watt sound system and RGB laser and DMX lighting show and six fog machines… 😂 I missed Halloween mode by two months last year, so part of me is shaking with anticipation of adding my R1T to the mix…. :)

Outside of that, I’m quite excited on this update. I was just thinking and proud of myself on how ‘eyes off’ I was today driving and tossing in my suspension/ride height changes on the fly at whim… and now I get to learn all over again!

Some will say it’s just a GUI change, but those changes lay the bedwork for future additions… so I’m all for it, and excited to see what the new towing profiles bring!

Thank you Rivian!

OP
OP
MountainBikeDude

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Thanks for alerting us. Here is the reformatted information

• Internal Release Date: 10/04/2023
Reimagined Drive Modes App And Towing Experience, Adaptive Range Estimate Improvements, Halloween Theme Returns, and Additional Improvements
Check out these new features, improvements, and bug fixes found in Rivian Update 2023.38

Reimagined Drive Modes App And Towing Experience

The new Drive Modes app brings a visual overhaul to drive modes, giving driver-focused control and dynamic feedback to improve situational awareness while driving.
Drive Modes Selector and Controls
  • The Drive Modes selector is now redesigned with a focus on accessibility and usability.
  • The Drive Modes selector brings various controls for drive modes together under a single tab, closer to the driver. New tabs on the left side of the screen let you choose between Drive Modes and Trailers. For Quad-Motor vehicles, the Drive Modes app groups drive modes into On-Road and Off-Road.
Gauge View
  • The all-new Gauge view, on the right side of the screen, provides real-time data visualization of the vehicle, allowing you to discover more about how your vehicle works.
  • To access Gauge view, swipe left from the main image on the selector screen. See real-time data from the vehicle, such as steering direction, direction of travel, pitch, roll, tire pressure, elevation, motor and battery temperatures, as well as trip data that includes distance, speed, duration, efficiency, and total energy used.
Towing
  • The new Drive Modes app now lets you choose the optimal drive mode while towing, based on the environment, behavior, and current road conditions.
  • Near the Drive Mode tabs, a new Trailers tab providers three profiles for different trailers. Each Trailer Profile tracks the trailer’s range impact, estimated weight, and trip data.
  • Trailer Profiles now remember the Trailer Brake Gain for each trailer.
  • Improved Range Estimation when towing. When you connect a trailer, the vehicle now continuously learns and stores the efficiency during the trip and provides feedback to the driver about the range estimate on the instrument cluster and the range on arrival estimate in navigation.
  • While the vehicle is towing or parked, the Rivian mobile app 2.3.0 or later now displays an updated vehicle visual.
Adaptive Range Estimate Improvements To Navigation
Your vehicle now continuously learns efficiency characteristics within each drive mode or trailer profile to provide better and more personalized predictions for range on arrival.
Additional Improvements
  • While in Car Wash mode, the door handles now present when unlocking from exterior sources such as a key card, key band, or key fob.
  • Increased the accuracy of charging data and improved the resolution of the charging graph display in the Rivian mobile app.
  • Fixed a rare issue in which the Rivian app reported incorrect vehicle locations for some customers.
  • Reduced likelihood of distorted audio coming from overhead speakers.
  • Reduced active grille shutter noise from the front of the vehicle when the vehicle wakes from sleep.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the Media app to crash when navigating to the search tab.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the climate panel to appear blank.
  • When pumpkins light their glowing eyes,
    For the season of Halloween,
    Look where you go to customize,
    To find the secret theme.
Thanks for fix, and cheers @Administrator for amending the post.

Sevn86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X5 M Sport
Occupation
Sales
Still holding out for the turn signal camera activation on center screen update.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
looking like a great update!

Whale Blubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW X3 3.0si, 2021 Toyota RAV4 XLE
I wonder if the engineer or comms person who wrote that realized it was an Italian quatrain?

Sponsored

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
anyone know what this means? do they mean the menu tray?
Hmmm, pretty minor update. I mean it has a lot of small things, UI tunes, etc. Thought we would get some good functionality this Summer like text message integration, +music options, etc. Will be interesting to check out Halloween mode - wondering why we still don't color ambient light configs if turns out color is possible again for all of us.
if a complete redesign of the drive modes app is minor to you... sheesh...

Rub-ish

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 2006 Audi A3
Occupation
Sound Engineer
I just had an odd glitch that I wish I had taken a photo of... on the current software build, suddenly an R logo inside a hexagon appeared in the app doc... I pressed it and it gave me a quote about exploration and it just stayed at that quote, going no further into another kind of page.

I was confused then I checked this thread and it makes a bit more sense... but I def dont have this new build, nor can I get that drive R logo to re-appear

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I just had an odd glitch that I wish I had taken a photo of... on the current software build, suddenly an R logo inside a hexagon appeared in the app doc... I pressed it and it gave me a quote about exploration and it just stayed at that quote, going no further into another kind of page.

I was confused then I checked this thread and it makes a bit more sense... but I def dont have this new build, nor can I get that drive R logo to re-appear
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/what-did-i-come-across-easter-egg.10680/

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Per RivianTrackr
https://rivian.software/2023-38/

Check out these new features, improvements, and bug fixes found in Rivian Update 2023.38

Reimagined Drive Modes App And Towing Experience

The new Drive Modes app brings a visual overhaul to drive modes, giving driver-focused control and dynamic feedback to improve situational awareness while driving.

Drive Modes Selector and Controls
  • The Drive Modes selector is now redesigned with a focus on accessibility and usability.
  • The Drive Modes selector brings various controls for drive modes together under a single tab, closer to the driver. New tabs on the left side of the screen let you choose between Drive Modes and Trailers. For Quad-Motor vehicles, the Drive Modes app groups drive modes into On-Road and Off-Road.
Gauge View
  • The all-new Gauge view, on the right side of the screen, provides real-time data visualization of the vehicle, allowing you to discover more about how your vehicle works.
  • To access Gauge view, swipe left from the main image on the selector screen. See real-time data from the vehicle, such as steering direction, direction of travel, pitch, roll, tire pressure, elevation, motor and battery temperatures, as well as trip data that includes distance, speed, duration, efficiency, and total energy used.
Towing
  • The new Drive Modes app now lets you choose the optimal drive mode while towing, based on the environment, behavior, and current road conditions.
  • Near the Drive Mode tabs, a new Trailers tab providers three profiles for different trailers. Each Trailer Profile tracks the trailer’s range impact, estimated weight, and trip data.
  • Trailer Profiles now remember the Trailer Brake Gain for each trailer.
  • Improved Range Estimation when towing. When you connect a trailer, the vehicle now continuously learns and stores the efficiency during the trip and provides feedback to the driver about the range estimate on the instrument cluster and the range on arrival estimate in navigation.
  • While the vehicle is towing or parked, the Rivian mobile app 2.3.0 or later now displays an updated vehicle visual.
Adaptive Range Estimate Improvements To Navigation

Your vehicle now continuously learns efficiency characteristics within each drive mode or trailer profile to provide better and more personalized predictions for range on arrival.

Additional Improvements
  • While in Car Wash mode, the door handles now present when unlocking from exterior sources such as a key card, key band, or key fob.
  • Increased the accuracy of charging data and improved the resolution of the charging graph display in the Rivian mobile app.
  • Fixed a rare issue in which the Rivian app reported incorrect vehicle locations for some customers.
  • Reduced likelihood of distorted audio coming from overhead speakers.
  • Reduced active grille shutter noise from the front of the vehicle when the vehicle wakes from sleep.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the Media app to crash when navigating to the search tab.
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused the climate panel to appear blank.
  • When pumpkins light their glowing eyes,
    For the season of Halloween,

Substance; unlike my Tesla updates.