Sponsored

Shop Access

HBDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S x2 (quad and dual motor performance)
I received access to the R1 shop yesterday but the banner at the top says "Shop our ready to go R1 configurations for a limited time." Any one know if that means I have a limited time to access the shop? Or the cars are only there for a limited time before someone purchases them? Thanks
Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
You only have access until you purchase one or your configured vehicle is imminently going to be ready. The vehicles are there until someone purchases one, which generally is not long.

OP
OP

HBDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gotcha - I wanted to make sure it wasn't that I only had one week or something to make a decision. Been waiting for 2.5 years and still hopeful for my march/April delivery window. I think I can wait a few more weeks to see if Rivian comes through...

SCIronMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MYP, ā€˜09 430 Scuderia, ā€˜11 R8 V10, ā€˜74 911 RSR
Hey, a fellow Rivian fan from Huntington Beach. I have a R1S delivery window for April/May. I have asked my guide about getting R1 Shop access and while he hasn't refused, he also hasn't done it. He says that there are no adventure models on there since production just started. He also said that I wouldn't be able to see Launch Edition models. He said that the only launch edition models that he sees are launch green with forest green interior. I am pretty set on ocean coast. So I just asked him to let me know if anything with OC shows up, otherwise I will just wait.

OP
OP

HBDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hi mike - I asked my guide and she just said OK and two days later I had access. So weird that they would have different answers to different people. Currently there are both Launch Edition and adventure package available that I can see. I only got the access yesterday but I have seen multiple cars show up and go away in the few times I have checked. There was a black with ocean coast yesterday but now it is gone so I'm not sure what he is talking about.

Rivian R1T R1S Shop Access Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 8.42.35 AM

Rivian R1T R1S Shop Access Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 8.42.27 AM

Sponsored

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Yeah my guide didnā€™t seem interested in giving me shop access either but did say sheā€™d see if any came up based on my flexible criteria

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yeah my guide didnā€™t seem interested in giving me shop access either but did say sheā€™d see if any came up based on my flexible criteria
You might be better off with this, they see an available sheet before it hits the R1Shop.

My original vin was pulled as undeliverable a few days after it was assigned. I gave my guide 2 specific configurations I would take, within a week he called and had both available for me to choose from.

SCIronMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MYP, ā€˜09 430 Scuderia, ā€˜11 R8 V10, ā€˜74 911 RSR
Hi mike - I asked my guide and she just said OK and two days later I had access. So weird that they would have different answers to different people. Currently there are both Launch Edition and adventure package available that I can see. I only got the access yesterday but I have seen multiple cars show up and go away in the few times I have checked. There was a black with ocean coast yesterday but now it is gone so I'm not sure what he is talking about.

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 8.42.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-05 at 8.42.27 AM.png
David - Is your pre-order for a launch edition or adventure edition? My guide told me that since I ordered an adventure edition, I wouldn't be able to see launch edition on the R1 shop.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

David - Is your pre-order for a launch edition or adventure edition? My guide told me that since I ordered an adventure edition, I wouldn't be able to see launch edition on the R1 shop.
They seem to have changed that. Probably had it set up that way until they worked through a certain number of launch edition orders.

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

So weird that they would have different answers to different people.
You're new here. Welcome! We're glad you're here. Alas, inconsistent communications have been all too common from Rivian's customer service people and guides.
Sponsored