First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Ok, I started the research using All Trails App Filtered by City and Off Road Trail. Found a bunch that look fun after we take delivery. They're too far from Everett for the First Mile Drive.

However I AM going to call Meadow Wood Equestrian Center and cross my fingers that they'll say yes?!? Figured our Spartan Race location was kinda fitting as long as I don't get stuck in the mud! ???

AROOOO!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
New Brainstorm - any family farm that had a Pumpkin patch near your. They usually have decent 'tractor' roads/fields to drive in?!?

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I also live in Issaquah and haven’t got my invite yet. Feb 2019 preorder, R1S LE. But most likely order queue doesn’t matter, they are doing by home location.
I think we didn't get it because they're targeting R1T folks first. Which sucks just a touch. But oh well.

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
New Brainstorm - any family farm that had a Pumpkin patch near your. They usually have decent 'tractor' roads/fields to drive in?!?
Nothing out there in Marysville?

Forager

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Clubs

I was thinking of calling Snohomish County Parks Department and see if there are any off-road areas within 20 minutes of Everett that I cannot think of off the top of my head. Everywhere we've hiked has parking lots/trail heads for a reason. 'No motor vehicles beyond this point' type of stuff.
How much discretion do you have over your rendezvous? If you can start in Verlot, that puts you very near Pilchuck, which is honestly the worst maintained Forest road I’ve driven on aside from something intended to be a ORV track. Verlot is also 40 minutes from Everett, so perhaps this is close enough that you could swing it as your rendezvous.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Oh yeah totally
Nothing out there in Marysville?
Um...maybe. I know of a few close to us in Snohomish and Everett. Carlton Farms and Stocker Farms. Can't hurt to ask..

But even if they say yes to a rather odd request out of nowhere...will Rivian be cool with it or will it be liability issue no matter where you go?!? ?

Shadoobee62

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CRV
Occupation
Marketing
@Bumble1978 --- I'm a newbie forum member. Thanks for all the info in the past! I'm confused by "First Drive" vs. other "events". I live in the Seattle metro area and placed my deposit in July 2020. I need to see/test drive soon as my lone remaining ICE vehicle is on its last legs (had Chevy Bolt too, but got totaled this summer). Can someone spoon feed me the different ways I can see/drive? Thanks.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I'm thinking a combo of location and random. I'm over on the Kitsap Peninsula in Poulsbo, and I'm an R1S from Feb 19. I'm scheduled for next week test drive. I'm kind of expecting a call to cancel or reschedule....but here's hoping it sticks.
I'm in Poulsbo as well, and scheduled for the 17th. I had the same uneasy feeling but, knowing that there is more than one of us makes me feel more at ease.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
I am in Maple Valley and get my ride the 19th at 2:30...and wait !
Let me know if you have room for +1, I will dm you. I'd love to check out the car and will be sitting in the back seat quietly (well, mostly)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bumble1978

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
@Bumble1978 --- I'm a newbie forum member. Thanks for all the info in the past! I'm confused by "First Drive" vs. other "events". I live in the Seattle metro area and placed my deposit in July 2020. I need to see/test drive soon as my lone remaining ICE vehicle is on its last legs (had Chevy Bolt too, but got totaled this summer). Can someone spoon feed me the different ways I can see/drive? Thanks.
Well no one has really figured out why/how those of us that are lucky enough to get offered. It's seems fairly random.

Events such as the one in Sonoma,CA are more like they invite a random group of pre-order holders to a closed-course track.

The Mobile Drives are individual 45 minute sessions for random pre-order holders that have happened thus far in the NYC area and now Seattle.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I am in Maple Valley and get my ride the 19th at 2:30...and wait !
We're kind of neighbors! (within a few miles). Impatiently waiting for mine. Any ideas where you plan on driving around here? Wife and I were thinking a bit on the highway and a bit on petrovitski.

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
Oh yeah totally
Um...maybe. I know of a few close to us in Snohomish and Everett. Carlton Farms and Stocker Farms. Can't hurt to ask..

But even if they say yes to a rather odd request out of nowhere...will Rivian be cool with it or will it be liability issue no matter where you go?!? ?

You may want to call DirtFish Rally School out in Snoqualamie. I haven't tried. It's a big trek to their site from the highway - and I'm hoping to get some (fastish) highway driving in.
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Test Drives Registration! 1636749529702

I have a First Drive reservation next weekend on 11/20. I'm going to try to loop from Issaquah, take the Preston exit off of I-90, then out past Sallish Lodge and then back toI-90 and then the pickup point in Issaquah. Google Maps shows that's a ~40 minute route :) The portion from Preston to Fall City is pretty sweet - curvey not super slow MPH.
Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Test Drives Registration! 1636749880460

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
I have mine tomorrow morning. Trying to figure out a good test route in Woodinville.
I'm in the same area and trying to figure out the same thing! I really want to head east on HWY 2, but Monroe is as far as I can get before having to turn around.

Maybe a loop from 522 to Paradise Lake Road, and then back on the Woodinville Duvall Road?

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
I was thinking of calling Snohomish County Parks Department and see if there are any off-road areas within 20 minutes of Everett that I cannot think of off the top of my head. Everywhere we've hiked has parking lots/trail heads for a reason. 'No motor vehicles beyond this point' type of stuff.
Doing the same homework... the closest offroad trails I can think of are out near Index.

The city of Kenmore has been in the process of adding sidewalks and our streets are a torn up mixture of broken pavement, gravel, and pot holes. This is probably as close as I will get to any sort of off-road experience...
Sponsored