First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Dodge Durange R/T, Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Biostatistician
I got an email 30 minutes ago about the Seattle First Mile Event, clicked on it to register, but it is now full. I've been a Rivian optimist and patiently waiting since 12/7/18. This sucks! Just reached out to my guide, and to CS, and we'll see what comes of it. I've been able to stay above some of the background noise lately, but this one bites. Not happy right now...

Hopefully some of you in WA were checking your email and were able to register...
Sponsored

Last edited:

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I got an email 30 minutes ago about the Seattle First Mile Event, clicked on it to register, but it is now full. I've been a Rivian optimist and patiently waiting since 12/7/18. This sucks! Just reached out to my guide, and to CS, and we'll see what comes of it. I've been able to ride above some of the background noise lately, but this one bites. Not happy right now...

Hopefully some of you in WA were checking your email and were able to register...
I never even got the email! I checked my account as well, but nothing there!

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I got an email 30 minutes ago about the Seattle First Mile Event, clicked on it to register, but it is now full. I've been a Rivian optimist and patiently waiting since 12/7/18. This sucks! Just reached out to my guide, and to CS, and we'll see what comes of it. I've been able to stay above some of the background noise lately, but this one bites. Not happy right now...

Damn, that sucks. It also tells me what I was expecting. That since I didn't receive the email, my location is too far from Seattle (despite attending the preview in 2019). ?

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I don't have an email nor do I see the Seattle event on the Rivian site. Maybe it was a glitch?

I thought they were doing LA before Seattle though.

OP
OP
bac4uw

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Biostatistician
I never even got the email! I checked my account as well, but nothing there!
I was wondering about you and a few of the other active members who are Rivian early birds in the Seattle area. I figured that we would have been invited, and that those invites would have been attached to something we had a reasonable amount of time to respond to. Instead, this 'first drive invite' is set to self-destruct in 10, 9, 8....

Sponsored

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was wondering about you and a few of the other active members who are Rivian early birds in the Seattle area. I figured that we would have been invited, and that those invites would have been attached to something we had a reasonable amount of time to respond to. Instead, this 'first drive invite' is set to self-destruct in 10, 9, 8....
Nope. never got anything in the mail either.

OP
OP
bac4uw

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Biostatistician
I don't have an email nor do I see the Seattle event on the Rivian site. Maybe it was a glitch?

I would be ecstatic if it were a glitch... like maybe the calendar wasn't set up to accept reservations or something. Crossing my fingers...

Rivian R1T R1S Seattle First Mile Event -- FULL?! Image 11-8-21 at 4.21 PM

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

That is what the folks in Sonoma who are going to LA next said.

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
As one of the 'early birds', I was able to get a test drive scheduled for this Sat. However, it was just dumb luck that I happened to be in my Rivian acct when I noticed the calendar icon. I didn't get the email inviting me to register until about 3 hours later.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Damn, looks like I missed the window as well. I didn't check my account today or check into forums until after work.

How come the Sonoma event still has open slots? And thats been available to register for at least 5-6 days now. Did they create that many more slots in Sonoma than Seattle?

Sponsored

OEVA

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oeva.org
Vehicles
many
Occam's razor would suggest that the vehicles spotted at the Bellevue service center are being utilized by one or more local field guides to provide test drives.
Not so much a First Mile "Event", but likely an ongoing program with limited space. More spots will probably open up periodically. This could be weekly, bi-weekly or without a discernable pattern. If I was in the Seattle Area and anxious for a test drive, I'd monitor my email and my account page frequently.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
I've got a test drive schedule for the 14th. Whether the truck comes this month or not, at least I'll have gotten to drive one haha

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Damn, that sucks. It also tells me what I was expecting. That since I didn't receive the email, my location is too far from Seattle (despite attending the preview in 2019). ?
I'm in renton and nothing. Not sure it's a zip code issue.

OP
OP
bac4uw

bac4uw

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Biostatistician
As one of the 'early birds', I was able to get a test drive scheduled for this Sat. However, it was just dumb luck that I happened to be in my Rivian acct when I noticed the calendar icon. I didn't get the email inviting me to register until about 3 hours later.
Hey, better to be lucky than...

I was wondering if you got a slot -- glad to see you did. Just saying, if you have trouble filling one of your two guest slots - I'm good for dinner + drinks! ; )

nukem384

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3/Rivian R1S

I saw over on the Reddit sub that I don't think the Seattle event, so far anyway, is the same "First Mile" event like Sonoma/Normal/NY. The guy over there showed a screen shot of a mobile drive. The one where the guide comes to your house with the R1T and lets you test drive for 45 mins. Probably also why the reservations filled up super quick.
Sponsored