Scratched Caliper. Paint Color Code?

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Just shy of 4000 miles on the odo, I noticed my driver side front caliper has a nice scratch in it. Haven't taken it offroad yet so doesn't seem likely that a rock would have done this. Of course the SC just called me that they woudln't cover this as they determine the damage was caused from an outside source. Disappointing but not surprising. A new caliper is $1200. Doesn't seem worth it...

They couldn't get me a paint code for me to find touch up paint. Does anyone have that paint code by any chance?

Rivian R1T R1S Scratched Caliper. Paint Color Code? IMG_1892
Rivian R1T R1S Scratched Caliper. Paint Color Code? IMG_1890
Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Just shy of 4000 miles on the odo, I noticed my driver side front caliper has a nice scratch in it. Haven't taken it offroad yet so doesn't seem likely that a rock would have done this. Of course the SC just called me that they woudln't cover this as they determine the damage was caused from an outside source. Disappointing but not surprising.

They couldn't get me a paint code for me to find touch up paint. Does anyone have that paint code by any chance?

IMG_1892.jpeg
IMG_1890.jpeg
Wonder if the compass yellow body paint pen that Rivian sells would match this?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

One of the aftermarket codes for Brembo Yellow is ZP-1255. No idea if that's what's on the Rivian but I'd think you could actually find out from Brembo.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Wonder if the compass yellow body paint pen that Rivian sells would match this?
You may be onto something with that suggestions. I just checked to see if Compass Yellow has any pearl or metallic in it and it does not. I highly doubt the caliper paint does either, since that would completely unusual.

I don't have my truck yet or I'd go check CY against it to see. @WattTruckMatt if you want to hang in there for a couple weeks I can check this out and verify for sure.

Edit: I should be clearer. I have access to all of the Rivian colors in mixed form so I am able to accurately verify if the color is the same or not.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
This would definitely be nice to know.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WattTruckMatt

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Thanks everyone for the advice so far.

After some digging I found out that Duplicolor has a "Porsche Speed Yellow" (Brembo Yellow / Cross referenced to Ford Chrome Yellow). Went and bought it at the local Autozone but it's just a bit too "yellow", not enough orange in it. It's close-ish but not good enough.

I feel like the Rivian yellow body color is a little too pale compared to the orange-ish yellow of the calipers. Maybe someone with that color truck can confirm.

I did check with my Shermin Williams color wheel and the closest color is SW6904 Gusto Gold.

Rivian R1T R1S Scratched Caliper. Paint Color Code? images

Might bring the color wheel with me to the hobby store and try to find some model paint.

The search continues...

Last edited:
OP
OP
WattTruckMatt

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
My calipers do not match my Compass Yellow paint.

Sponsored

TAZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
With tight clearances on the 20in rims and large calipers, it's going to be a very common issue. I'm sure gravel will also get stuck between the two and score the inside of the rims. I've had this issue on sports cars in the past with far more expensive rims. Had to pull over and put it in reverse to dislodge the rock, after the damage was done. It sucks but nothing you can do except try not to look at it and just drive it!

OP
OP
WattTruckMatt

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I receive the Rivian yellow paint pen tomorrow. Since I'm no longer holding out hope that it will match, I did some more digging.

If anyone can find a place that will do a custom touchup automotive paint pen, this is the closest match I found according to my Shermin Williams color palette.

RGB: 249 172 36
HEX: #F9AC24
LRV: 49.66%
CMYK: 0.0%, 30.6%, 88.3%, 2.7%

Last edited: