First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I signed all the docs and took care of *most* of the 8 steps right away, on the 2nd. The only two things I haven't done are finalize insurance or wire them the $10k. With my guide call I asked if either of those matter to delivery timing, and she said no that I was all set until hours before delivery. I just didn't want to start paying for things I might not see for 2 more months!

She told me on the 3rd my vehicle was "factory gated", but would hopefully get on a train soon and I'd see it in a few weeks. Today, she simply confirmed it was still factory gated. I don't know that we can read too much more into it than it just hasn't left the factory yet. They could have found something needing fixing or finishing, who knows.

All I know is that a full week after having a VIN it is still sitting in Normal, and I can't get it. :)
I'm in San Diego, CA and I got my VIN back on July 11th, a month ago.

My guide is telling me all she can say is that it's roughly 6-8 weeks to get it from when it leaves the factory. But she has no idea when it actually left. So I'm a bit in the dark after they made it seem like I'm getting it any week now, and had me set up the financing, scan the check, etc.

Now, that check will expire in 3 days and I will have to start the whole loan process all over again...most likely at a higher rate.
Sponsored

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (s00n- VIN assigned), Taco TRD

My guide is telling me all she can say is that it's roughly 6-8 weeks to get it from when it leaves the factory. But she has no idea when it actually left. So I'm a bit in the dark after they made it seem like I'm getting it any week now, and had me set up the financing, scan the check, etc.

Now, that check will expire in 3 days and I will have to start the whole loan process all over again...most likely at a higher rate.
Yikes, yeah that is frustrating. The endless wait before having a VIN was so much easier, because it was all abstract. They could definitely improve the communication for these steps, especially now that delivery is going to be so slow for a lot of people.

My charger arrived at least, and I got an install scheduled. So I'll probably be ready to charge the truck weeks or even months before I get it.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Haha yeah I was surprised to get my wall charger 3 days after getting VIN assigned.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor

I'm in a similar boat to you. Got my vin on July 10th. My guide doesn't tell me much. My loan application also expires in 10 days. Was told my truck arrived on 8/3 and to complete my steps. I did including wiring my down-payment. 8th step is still locked and no insight on when I can set up pick up/delivery. I sold my trade over a week ago. 🤷‍♂️

bcmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (s00n- VIN assigned), Taco TRD
Ugh, that's why I'm extra bummed about not being allowed to fly out and pick it up in Normal. It'd be a super fun road trip home, and I'd get my truck earlier. My schedule even works out for it neatly the next week or two.

I don't know how much it costs to ship a truck via train, but it's definitely more expensive than letting me drive it off the lot! :confused:

Sponsored

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
The last time my guide had any detailed info was July 19 when he said it was in Kansas (bound for Costa Mesa SC). Since then he has had no details only that he “expects an update soon”.
Can you ask your Guide next time you talk to him/her if they have a rail car number? If they do, then you can grab that and call the 1-888 number i mentioned and trck it yourself.

nieder

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Chevy Bolt, 2020 Toyota Tundra
Can you ask your Guide next time you talk to him/her if they have a rail car number? If they do, then you can grab that and call the 1-888 number i mentioned and trck it yourself.
I got the call from the service center today that my truck is there and I scheduled the delivery for next Friday since I’m out of town the for the next few days. It would seem the guides either aren’t that connected to the transportation process or don’t bother to dig into it when people ask.

derekmw

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I got the call from the service center today that my truck is there and I scheduled the delivery for next Friday since I’m out of town the for the next few days. It would seem the guides either aren’t that connected to the transportation process or don’t bother to dig into it when people ask.
Yeah, I get the feeling they do not have the ability/permission to get much detailed info around this. After being told there's no way to know when it left, and it's 6-8 weeks from some date unknown, I got a text shortly after saying there is good news - my vehicle will be ready 'very very soon'. I hope very very soon means today. lol

Jayhox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS
I asked my guide for this a few days ago and he indicated he couldn't provide that FWIW. Not sure if it's can't or won't, but I gave it a shot. :rock:

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Just heard from the sc, scheduled for Tuesday pick up! My time line below, socal location. 8 steps to delivery 5 weeks.

Reservation July 9 2021
Guide July 9 2022
Confirmed order July 10 2022
8 steps July 11 2022
Truck at sc Aug 3rd 2022
Scheduled pick up Aug 16th 2022

Sponsored

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Just heard from the sc, scheduled for Tuesday pick up! My time line below, socal location. 8 steps to delivery 5 weeks.

Reservation July 9 2021
Guide July 9 2022
Confirmed order July 10 2022
8 steps July 11 2022
Truck at sc Aug 3rd 2022
Scheduled pick up Aug 16th 2022
Was Tuesday the first available or just the first day that worked with your schedule? Also it takes 13 days to prep trucks for delivery? I wonder if that’s due to volume or is there that much prep to do?

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Was Tuesday the first available or just the first day that worked with your schedule? Also it takes 13 days to prep trucks for delivery? I wonder if that’s due to volume or is there that much prep to do?
Tuesday was the 1st available. I agree 13 days is excessive. Apparently the El Segundo center is very swamped at the moment.

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Tuesday was the 1st available. I agree 13 days is excessive. Apparently the El Segundo center is very swamped at the moment.
Well at least you have a date. I’ve been trying to avoid being the nagging customer asking my guide for updates and also fighting the urge to go scout the Bellevue service center to see if I’m close. This wait is worse than being a 10 year old the night before Christmas.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Well at least you have a date. I’ve been trying to avoid being the nagging customer asking my guide for updates and also fighting the urge to go scout the Bellevue service center to see if I’m close. This wait is worse than being a 10 year old the night before Christmas.
Longest 5 weeks of my life. My guide told me when it arrived on the 3rd. This week has been excruciating slow. I even snuck over to the SC on Tuesday and snapped a pic of it. They were not very happy I was there. You can reach to the local sc. Google it and see if the number is listed. All they would tell me was that it arrived. My guide said their hands are tied, the sc lets them know when it's ready.

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T