Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

The vehicles as shipped now? 115 is way more than enough.

If people really want a higher-speed model bad enough, maybe Rivian should offer a "sport" version that is lowered, stiffened, only comes with road tires, and has software tweaks that reduce its off-road chops, but enables a higher top speed.

If you're buying this truck to take to track days, you're trucking wrong. :p (Sure, taking it to a track from time to time is one thing - anyone may want to do that. But making the tweaks that would be needed for a higher top speed to all vehicles for the extraordinary small percent of people who would actually take their vehicles to the track is kind of ridiculous.)

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Increase it to 180mph and the cops won’t be able to catch you.
Rivian could bump the speed limited to just over 670,616,629 mph, but I think you might have some difficulty reaching that.

Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I hit the governor daily 😆

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
Too bad police departments won't be able to use R1T/R1S as police cruisers. ;)

bagsofcole

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap/OC R1T, FOR SALE: 2017 Tesla Model S 90D
Occupation
Network Engineer
How about a track mode that increases it? Im sure they can figure out via GPS or using the cameras that it's not on a public street, and at least let us do the 1/4 mile with no nannies.

Sponsored

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
+1. Would love to see 1/4 mile tracks geofenced to where the truck could run uncorked.

VSG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE/RB/OC/20
Rivian could bump the speed limited to just over 670,616,629 mph, but I think you might have some difficulty reaching that.
You think your Rivian is heavy now - just wait and see what happens when you get near that limit!

OP
OP

ssincl3

First Name
Sanjay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Agree. And my other car tops out at 197. I'm actually trying to go slower. According to my passengers I have a problem with speed.
All my cars have been above 150mph so 115mph is dismal. All the car chases I see on the news are stupid people in pathetic cars. Smart owners aren’t going to engage in a high speed cop chase with their fancy cars. I just want it to be faster than an economy car. 😁

Jack Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette Z06, Cherokee, Nissan Titan, BMW 1200GSA
I’m indifferent to the 110 nannie, especially if your goal in 1/4 mile racing. From the videos I’ve watched it runs a pretty consistent 11.5. (Correct me if I’m wrong) Give or take driver skill, track prep and tire choice. If you want to go faster than 11, put a car built for drag racing on a trailer and use the Rivian to get it to the track. Sure race the the Rivian for giggles, then race a built not bought Nova, Chevelle, Camaro or Mustang (for the Ford crowd), for sub 11 runs. It way more satisfying to race something you built. Even if its slower. I”m against “out of the box“ 9 second cars, EV or ICE. Most people don’t have a sense of how dangerous it can be.
Sponsored

Last edited: