Sponsored

Rivian Software Update 2024.03.02 Quick Controls Gear Guard Late-Night Adventure

Rickmc

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Vacation Rentals
Mine updated last night.

1) Alexa did not respond initially.
2) Alexa finally came back (must play paw patrol music for daughter)
3) 1/2 mile into the drive, screens rebooted. Middle screen went black and driver display was just speed. Before I could get my phone out and camera app up, it came back, like 10-15 seconds.
4) Alexa went out again, would not respond but then came back after another 1 min.
5) noticed the hotspot icon was gone. Every software update causes the hotspot to be turned off. Found that they added a "show hotspot on bar" option that was also turned off.

Fingers crossed the gremlins go away.

OP
OP

keenanj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, C8 Corvette, VW Tiguan
Occupation
tech entrepreneur
I just went out for a test drive everything working as expected there was a app update that went along with this vehicle software update make sure to install.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Mine updated last night.

1) Alexa did not respond initially.
2) Alexa finally came back (must play paw patrol music for daughter)
3) 1/2 mile into the drive, screens rebooted. Middle screen went black and driver display was just speed. Before I could get my phone out and camera app up, it came back, like 10-15 seconds.
4) Alexa went out again, would not respond but then came back after another 1 min.
5) noticed the hotspot icon was gone. Every software update causes the hotspot to be turned off. Found that they added a "show hotspot on bar" option that was also turned off.

Fingers crossed the gremlins go away.
My Alexa doesn't like paw patrol either.

Willyspu

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS1
Occupation
Farmer
Clubs

I make it a habit to do a soft reboot of the car and restart my phone after every update. I have been doing reboots after updates on all my computerized electronics since MSDOS 6.2. ;)
Sponsored