Sponsored

Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates)

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Apologies, I don't have more details, but, pulling from facebook with few details. Pulling from contractor's (DC AREA) Facebook:

" Phase one of the Rivian service center is coming to a close. We would like to thank everyone that`s been a part of this project. Phase two slated to start early 2022"
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 10
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 11
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 12
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 13
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 14
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) 15
Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I was up in Portland today and had time to drive by the future showroom location.

aGGptX7.jpg

The "For Lease" sigh is still present.

1mKZCBT.jpg

But this is new. My educated guess is that it is new vault for a transformer. You know they'll need more juice than the previous tenant did.

o0l15GQ.jpg

Locating paint from vault to building.
I stopped by again yesterday. The has been a little bit of progress. The For Lease sign is gone.
In the second photo, you can see a white line going from the transformer vault to the building. That line is gone. In it's place is patched concrete. Obviously, the parking lot concrete had been saw cut, a trench was dug. Conduit was placed in the trench and backfilled. I didn't take a photo because it was dark and wet and I still had to drive to Keizer.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Apologies, I don't have more details, but, pulling from facebook with few details. Pulling from contractor's (DC AREA) Facebook:

" Phase one of the Rivian service center is coming to a close. We would like to thank everyone that`s been a part of this project. Phase two slated to start early 2022"
10.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg

Pretty awesome find. Mind sending me a Link?

monzarottie

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, MB Sprinter 4x4, R2 Reservation
Occupation
Retired
I stopped by again yesterday. The has been a little bit of progress. The For Lease sign is gone.
In the second photo, you can see a white line going from the transformer vault to the building. That line is gone. In it's place is patched concrete. Obviously, the parking lot concrete had been saw cut, a trench was dug. Conduit was placed in the trench and backfilled. I didn't take a photo because it was dark and wet and I still had to drive to Keizer.
Thanks for the update Eeyore

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

In the second photo, you can see a white line going from the transform1er vault to the building. That line is gone. In it's place is patched concrete. Obviously, the parking lot concrete had been saw cut, a trench was dug. Conduit was placed in the trench and backfilled. I didn't take a photo because it was dark and wet and I still had to drive to Keizer.
Bruce,

Thanks for the heads up. I was there a few months ago while that electrical base you pictured was under construction and the "For Lease" was still there. I appreciated the earlier pics you posted of the inside. That was a huge inprovement in short time since I visited. Hopefully, it's up and running "in the near future".

Thanks again for the recent pics! I'll post more with my next visit! Beers and burgers soon!

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
Anyone knows how to get progress report and projected completion on DC service center? From this email it sounds like No Service Center, no delivery:

1641173278514.png
Rivian has been pretty consistent in other responses that all they need to execute a delivery in any area is a mobile van service, not a full service center. So I wouldn't tie the completion of a full service center to your delivery date. In other words, the wording "service and support in your region" is not equivalent to a full service center.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I wonder where this is. It looks like an industrial park of some kind, probably outside of the District. It does give me hope we’ll finally see some movement in the DC area.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
I wonder where this is. It looks like an industrial park of some kind, probably outside of the District. It does give me hope we’ll finally see some movement in the DC area.
My first thought was Richmond, but in comparing it to some other photos of it, it’s not.
Details on the construction contractor are equally scare.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I did confirm its the Richmond Location which lines of with their service plan and not doing directly the DMV area but using Richmond as a Hub.

CarolinaEAV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 4Runner, & s0---0n a 2022 LE R1T.
I did confirm its the Richmond Location which lines of with their service plan and not doing directly the DMV area but using Richmond as a Hub.
This is the site based on the address shared and does line up with what you can see in the images shared.
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Service Centers / Retail Locations List / Other Facilities (Pics & Updates) F5A24B42-3536-47C9-9649-65EDA3D08B88

Wags

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback
Clubs

This is the site based on the address shared and does line up with what you can see in the images shared.
F5A24B42-3536-47C9-9649-65EDA3D08B88.jpeg
I’m really glad to se progress at this location but I live near Annapolis and this is a 137 mile/2 hour 45 minute drive from my house. Is this a practical location to support the DMV area? Seems like a stretch for me and even more so for anyone farther north.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

I’m really glad to se progress at this location but I live near Annapolis and this is a 137 mile/2 hour 45 minute drive from my house. Is this a practical location to support the DMV area? Seems like a stretch for me and even more so for anyone farther north.
I am sure they will do one in the DC area in due course. There will also be places like Baltimore that could cover you too.
Sponsored