SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Is there any new information out there about possible future Rivian Service Centers? We are located in one of the severe Rivian service deserts. We are more than 300 miles from the nearest Rivian Service Center. This also puts us outside of any mobile service areas.

Rivian has now been delivering vehicles to customers for two years. It's about time that they expand their service capabilities to more pats of the country.

Brian
Sponsored

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Thank you for the information. Still nothing between Jacksonville and Houston.

Brian

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
What debacle has occurred?

Sponsored

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Map seems outdated. Still lists Gaithersburg, MD as "in the works" for example, but it's been open for months. 🤷
Wow! Yeah, will be a year in July! Unfortunately it has to make financial sense for them at this point. They're also have to be qualified techs in the area able to perform.

The other issue is the backlog at the service centers and it seems to be worse in some locations than others. This is clearly a challenge for them. And one that they will have to address before R2 launches.

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

The debacle is that Rivian cannot cover huge areas of the country, but they continue to pack more and more service centers in and near big cities. Even the newer RAN units are seeming to find their way into big cities.

Brian

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Los Angeles is in desperate need of more service centers, but Rivian is only focused on "experience centers" here at the moment.

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Los Angeles is in desperate need of more service centers, but Rivian is only focused on "experience centers" here at the moment.
Yes, that's just what Rivian needs right now. They can focus on "experience centers" so that they can sell more vehicles that they are not capable of servicing.

Brian

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yes, that's just what Rivian needs right now. They can focus on "experience centers" so that they can sell more vehicles that they are not capable of servicing.

Brian
Honestly they need to do both 🤷‍♂️

I don't know how many folks have Rivian's that are hours from a service center. I know 6 months ago it was people bitching they wouldn't deliver them vehicles because they lived to far away. I am sure building and staffing service centers is very expensive so while they do need to expand they can't be reckless.

Sponsored

OP
OP
moosetags

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

There is no recklessness in expanding service capabilities..

Brian

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
Los Angeles is 469 sq miles.. a pretty big place. I work there, but live in LA County... including El Segundo.. I have 3 service centers within 45 miles of me. What they need is one to service the valley, since it it so far from LAX. West LA is kind of cost prohibitive, since real estate is crazy there.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Los Angeles is 469 sq miles.. a pretty big place. I work there, but live in LA County... including El Segundo.. I have 3 service centers within 45 miles of me. What they need is one to service the valley, since it it so far from LAX. West LA is kind of cost prohibitive, since real estate is crazy there.
Honestly it doesn't matter where they put it. Probably not a good idea to put them too close together. They need more service out here ASAP. Plenty of folks reporting six month wait lead times, only to get to the SC and be told they can't begin working on your car for 10 days. But wait, they'll pay for a rental for the ten days but not contact you ahead of time to simply schedule it to come in the day before they can start service. $500-700 in rental fees or 1 simple call?

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
El Segundo is a pain even for the few people who live near it. Putting the main service center next to LAX and on a lot with very limited parking? Who could have predicted that would be a problem.....

Somewhere in the east valley or on the east side would relieve so much pressure from the El Segundo location and offer a solution that doesn't involve sitting in airport traffic for no reason.

Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena - there are lots of places that are serviced by multiple freeways and offer a good service radius for people living in both the valley and on the other side of the hills.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
El Segundo is a pain even for the few people who live near it. Putting the main service center next to LAX and on a lot with very limited parking? Who could have predicted that would be a problem.....

Somewhere in the east valley or on the east side would relieve so much pressure from the El Segundo location and offer a solution that doesn't involve sitting in airport traffic for no reason.

Burbank, Glendale, Pasadena - there are lots of places that are serviced by multiple freeways and offer a good service radius for people living in both the valley and on the other side of the hills.
I agree with you... anywhere near LAX is stupid. Costa Mesa is also in the same boat... small location, with limited parking and a huge coverage area. Eastvale is nice. In a non heavily populated area, plenty of parking, huge service bay area. Unfortunately, getting enough service techs to fill it up is an issue. Also, Eastvale has the biggest service area of the three right now. It covers all of San Bernardino, from the edge of LA County to the Arizona border.
Sponsored