First Name
Onyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 quad motor R12
Occupation
Autobody
Does anyone know or does anyone have any experience with Rivian suspension braking or alignment issues not being addressed or reported properly. I wonder if they have had any lawsuits concerning this and the safety of their vehicles.

I reported to Rivian last week that there was a loud noise coming from one of my wheels or more. This is after they surviced a leak in the suspension hydraulic fluid, and did something to the front drive shaft, Because it was making a knocking noise When accelerating. They supposedly fix that but that knocking noise is still there and probably worse than it was the first time before they had " fixed" it. I have since contacted them yesterday and today the 10th and the 11th about my alignment pulling me off the road. My steering wheel is no longer centered and jerking me off the road to the right drastically. And I don't know if this has anything to do with the brakes or the suspension or the drive shafts or what. But either way my alignment is way off and it's pulling me off the road. I have told Rivian this. I'm very glad that voice calls are recorded.

So here is where I have a issue I have repeatedly told them this is unsafe. And They have my, alignment and steering wheel off-centerered and noise coming from one of my wheels as a general maintenance and body issue and scheduled for July 10 to drop it off at their service center. Thus deeming the vehicle drivable. The bell yes center has said and I quoute that cosmetic issues are pushed out for 4 to 5 months. Which is what they titled my ticket as.

This is absolutely a safety issue. And the fact that they put it as cosmetic really really upsets me.

I admit by this point I was frustrated but I explained that vehicle is not safe it is pulling me off the road and there's a loud noise coming from somewhere That sounds like metal on metal. maybe a wheel or a brake. Rivian service support saying that is a general maintenance or cosmetic issue and scheduling me out until July Is ridiculous. And I drive over pass 4 times a week with my son and that they are deeming my vehicle drivable calling it a cosmetic issue and the asshole at rivian service hung up on me. I'm so glad all calls are recorded.

I am a customer, 3 rivians owned by me and my family and There's a big safety issue for the truck They sold me and it has had problems from the beginning. And rivian is doing nothing to fix it in a timely manner saying it is cosmetic or general maintenance, thus deeming my vehicle drivable. When in actuality it is extremely unsafe for me and my family to be in.

I just don't know what to do. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks for reading my rant 😅
Sponsored

zfischer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter, 1250GSA, R1S
I'm also don't think this should be a WIKI.

Sorry for your troubles. It sounds frustrating. I think you just need to keep pressing on them that you have a safety issue.

I'm not aware of any lawsuits or legal issues. I have read of people having similar issues resolved without too much trouble.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Why is "LAWSUITS" in your title?

Are you considering filing a lawsuit against Rivian because they have misclassified your repair ticket?

OP
OP

Onyx

First Name
Onyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 quad motor R12
Occupation
Autobody

Are you considering filing a lawsuit against Rivian because they have misclassified your repair ticket?
Last sentence of the first paragraph. Wondering if they have had any issues or lawsuits in the past. Never said I was filing a lawsuit or going for a lawsuit for a misclassified ticket. And it's much more than a misclassified ticket. Especially when you've already talked to them about the ticket being misclassified on multiple occasions
Did you read the post. IM INQUIRING. to see if this has been an issue in the past for anyone else. It's a safety issue. And lack of costumer and vehicle service when it is apparently needed for the safety of the passengers and other cars on the road. especially when you've told them already repeatedly that the issue isn't cosmetic. This is after they have had a ticket already open since 2022 that they never even scheduled and can't give a reason why. So no I'm not considering suing. I'm inquiring, thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Onyx

First Name
Onyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 quad motor R12
Occupation
Autobody
First thing you should do is remove the all caps title.
I did since you recommended that advice. But Why does all caps matter? I don't do forums often or any social media so I don't know what is a wiki but I removed that since it seemed to be a bother. Sorry if I'm ignorant to how forums work.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I did since you recommended that advice. But Why does all caps matter? I don't do forums often or any social media so I don't know what is a wiki but I removed that since it seemed to be a bother. Sorry if I'm ignorant to how forums work.
Its read as yelling when you type in all caps. It will typically make people hostile to your topic.

ndmiller

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Incoming
Occupation
Retailler
Clubs

Hound Rivian, like any other automobile manufacturer.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Onyx

First Name
Onyx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 quad motor R12
Occupation
Autobody
I'm doing my best

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
"10th and the 11th about my alignment"

I do wonder how many of us are in the double digits of complaints about some issue?

I do find it strange that your alignment issue hasn't been resolved yet. If my memory is correct they've mostly solved the alignment issue. Do you happen to be from the PNW going to the Bellevue SC? Or some other equally busy SC?

I don't have the alignment issue, but I do have the knock/tock. I'm not in the double digits complaint wise yet. I was just starting to get used to it in sort of "I'm sick of dealing with them" kind of way, but it got worse. People are starting to notice when driving at low speeds in a parking lot. Haha

If you strongly feel like its a safety issue and Rivian isn't doing what they need to do then you should simply open up a NHTSA complaint, and let them deal with it.

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

This definitely sounds frustrating.

Did you submit video of your issues with the ticket? That's a first step. It's kind of hard for anyone to refute that there is a serious issue when you have video of it. If you can take some video footage of what your experiencing I would send that to Rivian and even posted here. If you can, we can try to give you some opinions on what it might be.

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
You list your occupation as someone who works in the "autobody" industry. So you know better than most people on this message board whether your car is safe to drive. If your alignment is in fact "pulling you off the road", then don't drive it. Have it towed to Rivian and make them fix it. Otherwise, document the problems and lemon law your R1. You said you have owned three of them, so the other two must have been good enough, that you wanted a third.

Can't you throw the Rivian up on the rack and look for yourself if anything is standing out as unsafe or wrong with your vehicle? I personally have an engineering background, and got fed up with taking my cars to mechanics for service. That led me to learn how to do pretty much everything from rebuilding engines, to suspension work, minor fabrication and now sheetmetal work (not by choice). Take a look for yourself and come back and tell us what you found.

R1TCentralMa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Computer Sci Stuff
I am now experiencing my T pulling to the right. This was not happening before I had the front driverside motor replaced.

I am trying to work with the body shop and Rivian to resolve this. The body shop team said Rivian aligned it and they checked it themselves, when I first told them it was pulling to the right. Supposedly they and or Rivian see the matter as expected behavior. I disagree.

As of today 2 local shops, I have worked with before, told me they could not align any Rivians due to not having the proper software.

I agree, the car pulling to either side could be a safety issue, depending on how fast it veers. In the end if anything, the tires might have uneven wear and result in added costs replacing them sooner than normal.
Sponsored