First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Azera
Occupation
Business Owner
I took delivery of my R1T Sat June 25. Love the vehicle. Like a lot of others I have had some issues but nothing serious. Now I am faced with a major issue. When I took delivery I was given a 90 day temp plate and was told Rivian would take care of registering my vehicle. I have not received my plate as if this writing. I have spoken to my guide several times he can only tell me that it has been submitted to the state (NV). Has anyone else had this problem? Did it get resolved? Any suggestions on how to solve this?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

OP
OP

Afinver

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Azera
Occupation
Business Owner
Thats great but they say they have already submitted the paperwork so I do not think I can now go and register it myself

TripWir3d

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Occupation
Military
Hey man - I'm in Vegas as well. I think there is some problem with the way Rivian is attempting the registration process. I just got off the phone with my guide and they are booking me a rental for the next 30 days until October, when they expect the registration to go through after submitting it a second time.

Apparently there were errors with the first submission. I'm more than a little peeved that I'm going to be in a rental for that long - but clearly they are having issues with Nevada.

Temp registration expired on 8/25. Had the truck since late May.

I asked him what Rivian is willing to do to incentivize/compenstate me for my truck being unusable for 30+ days. Response I got was pretty much, "nothing."

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
My registration expired first week of this month. Car is now sitting in my driveway and I'm unable to drive it. Guide says it will be registered end of this month. They definitely have some problems... very indicative of the way rivian runs things.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I took delivery of my R1T Sat June 25. Love the vehicle. Like a lot of others I have had some issues but nothing serious. Now I am faced with a major issue. When I took delivery I was given a 90 day temp plate and was told Rivian would take care of registering my vehicle. I have not received my plate as if this writing. I have spoken to my guide several times he can only tell me that it has been submitted to the state (NV). Has anyone else had this problem? Did it get resolved? Any suggestions on how to solve this?
There have been several registration related threads. A lot depends on your state, in Oregon they certainly had some issues, including mine.

They use a company called RegUSA but I also hear speculation some of the blame may be on Rivian for dragging their feet getting stuff to them.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Depending on your state (and local enforcement, and fines), I'd most likely just drive it < 30 days expired.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Welp... Because of all the reported issues with RegUSA, I asked my Guide early on if I could register it myself. Was told yes early on.

Then right before delivery, was told no. "It's much better now." So at delivery, I signed the paperwork for them to send in.

Guess what UPS just delivered? All my signed papers back, with a note "here you go, take this to your DMV and file it with the proper payment!"

Uh... It took 3 weeks to send me back the papers that you had physically present at delivery? And Rivian took my $1048 in "Vehicle License, Registration, Transfer, and Titling Fees" but aren't actually paying any of it to my DMV.

Just checked, and the first DMV appointment in my metro area is November 8. My Illinois temp tag expires a week later. Sure hope there aren't any delays...

Sponsored

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
@CharonPDX, I hope it works out for ya. I was in the same boat about 50 days ago (all over my guide to get this moving) and now my temp tag expires TODAY and I just talked to the DMV yesterday and they said they had to send the registration back to Rivian since there were numerous errors that needed to be corrected. :rolleyes:

If you've got the means to do this yourself, I would pending Rivian reimburses you for you time.

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

I ended up scheduling a DMV appointment next week at a DMV in a town 90 minutes away.

It's at 4 PM next Friday - but that still means 2.5 hours off work for my wife and I next Friday to drive out there and take care of it.

OP
OP

Afinver

First Name
Avery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Azera
Occupation
Business Owner
So I finally got my plates. I would appear that the 3rd party company had to send in someone to the DMV in Henderson to get the plates done. I found this out by calling and waiting on hold for 45 min with the DMV. The late and penalty charges where significant. This was documented with the plates. I wonder who paid for those.

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
Welp... Because of all the reported issues with RegUSA, I asked my Guide early on if I could register it myself. Was told yes early on.

Then right before delivery, was told no. "It's much better now." So at delivery, I signed the paperwork for them to send in.

Guess what UPS just delivered? All my signed papers back, with a note "here you go, take this to your DMV and file it with the proper payment!"

Uh... It took 3 weeks to send me back the papers that you had physically present at delivery? And Rivian took my $1048 in "Vehicle License, Registration, Transfer, and Titling Fees" but aren't actually paying any of it to my DMV.

Just checked, and the first DMV appointment in my metro area is November 8. My Illinois temp tag expires a week later. Sure hope there aren't any delays...
I had an issue with RegUSA in which they incorrectly filled out my title and registration for OR and my temp tags expired yesterday (mail in process for OR DMV is backlogged by 4-6 weeks). Told my guide I would do it myself and filled out the OR Form 226 and was smooth sailing dealing with the DMV. In my case, the issue was with USAReg and not Rivian. With that said I would encourage OR residents to register the vehicle themselves if possible, given the delays in the mail processing
Sponsored